Billy Boyd,

Hey Jen i went to Talk 2, it was good n i wasnt disapointed but ur talk seemed more exciting

Hey Embo, tell me more about talk 2, ive heard nothing about it.

Love Jen xxx :blush:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Billy arrived I thought everyone would cheer- or at least give some sort of reaction but I was the only one that made a sound-- so you may remember that!! oops, I always manage to make myself look silly at things like this!! Oh well its all part of the fun!!   :blush:

I would have cheered, but I have to admit to being a bit in awe of him for the first 10 minutes! Then I spent the next 6 hours ignoring him because I had to work and concentrate on things other than him! lol Shocking.

You were right to cheer! More people should have! I wanted hysteria! hehe

And you're right. Billy was lovely and sweet. He really wanted to be there, but there is a lot of pressure on guests when it comes to living up to their fans expectations. Billy is fantastic. ;)

Taz xx

I thought I was right to cheer, I was worried of sounding like a little school girl completely star struck--which I prob. did but Oh well, I enjoyed myself!!! :uhoh: And Billy deserved like you said "hysteria!" I think everyone was just speechless as he is soooo gorgeous! :angry: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by **Little Miss Brandybuck**

Im sorry to hear some ppl didnt have a good time with Billy. We just tried to make the best of it and we did. Billy was as always a star.he is always such a great guy and always makes time for his fans . God I love that guy .

our group with Billy

1_Comic%20con%202004%20006.jpg

Luv Kelle

my billy message board

Edited by kelle77

He sounds like a [DELETED BY MODERATOR]. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. [DELETED BY MODERATOR].  :blush:

(I know I'm abit late replying to this post, but I read it yesterday and assumed someone would have already replied. They hadn't and so here I am!)

Did you actually meet Billy? You sound as thought you haven't. If this is the case, you have no right to judge him as a 'primadonna', which he certainly is not. Billy had a bad day. So what. He's human. First class makes little if any difference to the way you fly so thats no reason to be nasty about someone you've not even met. True, Billy wasn't his usual self, but he came straight from the airport to see as many fans as possible. He tried to please everyone and be happy with them but obviously as the day went exhaustion overtook his happy side.

And what someone said about Billy not enjoying himself... he must enjoy himself to have done so many cons and such. I mean I'm aware that money will have something to do with it, but if he really didn't like them he simply wouldnt do them.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have the greatest Billy experience either, but that wasn't down to Billy. And it's not going to change anything to get mad at him for feeling tired after a 12 hour flight! I think he's entitled. Would you rather he didn't sign at all that day? And in the process disappointed more fans that could only come Saturday. Or how about he had a rest at his hotel first? So that when he did arrive things would ahve been even more rushed? Will that do you?

Edited by billy_bob

sorry but I think Billy was great for turning up and pleasing fans after a long flight. Ok he didnt have time to get pictures with ppl but he still made time for ppl.

but im probably biased cause the guy can do no wrong to me :P

Luv kelle

He sounds like a [DELETED BY MODERATOR]. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. [DELETED BY MODERATOR]  :P

(I know I'm abit late replying to this post, but I read it yesterday and assumed someone would have already replied. They hadn't and so here I am!)

Did you actually meet Billy? You sound as thought you haven't. If this is the case, you have no right to judge him as a 'primadonna', which he certainly is not. Billy had a bad day. So what. He's human. First class makes little if any difference to the way you fly so thats no reason to be nasty about someone you've not even met. True, Billy wasn't his usual self, but he came straight from the airport to see as many fans as possible. He tried to please everyone and be happy with them but obviously as the day went exhaustion overtook his happy side.

And what someone said about Billy not enjoying himself... he must enjoy himself to have done so many cons and such. I mean I'm aware that money will have something to do with it, but if he really didn't like them he simply wouldnt do them.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have the greatest Billy experience either, but that wasn't down to Billy. And it's not going to change anything to get mad at him for feeling tired after a 12 hour flight! I think he's entitled. Would you rather he didn't sign at all that day? And in the process disappointed more fans that could only come Saturday. Or how about he had a rest at his hotel first? So that when he did arrive things would ahve been even more rushed? Will that do you?

I totally agree with sleepingdragons the quote about Billy being called a [DELETED BY MODERATOR] really got to me and I didnt see as there was any need for it. I think if people havent actually met Billy they cant really judge him like that, its just being mean, and considering Billy seems like such a lovely person he does not deserve that.

