Billy Boyd,

Hey Troy!

It's Tara, your partner in crime on Saturday in the Billy queue! :)

I am sorry if everyone didn't get to spend as much time with Billy as they would have liked. I know how it feels; I couldn't get a photo with Elijah at C4. But I was fine with that, as I got to talk crap with him for a few minutes! I'm sorry about the photo situation, but I would hate the idea of someone waiting all day too meet Billy, and then being turned away at the end, because there isn't enough time (which happened on Sunday apparently). This is why no photos with Billy were allowed.

I was Billy's assistant on Saturday. After sitting on my own for 3 hours while I waited for him to arrive (hi to Merry’s Missus, I remember you from the Andy queue while I waited for Billy!), it was really fun to see how much love everyone has for him! Some of the presents he got were fantastic. To the lady that made the Convention survival kit, that was genius! And all the drawings and paintings, you're all so talented. And the girls that made the award for him - the tree - that was very cool!

Towards the end it was suggested that he shouldn't do anymore personalisation, and I told him this. And he would do it for one autograph and then tell me he couldn't do autographs like that, and that he had to do personalisation, because it wasn’t fair. I did tell him that he could tell Showmasters that he threatened to kill me if he wasn't allowed to write people's name, and he said that was a good idea! When I had to ask one fan to move along, Billy told me not too tell him off! I wanted to die. I love Billy *cough* and I felt so mean. lol

No matter what happened over the weekend, if you got one of those adorable smiles from Billy, then you should have gone away happy! hehe

Thanks to Andy, Troy, Rachelle, Matt, Ian, Debbie, Jamie, Sarah, Kate and everyone else that I worked with that day!

Taz xx

Edited by Gandalfia

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Gandalfia, you are so lucky that you could sit with Billy on Saturady, I was one of the people that gave him drawings I had done of some of the cast from LOTR, I gave them to Billy in a tube, I didnt tell him what was in there as I felt guilty about holding up the queues I was the very first person to meet him. Do you know if he looked at them at all?? It would mean a lot to me if you could tell me if you know! :P

Thankyou xxxxxxxxxxxx

I feel I must clear a few things up here. Everyone is having a go at Billy, when in fact Billy came there to sign for HUNDREDS of people. He was late because his plane was delayed, now if he was superman and could fly on his own he could have possibly made it there on time, but considering he's just a normal human being he needed a plane, which was delayed (although if he was Dom he would've been on time, cuz he is superman :lol: , only joking, love ya Billy).

As for the crewmembers who were working the weekend, some probably didn't do the job they were hired on to do, but others did a fantastic job, myself included! I was working the Billy queue and the reason why we had the no photos policy was because Billy had gotten there late and by the time he started signing his queue was up to over 800.

I'm sure Billy was interested in what you were saying Poppy, but please understand that he had seen 515 people before you and that is At Least 515 autographs. It's not that he wasn't interested, but just imagine sitting there for hours on end signing autographs for people for 12 hrs, YES 12 hrs!! I think Billy had ONE break the entire time. When he first got in he had some tea, which he barely got to drink and that was all I saw him drink that day.

I'm sorry you didn't get your picture, but at least you were lucky enough to meet him. I had many people come up to me on that day practically begging me to get in the queue after we had cut off the ticket distribution.

I don't mean to be a B**** about what you all have posted, but to have a go at Billy or any of the Crew will NOT change what happened this weekend!

Cheers!

Hey Troy!

I am sorry if everyone didn't get to spend as much time with Billy as they would have liked. I know how it feels; I couldn't get a photo with Elijah at C4. But I was fine with that, as I got to talk crap with him for a few minutes! I'm sorry about the photo situation, but I would hate the idea of someone waiting all day too meet Billy, and then being turned away at the end, because there isn't enough time (which happened on Sunday apparently). This is why no photos with Billy were allowed.

I was Billy's assistant on Saturday. After sitting on my own for 3 hours while I waited for him to arrive (hi to Merry’s Missus, I remember you from the Andy queue while I waited for Billy!), it was really fun to see how much love everyone has for him! Some of the presents he got were fantastic. To the lady that made the Convention survival kit, that was genius! And all the drawings and paintings, you're all so talented. And the girls that made the award for him - the tree - that was very cool!

