Billy Boyd,

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surfy Sah...fancy a chat on MSN ??? ;)

Amanda xxx

I don't have msn at the mo as I'm using the lib computers in uni! I have hotmail thought so feel free to email me at Surfy_Sah@hotmail.com!

it's really nice to get messages address to me on a forum - I have sat here for about 3hours trying to read all these messages and take it all in and it's so nice to know that some people pay attention!

thankyou!!

:D xx

this might sound really stupid and prob has something to do with Billy's very important and busy schedule and poss at the cost of the hotel for an extra night (which is probably nothing compared to how much money you guys took this weekend! :D) anyways my question:

why didn't Billy just have a flight on FRIDAY so he would have been in the UK refreshed, slepted and ready to go for Saturday??

please don't everyone reply and agree with my first line that it WAS something to do with his schedule, just thought I'd post it having read all **8** pages and having not seen this mentioned yet, only the fact he was jet lagged, duh!!! poor darling! [hug] and I did!!!! :P:wub::rolleyes::wub:

he was LOVELY to meet, it is an experience I will truely treasure for a very long time, THANKYOU BILLY!!! :wub:

Luv Sah xx

He sounds like a [DELETED BY MODEARTOR]. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. [DELETED BY MODERATOR].  :wub:

as for this post - how come this has been allowed? this post can easilly be affensive (yes soz I can't spell) and alot of people have already posted a reply to it (read to see their reactions).

I notice some posts edited by the moderater (here here if they are unsuitable!!) so why has this one been allowed??!?!?! :P:wub::rolleyes:

just wandering!!!

(please notice I am NOT attacking in any way the AUTHER of the post - just the CONTENTS - yes there is a DIFFERENCE!)

surfy sah xx

Edited by billy_bob

He was getting paid y'know. These "stars" don't know they're born. Who is/was Billy Boyd without Lord of the Rings - nothing. He'll miss this adulation when he's appearing on "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" in 2010.

I know many fans of his on here are probably women who fancy him, so what I've said will upset them no doubt. Sorry 'bout that. But I'm sick of all this celebrity worship that goes on these days.

Sorry, but it had to be said.

last thing - sorry!!

when referring to "John" PLEASE make it clear which John!!!

I thought you meant JRD then I got the impression it was John Noble then low and behold, there was apparently a pit boss called john too! woah!!!

xx

You might remember me and my mate Gandalfia, we gave Billy a Appreciation Book on the saturday which he was well chuffed with and i'm glad he finally got it.

Hi Amanda!

Did you give Billy the book with clippings including ones from the Oscars? The Fellowship book? Sorry if I'm thinking of someone else! If that wasn't you then yes I do remember the other book he got and then yes, I remember you either way! I hope that made sense!

I'm afraid I have to disagree, Billy is much sweeter than Dom! :help:

Taz xx

Hi Amanda!

Did you give Billy the book with clippings including ones from the Oscars? The Fellowship book? Sorry if I'm thinking of someone else! If that wasn't you then yes I do remember the other book he got and then yes, I remember you either way! I hope that made sense!

I'm afraid I have to disagree, Billy is much sweeter than Dom! ;)

Taz xx

Hiya there Gandalfia :D

Yeah it was me and my friend that gave Billy the book with pics of him at the Oscars and fans letters.....I hope he found time to look at it.

It had messages from fans from the USA too in it so they're well pleased that he got it :D .

LOL @ Dom comment........I do think Billy's lovely but i've always been one for Dom i'm afraid but it's getting harder to choose at times LOL. :P

How are you anyways ???

Glad you had fun over the weekend too Gandalfia :rolleyes:

Amanda xxx

it is my understanding that when it says "no photos" it means WITH the star and not of them!!! xx

Not in this case, we were there when it was first announced (within the 1st hundred tickets - so in this case getting there early didn't really help). Anyway we clarifified it with Houdinia (thanks for not getting snarky with us by the way), we thought as there was 2 of us one could take a photo (not with but of Billy) while he was signing the others and vise versa. We were told that no photos at all were allowed as they would encourage other people to ask for posed photos and slow the queue down. We were disappointed as I've been an avid photographer for 7 years and taking the photos rather than gettitng the autographs is more important to me. But I appreciated the meeting and had a good time - so I guess you can't win them all.

Lorannah

He was getting paid y'know. These "stars" don't know they're born. Who is/was Billy Boyd without Lord of the Rings - nothing. He'll miss this adulation when he's appearing on "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" in 2010.