Edited by billy_bob

I agree, nobody deserves to be called names or put up with insults from people. These guests don't have to do conventions and most people will know that the main reason Billy was aggitated was because he had to let down so many of his fans. He wasn't supposed to be signing till 4 on the Sunday either, he was supposed to have a break, but continued to get through as many fans as possible.

Love Jen xx

Feel really sad reading all these posts from unhappy people, especially after hearing from one of the crew. I thought the crew where all brilliant and maybe i was just lucky but they were all really nice and friendly 2 me and my mates. I was the bare footed hobbit and lots of the crew talked to me about this and said they thought it was great that i was prepared to do that. All the stars I met were wonderful too, as I've said before Billy was really friendly and chatty. I didn't go to the talk on Sunday so I can't comment on that but just put yourself in their position. Yes, i know they were being paid but there are lots of actors that wouldn't even consider turning up at a convention and smiling and being nice to about 700 people!! I wouldn't have been able to do it no matter how much you paid me. I just feel really lucky that in a year I've been able to meet so many of my favourite actors and I just thank all of them as well as Showmasters for making my year.

Ok, I'll stop gushing now. Sorry to those who feel disappointed. I just hope you have a better time at the next convention.

Feel really sad reading all these posts from unhappy people, especially after hearing from one of the crew. I thought the crew where all brilliant and maybe i was just lucky but they were all really nice and friendly 2 me and my mates. I was the bare footed hobbit and lots of the crew talked to me about this and said they thought it was great that i was prepared to do that. All the stars I met were wonderful too, as I've said before Billy was really friendly and chatty. I didn't go to the talk on Sunday so I can't comment on that but just put yourself in their position. Yes, i know they were being paid but there are lots of actors that wouldn't even consider turning up at a convention and smiling and being nice to about 700 people!! I wouldn't have been able to do it no matter how much you paid me. I just feel really lucky that in a year I've been able to meet so many of my favourite actors and I just thank all of them as well as Showmasters for making my year.

Ok, I'll stop gushing now. Sorry to those who feel disappointed. I just hope you have a better time at the next convention.

i agree..... my post wasnt about Billy he was great, in fact trying to get us all sorted... it was people shouting over us when we were being as quick as possible that upset me!

Billy is always wonderful and i didnt read that post if i did you would have had trouble hit man whoever you are!

nobody should degrade someone because thier experience wasnt what they hoped for....

i go into this eyes open with no expectations, anything else i get is a bonus.... i was preparing not to meet him because lots of people didnt go to C3!

if i hear anything bad said about him or any of them for that matter...speak to me! I certainly wont let it drop till you feel so tiny and insignificant and idiots as you are!!

I'm very protective of people i love and care about Billy happens to be one of them!!

So whatcha going to do about it??? huh huh???

:yoda::angry:

Andrea xx

Right. Seeing as I'm being attacked here I feel I must defend myself. I greatly apologize to all those who I rushed through the queue and those to whom I was rude to (not intentionally). I was told specifically by John and other pit bosses to move along the crowd as quickly as possible, and to be forceful if needed. This was definitely not one of the highlights of my weekend. I DO know what it's like to be rushed through a queue and not have the opportunity to spend the time I want with a guest, and it's not the best feeling in the world. I was just sort of put into that position, having no idea what it was going to be like, only knowing there were about 800 hundred people trying to see Billy. I know you can trust that I won't be working another queue like the one I worked this weekend.

I think all the attacks on me as a person are quite unfair because none of you know what I'm really like. I was extremely hurt by some of the comments and I know you are upset, believe me I know, but some of what was said was completely unfair.

I was there as a fan as well. I queue up and waited to see Billy too, I know I did take up a bit of time and I know that must seem contradictory to what I was trying to do on Saturday. Before I came to London, I had many people from the states ask me to give Billy some gifts and tell him some stuff. I knew that I would not have much time will Billy, but I offered to do so anywayz. One of the gifts was a letter (which I will not state the contents) I thought Billy would really appreciate...so I told the girl who wrote the letter that I would try and get it to Billy, I did manage it. I'm not trying to justify my actions in any way; I'm merely trying to allow you all to understand where I'm coming from. I hope that these attacks will stop, or you can at least come to me and discuss them with me in private instead of posting them on a public forum.

I understand that not everyone had a good time and I apologize for that. Whether you accept my apology is your choice.

Cheers!

Hey Jen i went to Talk 2, it was good n i wasnt disapointed but ur talk seemed more exciting

Hey Embo, tell me more about talk 2, ive heard nothing about it.