Towards the end it was suggested that he shouldn't do anymore personalisation, and I told him this. And he would do it for one autograph and then tell me he couldn't do autographs like that, and that he had to do personalisation, because it wasn’t fair. I did tell him that he could tell Showmasters that he threatened to kill me if he wasn't allowed to write people's name, and he said that was a good idea! When I had to ask one fan to move along, Billy told me not too tell him off! I wanted to die. I love Billy *cough* and I felt so mean. lol

No matter what happened over the weekend, if you got one of those adorable smiles from Billy, then you should have gone away happy! hehe

Thanks to Andy, Troy, Rachelle, Jamie, Sarah, Kate and everyone else that I worked with that day!

Taz xx

Hey Mate,

I remember when Billy Turned to you and said "Don't tell them off", he then turned to me and said the same thing. Man I felt so horrible after that, like I'm so evil and all that, lol. I really like Billy and to have to turn to me and say that was like death.

But, the next day when I queued up I had apologized to him and asked if he despised me from yesterday, lol...naturally he said "Yes" :lol: , hahaha, no he didn't he said "No of course not!" Then he signed my photo "Rachelle, It was lovely to meet you, Tons of Love, Billy Boyd," and I got a piccie with him which was great :D .

So I kind of started off on the wrong foot, but ended on a good one. So much for first impressions aye ;) ?

BTW, I was told directly from John to say no photos taken and no personalizations, but Billy wanted to personalize which I thought was fantastic. Also I was told by John to move the people on if they were taking too long. Of course after Billy turned to me, I just sort of tried my best not to, but then I kept being told to hurry along the people...so it was quite a difficult task as I didn't want to upset Billy more and I had to do my job.

Again, Sorry Billy. I hope you're not too upset. Love Ya Anywayz!

Cheers!

Edited by Rachiepachie2001

Hey Troy!

Thanks to Andy, Troy, Rachelle, Jamie, Sarah, Kate and everyone else that I worked with that day!

Taz xx

Hey Mate,

I remember when Billy Turned to you and said "Don't tell them off", he then turned to me and said the same thing. Man I felt so horrible after that, like I'm so evil and all that, lol. I really like Billy and to have to turn to me and say that was like death.

But, the next day when I queued up I had apologized to him and asked if he despised me from yesterday, lol...naturally he said "Yes" :lol: , hahaha, no he didn't he said "No of course not!" Then he signed my photo "Rachelle, It was lovely to meet you, Tons of Love, Billy Boyd," and I got a piccie with him which was great :D .

So I kind of started off on the wrong foot, but ended on a good one. So much for first impressions aye ;) ?

BTW, I was told directly from John to say no photos taken and no personalizations, but Billy wanted to personalize which I thought was fantastic.

Cheers!

Hi Rachie

Really glad I met you in talk 2 on Saturday night. I think all you crew members did an amazing job - it's impossible to keep everyone happy all of the time. hope you'll make it to C5 :D

hey rachelle!! :lol: i duno if u remember me but i met u when u wer with john rhys davis :)

I guess i was really lucky with billy - we got there at 5am and were second in queue and we were some of the first to meet billy on the sunday, he signed for me and had my picture AND said a little message into my vid cam (wich made me cry......stupid me!) oh and thank u 2 the LOVELY showmasters lady who did that for me, if u hadnt of sed that 2 billy i wouldnt have my fantastic message!! then we got 2 meet him a second time and he signed my jacket (duno if anyone saw my jacket, it was a greenyish sorta colour and i had loadsa blue siggys over it ;) oh and sala drew a piccie of an eye and put "i see u" :D wicked! lol) anyway, my day was brilliant and billy was such as sweetie.......ooo and andy!! he sung the song he sings in ttt by the forbidden pool 2 me and emma got it all on vid! :D thankies hunny!

i shud get me pix bak by the end of the week 4 anyone who wants 2 c them - i met all lotr peeps in talk1 sat talk 2 sun and i met bob aswel)

tc x x x x x

Right what im gonna say here might upset some people but you know what I DONT CARE

1 Yes Billy was late yes he was tired but some people on here are just so ungrateful there are hundreds of people no sorry scrap that THOUSANDS of people out there that have not even set eyes on Billy and most of you have met him several times and probably have pictures with him anyway. For some people this was the one and only chance they could get to meet him and you know what most of them were thankful to just set eyes on him. God it makes me so mad to hear people talk about Billy like this he is not a bad person he is a very busy man who is working very hard and was just very tired on that particular day who wouldnt be after a 12 hour flight and even if he was flying first class it does not mean you can sleep I have flown first class before and did not sleep it makes no difference.