I know many fans of his on here are probably women who fancy him, so what I've said will upset them no doubt. Sorry 'bout that. But I'm sick of all this celebrity worship that goes on these days.

Sorry, but it had to be said.

Erm How out of order. I have met Billy few times and he has always made time for his fans and always been nice, as he was at weekend.

I do not just " fancy " him I actually respect him and think he is a great actor

Neways

I gave Billy a message book too, I hope he gets time to read it

Luv Kelle

I can't believe people are dissing Billy. Ive had the chance to meet Billy countless times over the last year and he out of most the guys is one of the most down to earth. He is so lovely and kind, i do believe he was tired cuz I noticed he wasn't his usual self. As for getting a flight on friday, maybe he had work to do in the states. Shouldn't we be gratful he was gonna fly here and then sign 2 days. After all he never knew his flight was gonna be delayed.

give the man a break, it wasn't him that said no photo's it was showmasters. And this was done so more people cud see him.

I can't believe people are dissing Billy. Ive had the chance to meet Billy countless times over the last year and he out of most the guys is one of the most down to earth. He is so lovely and kind, i do believe he was tired cuz I noticed he wasn't his usual self. As for getting a flight on friday, maybe he had work to do in the states. Shouldn't we be gratful he was gonna fly here and then sign 2 days. After all he never knew his flight was gonna be delayed.

give the man a break, it wasn't him that said no photo's it was showmasters. And this was done so more people cud see him.

Hear hear Katie !!!

Well said mate :lol:

Amanda xx

well said Katie

Luv Kelle

" [DELETED BY MODERATOR] "Your the only [DELETED BY MODERATOR] around here mate. May I just say that Billy had to fly in THAT MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! How would you like to come off a plane and be confronted with a couple of hunderd people all wanting a piece of you......have a bit of f....Ing respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You have to understand that everyone can't be happy 24/7. The poor bugger was soo tried you could see it in his face. As for him being not interested with his fans.............What A LOAD OF RUBBISH..........I met billy a few times now. Never have I known him be rude or not give a s***. I think the people you need to be pissed with are the organisors of the event. Telling a load of bulls*** lies just to get their money. Why lie to people. It would be better to say....." hey sorry, we haven't made enough money today. we need to rush people through to make more....please no photos" These reguests where not made my the guests but by the organisors. It happened to me at C4 with Elijah....NO Photos. SM I had a great time and will be going to C5 but please make these reguests known to people so they prepared for what might happen. THIS IS NOT A JIBE.......ONLY TO THAT [DELETED BY MODERATOR]

Edited by billy_bob

I think the people you need to be pissed with are the organisors of the event. Telling a load of bulls*** lies just to get their money. Why lie to people. It would be better to say....." hey sorry, we haven't made enough money today. we need to rush people through to make more....please no photos"

well bloody said.

It upsets me ppl being nasty to Billy. esp ppl who aint met him so cant comment on what he is like.

luv kelle

If people had read right from the begining i did say that SM were wrong to give out so many tickets for Billy when they knew he was going to be late [700+]

Bit much really, Still when i met him he was nice and answered a couple of questions. Luckily i had met him at Expo and managed to get round to him twice in one day and have photo's done both times. A lovely lovely man. :lol:

I think the people you need to be pissed with are the organisors of the event. Telling a load of bulls*** lies just to get their money. Why lie to people. It would be better to say....." hey sorry, we haven't made enough money today. we need to rush people through to make more....please no photos" These reguests where not made my the guests but by the organisors.

I'm afraid to say that's the impression they gave.

I do have to agree with you there Bex.

Amanda xxx

I don't think its just a case of the organisers saying "we haven't made enough money today" I think they genuinely want as many people as possible to get the chance to meet the stars - otherwise they could just bring the guest in to do a closed signing session for dealers who would always pay more than the fans and then re-sell them at great profit for themselves! If it was just about the money, there are easier ways to make it.

The reason for rushing fans through is simple - it means more happy fans rather than more pissed off fans who didn't meet their idol. They actually care that fans get to meet these people. But as an organiser of events myself I know its not about the money. If it was they wouldn't go to so much effort. There have been numerous attempts to stage events JUST to cash in on fans and at fans' expense. Just watch Watchdog they are full of them!

The guys at Showasters are fans at heart themselves, who want to stage a class act and its not easy because you can't please all the people all of the time. They did a really good job on the whole and they are still looking at ways to improve the fans' experience. Just bear with them.