Love Jen xxx :yoda:

Hey Jen :D

Erm well they just answer questions really. bob seemed like he was losin his mind he started talkin bout young actors commitin suicide.

Billy was funny, he told us some funny stories made a few rude comments which made every1 laugh.

n Sala was great to, he was sayin things to andy down the mike, did u hear him?

Wot happened in talk 1?

Hi all

I went to the event on Sunday and yes by the time I got to meet Billy they had said no Photos and personalised autographs. I think it was to get the most people through as possible

When it was my turn, Billy was lovely and I asked for a photo and I got one!!!!

He was a complete sweet heart

I am sorry people had bad expereinces but I don't think it was the actors faults at all

Lisa

Well me and my mate had a fantastic time over the weekend and as for Billy being uninterested in what people had to say.....that's rubbish i'm sorry.

He was a complete sweetheart to me and my mate on saturday and sunday, he did look shattered from his flight but he still made time for his fans :rolleyes:

Gandalfia and Troy........

I think you done a great job as far as i'm concerned and we totally respected the wishes of no photos on the saturday even though we were disappointed I must admit but at least we still got to see Billy :D .

You might remember me and my mate Gandalfia, we gave Billy a Appreciation Book on the saturday which he was well chuffed with and i'm glad he finally got it.

You were brilliant with us on the sunday too Gandalfia when I asked Billy for the hug LOL, i'm sorry but I had to ask him and i'm glad I did, even slipped a kiss on his cheek too which might of surprised him LOL.

I've met Billy about 4 times now and he is the sweetest man you could meet (apart from Dominic :D ) but we had so much fun over that weekend talking to John and Sala too.....the LOTR cast are wonderful people as far as i'm concerned.

This was my 1st convention and I loved it, I was laughing so much when talking to Sala especially....he is a lovely loon !!!! LOL

Keep bringing them to the Conventions when you can SM !!!! :D

Amanda xxx

...And from the guest point of view I know that it can get troublesome if flash bulbs are going off in their faces for 8 hours a day. Its possible that some actors asked for no photos to prevent headaches from developing as a result of the flashes.

solved that by turning the flash off on my digi cam :P then didn't feel so bad taking pics of the stars hehe :borg::D xx

Well I got to see Billy right at the end on saturday and the poor guy looked exhausted... I guess I kinda felt a bit upset I couldn't interact with him but then as I left he gave me the most adorable genuine smile ever. That made my day!

Remember he's only human and I doubt you could do as well as he could.

Ptenbob.. Troy! you were polite and asked people nicely. If it hadn't been for you half the people wouldn't have met him at all, me included. You did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here here! also met him last minute - jumped right in that queue as soon as they said "no ticket needed" :yoda:

troy (other wise introduced as "guy with creeping skeleton on the forum") you were indeed THE MAN! it was lovely to meet you and I completely agree with Lady E! THANKYOU!!! and thanks for the hug I imposed on you on the sunday :lol:

surfy_sah (you prob don't member me but that's cwl!!!) xx

He sounds like a [DELETED BY MODERATOR]. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. [DELETED BY MODERATOR].  :yoda:

How dare you say that !!! :lol:

Not everyone can sleep with comfort on a long distance flight and at least Billy still made a appearance for everyone.

I personally wouldn't like to have untold pics taken of me if I was jet lagged from a flight...ever heard of the word "RESPECT" !!!!!!!!

He did have some pics taken by what i've read of the posts about saturday and well done to the fans that got them. :lol:

Billy is not at all a "[DELETED BY MODERATOR]" as you put it......he loves his fans and does make time for them as i've seen in the past plus he's not a "Primadonna" as you have stated.

He is a very genuine man who is human after all like the rest of us.

I've met him 4 times now and he's ALWAYS been a absolute babe to me and the fans.

In future, please get your facts right before you even start to slate anyone on this board especially if you haven't met them !!!!!!!

Ok, said my piece........sorry for the rant but that comment really annoyed me.

Amanda xxxx

Edited by billy_bob

I met Billy on sat and i agree he didn't seem *that* pleased to be there and they said no photos...but i went back with my friend the next day and got a hug and pic with him...I just thought f**k it i'm gonna ask at worst all he can say is no, his minder (not Troy) was a bit rude but hey Billy was happy to pose with me.

Go with the moto....If you don't ask, you don't get

hello!!!!!!!!!! :) xx