2 EVERYONE who worked did their best but i think blowing your own trumpet is sickening I worked both days but do you hear me saying i was great NO im sorry but we all knew what was in store this weekend, But this attitude only comes across when you are being approached by people seeing the guests I was complained to several times about the same person I will not name names but i think this person knows who they are I saw this person working and I was very dissapointed with their attitude I would not have been very happy If I had got one of the responses from this person It was very harsh and did not show the Great name that is Showmasters in a very good light

its one thing to have a member of the public join up to the forum and sing your praises, that just shows they had a great day and you made it stress free and enjoyable for them I had a lot of people do that for me when I worked Sean Astins queue at C4 and I had to dissapoint some people but i did it in a calm and polite way that is appreciated by the public but i didnt come on here and tell everyone I just thanked them for their comments and welcomed them to the forum I am not there for Praise Im there to make sure the guest sees as many people as possible in the time allocated to them. I know I sound harsh but yes im still tired everyone who worked this weekend is probably feeling exactly the same way as me and most had to go back to thier full time jobs and carry on being nice to people it's just one of those things.

For everyone at Showmasters

Jason, Mark, Andrea, Houdi, Kenny, David, Steff, James, David S you guys are AWESOME I love you all Sorry if I have forgotten anyone but im really tired. THANK YOU again for giving me this great oppotunity to work with you once again I hope I did you proud. I look forward to seeing you again at C5

Elfiexx

I thought Billy was quite upbeat, but then I did meet him on the Sunday morning. I think he was a bit tired though because he didnt seem as upbeat as he did when I met him at a different event last Oct. He was very chatty and smiley that day. Right at the end of the day when I was leaving I went to say goodbye and he gave me a big hug, thats my best memory of Billy :D . Although he still had his lovely smile, he did seem a little more stressed, but it was probably all the stress of having to sign so many autos so quickly and dissapointing fans who wanted photos. My sister showed Billy her painting and he seemed really enthusiastic about it.

Love Jen xxx

Hey Little Miss Brandybuck, I'm sorry but I don't know what Billy thought of his presents! Once I finished working with him that day, I didn't see him again until the next day when I queued to get his autograph. I do remember you though! After waiting for 3 hours for fans to arrive and meet him, you were my saviour!

From what I've heard, Billy is particularly precious about his gifts. So I'm certain he will have your present with him!

I'm sorry you didn't get to see his reaction, due to the lack of time. But you yourself know that Billy is fantastic and no doubt loves your present to him! :)

Take care

Taz xx

P.S Hey Troy! Yes, no doubt you will see me in the bar at C5, I do believe I owe you a drink! :D

Hey Troy!

Taz xx

Hey Mate,

But, the next day when I queued up I had apologized to him and asked if he despised me from yesterday, lol...naturally he said "Yes" :borg: , hahaha, no he didn't he said "No of course not!" Then he signed my photo "Rachelle, It was lovely to meet you, Tons of Love, Billy Boyd," and I got a piccie with him which was great :D .

So I kind of started off on the wrong foot, but ended on a good one. So much for first impressions aye :wub: ?

BTW, I was told directly from John to say no photos taken and no personalizations, but Billy wanted to personalize which I thought was fantastic. Also I was told by John to move the people on if they were taking too long. Of course after Billy turned to me, I just sort of tried my best not to, but then I kept being told to hurry along the people...so it was quite a difficult task as I didn't want to upset Billy more and I had to do my job.

Again, Sorry Billy. I hope you're not too upset. Love Ya Anywayz!

