Billy Boyd,

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one else a bit miffed about the picture ban on Billy. 

Hope fans today get a better deal!  :lol:

I have to make a big confession here - even though I was told no photos yesterday I asked Billy and he said 'Yes, why not' So I very quickly took one of him and my daughter :( Sorry to the Crew member there, I know it was very naughty of me and if it's any consolation my daughter's pulling a very strange face on it! :o:huh:

Hiya

i have come onto the forum today to complain about this exact issue. To me the autograph is the least important part of the experience, its meeting the stars and also getting some great pictures of them.

Okay, i understand that having pictures with them takes up alot of time and can completely understand the ban on this BUT its the stupidest thing I have ever heard to completely ban pictures.

I could have got some fantastic pictures of Billy while i was waiting in the queue doing nothing, the fact that I was banned from doing it REALLY upset me and I just wanted to go home! It doesn't hold the queue up! I was just standing there!

ALSO if Billy didn't wanna be there, then he shouldn't have been there> DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LOVE BILLY AND THIS ISN'T A SWIPE AT HIM. but after being upset by the stupid no pictures ban, I finally met Billy Boyd. I got up at 6.45am that morning, trekked to London (even though I was a bit scared) with my mate, then I got there at 9.30am, managed to get my hands on the sacred billy ticket (516), and then had to trek two bloody miles for a cash point (NEC much better)

AND THEN

Billy couldn't have been less interested in what I had to say to him. I was so so so excited about meeting him and had loads to say and he was friendly enough but he just didn't seem interested in what I had to say. You could just tell he wanted to be ANY where but meeting us fans. It was probably jet lag but then he shouldn't have been there. I was knackered too. I sat around for five hours waiting to meet him.

I did sneak a hug though, that he didn;t look very pleased about either.

So OVERALL i was a bit upset about the billy boyd experience. To me the pictures are the most exciting part of my day. I didn't get to pose with dom or elijah either and the fact that I had photos of them, that I had taken while doing NOTHING in the queue is the thing I am still most excited about. They are the things that are all over my wall, that I show people when they ask me what meeting elijah and dom was like. I did manage to sneak a few pictures of billy while i was in the andy serkis queue, but I felt like satan.

But the fact that I felt like i was bothering him when i met him also upset me.

Now please don't take this as a swipe at billy but I just hope I get to meet Billy again when he actually wants to be there and there is NO stupid picture ban.

Luckily Andy Serkis and John Rhys Davies was great. So they made my day worth while.

BUT still very upset about picture ban. Its the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I didnt know there was a picture ban on Billy, only thought Brent and Levar had the no photos notices up but I asked a member of staff and they said it didnt effect taking pictures of the guest signing or while in the queue, just photos where the guest would have to poose were banned as they took up time, did you not get any at all?

Also, have to say that the topic of taking photos has been mentioned before and photos are never certain, only the autograph is so only ever go expecting to get the autograph and if you get a photo with the guest think of it as a plus.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Well Troy (I'm sorry mate, i love you!) was standing in front of Billy when the person in fron of me went to meet him and he said he had been told to let NO pictures be taken, I argued with him for ages but he wasn't allowed to let me, so I was very upset! I'm sure my arguing held up the queue more than taking pictures could!

I did get some, but I felt so BAD taking them, I took them when i was in Andy's queue, but they wouldn't have been as good as the ones I could have got of billy when he was meeting the people in front of me in the queue. I would like to know, this is not guna happen at collectormania is it?

Colonel... that really cheeses me off now...

I was told by a member of the crew that the picture ban on Levar was at Levar's request.. That he was aggrophobic and simply didn't like it.. even photos taken from the queue..

Naturally I respected his wishes.. but it seemed now that I was blatantly LIED to by a member of staff..

SHOWMASTERS: YOU REALLY MUST SORT YOUR STAFF OUT.. THIS TIME THERE WAS VERY LITTLE RUDENESS WHICH I AM THANKFULL FOR... BUT WE ATTEND THESE EVENTS AND SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE.. A PHOTO OF LEVAR EVEN TAKEN FROM THE QUEUE WOULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING TREASURED.. BUT IT SEEMS THAT I HAVE BEEN PENALISED BY DOING THE RIGHT THING AND BELIEVING A BLATANT LIE BY A MEMBER OF YOUR STAFF.. THIS IS NOT ON!!!!