Cheers!

ok, now that was nice for you, you spoke to billy and had a nice cosy one to one chat and a picture and a personalization. it was the first time i ever met billy, i was with 5 friends with billy and we never took a photo, and he insisted on the personalization, and as soon as we tryed to speak, you started to tell us to move along and once you get your autograph please leave. so thats paying a £10 entry and a £15 fo the auto, for 25 secs with billy which if you blinked, you would miss half your time with him. he was a lovely man, and it wasn't him in control of the "no photos whatsoeva " so it werent that bad. and yeah its your job, but you was pretty sharp. :D

i really dont think showmasters did a bad job and it was very stressful for everyone.

as for the LOTR sunday talk 2.... it was the worst i have ever been in, honesty. the convosations were dry, the stars were rude with the "talk into the mic... NO NO NO CLOSER, TALK INTO THE MIC, WE CAN'T HEAR YOU" when a question was asked only Sala would answer and bob and maybe john, billy would just be silent. the question was directed at all of them most times yet sala would give a one word answer then bob would ramble a little (he was great) and then noble, and then a dry uncomfotable pause and then billy might speak. i know they were tierd or in johns case ill. but there gettin payed loads. were paying to sit there. yet they didn't all answer the questions with any effort.. they never spoke and joke to each other and talked about some shots, apart from bob's, amon hen, and billys singing. and it was so dead the questions were, "YOU ASK US A QUESTION" (STAR ASKS THE FANS QUESTIONS) B)

there was always this need for someone to break the silence. AND at the end they jus walked straight off. SAT-TALK1 andy, bruce and thomas stayed and chatted, hugged people, and had photos. billy relucantly waved and walked off. :borg:

SAT TALK 1 WAS ALTOGETHER THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE : P

showmasters did a great job, and maybe some of the crew i know will think i am a prat for wrtting this but alot of people agreed with me. :D

I have to agree about Talk 2. My mum said it was embarrassing. Very awkward. And Talk 1 was so fantastic too. Such a shame because that was pretty much the only contact I had with Billy all weekend and it did feel strained although he did answer my question for me, so that made me happy.

xxx

Hey Mate,

BTW, I was told directly from John to say no photos taken and no personalizations, but Billy wanted to personalize which I thought was fantastic. Also I was told by John to move the people on if they were taking too long.

Hey Rachie!

We talked briefly when you were at John's queue. My sis was chuffed that you called her a "cutiepie". Bless! B)

I wish we couldv'e talked for longer, but obviously we would have been in the way. I hope you enjoy your time in England, and see you at C5! :D

Anyway, I've gone completely off-topic here.

Ptenbob - hey, you were so sympathetic to me about the no-photos thing, {{{{{hugs}}}}} but I honestly didn't mind that much cos I've had photos with him before! I really sympathise with everyone who went away from meeting Billy dissappointed :wub: He is a lovely guy really

And peeps, what's all this dissing Skid? I think you've scared him/her away :D Why? He/she made some good points and was not offensive in any way!

Anyway, had an unbelievable time at LFACC, cant say that a particuar thing made my day cos the whole thing was great :D:D:D

Love Kilty xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[/size][/color][/font]

ok, now that was nice for you, you spoke to billy and had a nice cosy one to one chat and a picture and a personalization. it was the first time i ever met billy, i was with 5 friends with billy and we never took a photo, and he insisted on the personalization, and as soon as we tryed to speak, you started to tell us to move along and once you get your autograph please leave. so thats paying a £10 entry and a £15 fo the auto, for 25 secs with billy which if you blinked, you would miss half your time with him. he was a lovely man, and it wasn't him in control of the "no photos whatsoeva " so it werent that bad. and yeah its your job, but you was pretty sharp. :rolleyes:

Yeah I for one agree with what Ben said! [DELETED BY MODERATOR]could have been a bit more understanding when my friends and I went up with something we all wanted to give Billy as a gift from our group! It was a bit RUDE of you to keep pushing us along when you know that if places were switched you would have wanted to do the same! Later I was in another que (Thomas Robbins) and saw you with Billy and NO ONE was hurring you along!!! So remember that next time!!! I am not trying to be a bi*** here, but it just wasn't rite. Nor is it fair! If you are going to have a job at an event don't go all powertrippin on everyone if you aren't going to go by what you say are the rules yourself!!!

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED BY A MODERATOR. PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK TO FIND OUT WHY.

COMMENTS DIRECTED AT OUR CREW

Edited by billy_bob

I had a pic of me meeting Billy taken but not posing, I was told that I was allowed to do that! So it's basically (haven't seen it yet tho!) us talking but not posing, so it wasn't costing anyones time at all and I still got a pic!

Thanks for allowing me this!

Me. Sblomie. :wub:

[/size][/color][/font]

ok, now that was nice for you, you spoke to billy and had a nice cosy one to one chat and a picture and a personalization. it was the first time i ever met billy, i was with 5 friends with billy and we never took a photo, and he insisted on the personalization, and as soon as we tryed to speak, you started to tell us to move along and once you get your autograph please leave. so thats paying a £10 entry and a £15 fo the auto, for 25 secs with billy which if you blinked, you would miss half your time with him. he was a lovely man, and it wasn't him in control of the "no photos whatsoeva " so it werent that bad. and yeah its your job, but you was pretty sharp. :lol:

Yeah I for one agree with what Ben said! [DELETED BY A MODERATOR] could have been a bit more understanding when my friends and I went up with something we all wanted to give Billy as a gift from our group! It was a bit RUDE of you to keep pushing us along when you know that if places were switched you would have wanted to do the same! Later I was in another que (Thomas Robbins) and saw you with Billy and NO ONE was hurring you along!!! So remember that next time!!! I am not trying to be a bi*** here, but it just wasn't rite. Nor is it fair! If you are going to have a job at an event don't go all powertrippin on everyone if you aren't going to go by what you say are the rules yourself!!!

ditto ditto and ditto!!!!

Ok, So i met Billy @ C3, and so i spent a lot of time with him....

But i didnt speak to him at all this time and my younger sister was really upset.... i forfieted my time for her.... because i was being shouted at!!!

There was a group of about 8 of us... and we had an award to present... going in one by one made it longer...

when we saw the others... we went up together sure it took longer than it would for one person but there was 8 of us.. if you think about it you cut your nose off to spite your face!

I understand poor Billy was tired, bless him he flew in for us but you shouting over us when we were trying to talk to him and cheer him up really P***ed me off! As a result i didnt have the experience i wanted with Billy...... i'm glad you weren't working with Sala RP cause i would have had to cause a war!!

I do hope you work on your manners next time and think about what you say..... we had only just got up to him when you started shouting, and you wouldnt let us see him as a group which caused a lot of heart ache....

EVERYONE SHOULD BE AWARE....

JUST SEAN COME AS A GROUP!!!!! we are a fellowship and we are DAMN proud of the fact that SM brought us together.... dont for godsakes rip us apart as well!!

Respect

Andrea x

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED BY A MODERATOR. PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK TO FIND OUT WHY.

COMMENTS DIRECTED AT OUR CREW

Edited by billy_bob

Hey Little Miss Brandybuck, I'm sorry but I don't know what Billy thought of his presents! Once I finished working with him that day, I didn't see him again until the next day when I queued to get his autograph. I do remember you though! After waiting for 3 hours for fans to arrive and meet him, you were my saviour!

From what I've heard, Billy is particularly precious about his gifts. So I'm certain he will have your present with him!

I'm sorry you didn't get to see his reaction, due to the lack of time. But you yourself know that Billy is fantastic and no doubt loves your present to him! :)

Take care

Taz xx

P.S Hey Troy! Yes, no doubt you will see me in the bar at C5, I do believe I owe you a drink! B)

Hey Gandalfia, thankyou for replying, I hoped Billy would have liked his presents and hope he wouldnt be offended by my drawing of Pippin (as I thought Billy was the most difficult to draw!!) :lol:

Yeah I remember you sitting there alone for 3 hours-you looked so bored, I was standing at the front of the queue and I would not budge!! When Billy arrived I thought everyone would cheer- or at least give some sort of reaction but I was the only one that made a sound-- so you may remember that!! oops, I always manage to make myself look silly at things like this!! Oh well its all part of the fun!! ;)

Can I just say, for the record I personally thought Billy was fantastic-- for me he exceeded all expectations and was the highlight of my weekend. He's such a sweetheart. Love him to bits :P

I only went to one of the talks (Sat talk 1). When I bought the tickets I was hoping Billy would be at my talk, but I wasn't dissapointed at all with the guests. It was excellent; everybody contributed to all the questions and it was very lively and exciting the whole time. Raised seating would have been nice though.

Love Jen xxx

This was the first time ive been to anything like this so i didnt really no how it worked, me and my pal got there quite late after all the tickets were gone so we were quite disappointed. but we hung around to the end and even though we didn't have a ticket we managed to get billy's autograph and were allowed to take pictures. For some reason they didn't seem to mind later on.

i also tried to get Andy's but they shut the line right in front of me which was quite annoying. ;)

I'd just like to say, none of us are finger pointing.... In fact if we named names i'm very sorry!!....

I have e-mailed the SM team and i hope it is reckognised that we have the utmost respect but were treated with contempt and malice!

please acccept my apology if i have upset anyone but somethings (the truth) need to be said!

respect

andrea x

ditto ditto and ditto!!!!

Ok, So i met Billy @ C3, and so i spent a lot of time with him....

But i didnt speak to him at all this time and my younger sister was really upset....  i forfieted my time for her....  because i was being shouted at!!!

There was a group of about 8 of us...  and we had an award to present...  going in one by one made it longer...

when we saw the others...  we went up together sure it took longer than it would for one person but there was 8 of us..  if you think about it you cut your nose off to spite your face! 

I understand poor Billy was tired, bless him he flew in for us but you shouting over us when we were trying to talk to him and cheer him up really P***ed me off!  As a result i didnt have the experience i wanted with Billy......  i'm glad you weren't working with Sala RP cause i would have had to cause a war!!

I do hope you work on your manners next time and think about what you say.....  we had only just got up to him when you started

EVERYONE SHOULD BE AWARE....

JUST SEAN  COME AS A GROUP!!!!!  we are a fellowship and we are DAMN proud of the fact that SM brought us together....  dont for godsakes rip us apart as well!!

Respect

Andrea x

awwww andrea! that was so sweet of you to say that!

i totally agree though. people should take us for who we are! and who are we??? just sean! thats who!

you know... after every event there are so many complaints. im not going to make any this time because i dont see the point. nothing can change now. it would be nice if people could learn from there mistakes though!

the only thing i am going to comment on is talk 2 on sunday afternoon. it was very uncomfortable for a number of reasons... most of which have already been mentioned... so i wont repeat my self..... but it was the worst talk i have ever attended!

I am sorry that some of you felt your meetings with Billy and the others wasn't what you wanted.

I had the most amazing time with Billy, and everyone. He was the perfect gentleman, and he was just lovely. I had queued from around 5am every morning and wasn't disappointed. He was jet-lagged, which I know isn't anyones fault. But he flew from L.A to be there just for us and it was very sweet of him.

There were a few crew members that annoyed me, and I realise it's not fair to name names. But what I can't understand, is that you started off going to these cons in the same position as us, if anyone should understand how much it means to us, its you. I don't understand what you get out of crushing moments in a persons life that mean the world to them. I do understand that its your job and you have to make sure everyone gets through, but there is no need for rudeness and down right ignorance. I'm glad certain people weren't on the same jobs both days as I may have gone mad.

SMS this is nothing on you, as you have done an amazing job in getting this whole thing off the ground. And the majority of crew members were great. It's just there was a few who got to people.

luv me x x x

When Billy arrived I thought everyone would cheer- or at least give some sort of reaction but I was the only one that made a sound-- so you may remember that!! oops, I always manage to make myself look silly at things like this!! Oh well its all part of the fun!!  :lol:

I would have cheered, but I have to admit to being a bit in awe of him for the first 10 minutes! Then I spent the next 6 hours ignoring him because I had to work and concentrate on things other than him! lol Shocking.

You were right to cheer! More people should have! I wanted hysteria! hehe

And you're right. Billy was lovely and sweet. He really wanted to be there, but there is a lot of pressure on guests when it comes to living up to their fans expectations. Billy is fantastic. :huh:

Taz xx

Edited by Gandalfia