THIS SORT OF BEHAVIOUR DOES NOTHING TO ENCOURAGE THE PUBLIC TO ABIDE BY THE RULES...

YOu know yourself that it was a terrific job in getting Brent & Levar in the first place and I know as well as you that it is an opportunity that is not likely to be repeated.. Therefore I have lost out..

Taking a photograph whilst in the queue DOES NOT hold up the process and most people have the equipment to get a decent result.

Poppy,

I wasn't as upset about getting photos of Billy (although it would have been nice), but i also felt a bit awkard asking him some questions as he seemed really preoccupied. At the time i thought 'Oh well he's knackered and not quite with it' but i felt that he just didn't really want to speak to me. I'm glad that it wasn't just me that experienced this and like you said it's not 'picking on Billy' but..... :(

Andy Serkis more than made up for it though. He was really friendly and made every effort to chat to myself and my daughter. :o

I dont know if that is true or not but I read the notice and it said photos were not being allowed so that as many fans as possible could meet them, nothing else, and one of the stewarts told me to get a photo while in the queue but Brent sure had no problem having photos taken, actually saw him posing for a few and I took one as I walked away and after he gave me a naughty look but smiled and when I took my 2 pictures of Levar neither he or the stewart said anything.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

You should have just taken a photo - what are they gonna do do, take your camera away and/or destroy your memory card or film ??!! I don't think so - if they did I would sue their ass.

You should have had a little bit more balls and just done it, not living to regret it which is what you're doing now. Seize the moment, you don't get nothing at these shows by being shy or polite, just go for it !!!

I'm fed up with the "stars" at these shows and the security jobbers thinking they are the dogs nuts.

You should have just taken a photo - what are they gonna do do, take your camera away and/or destroy your memory card or film ??!! I don't think so - if they did I would sue their ass.

You should have had a little bit more balls and just done it, not living to regret it which is what you're doing now. Seize the moment, you don't get nothing at these shows by being shy or polite, just go for it !!!

I'm fed up with the "stars" at these shows and the security jobbers thinking they are the dogs nuts.

What if the crew member was telling the truth.. That Levar was aggrophobic and that Levar had REALLY insisted on the no photos rule???

It is not my style to disobey a reasonable rule and I certainly didn't want to be the cause of the possibility of Levar calling it a day.. (which an aggrophobic may well have done) we all know that Levar attending such a thing is a rarity, so naturally enough, I took the crewmember at his word..

The point of my post is that I was LIED to by a member of staff which was unnecessary and unprofessional..

I was lucky, sat in the front row at the talks with Billy. So got about 30 piccies, whoops.

Great talk, though not being funny, but Bob Anderson seems to be losing his marbles.

Great, great, great day. Thankyou soooo much for everyone who made it happen. xx

Yeh i understand what u are saying but the showmaster worker that was doing the billy queue was a really good mate of mine and i didn't wanna get him into any trouble. Believe me if he wasn't my mate, i would have done it nonetheless but because it was someone I care about, i didn;t wanna get him into trouble!

Poppy,

I wasn't as upset about getting photos of Billy (although it would have been nice), but i also felt a bit awkard asking him some questions as he seemed really preoccupied. At the time i thought 'Oh well he's knackered and not quite with it' but i felt that he just didn't really want to speak to me. I'm glad that it wasn't just me that experienced this and like you said it's not 'picking on Billy' but..... :(

Andy Serkis more than made up for it though. He was really friendly and made every effort to chat to myself and my daughter.  :D

yeh i'm glad someone else agrees with me!

Billy just did not wanna be there and i'm really pleased that someone else also understands that I am not getting at billy or anything. Yeah he had no interest in what I was saying and by that time i was mega upset because of the photo ban..................and then I felt like I was bothering him!

Edited by Poppy

I'm glad u are still happy but my point is that maybe he should not have been there that day, I felt like i was bothering him but effectively I spent about 50 quid coming to meet him (with the train fayre and everything) and then I felt guilty coz I was bothering him! I understand that he may well have a great reason to be so tired/un interested and as i keep saying I'm not getting at Billy, but it made me feel bad!

I just hope I get another chance to meet him, when he is less over worked and in better spirits!

Its such a shame things have turned out like this for everyone. I havnt been able to come to LFACC but i met Billy at C3 and he was the opposite of what he seems at LFACC. He was the most charming and loveable guy iv met and seems to love the attention from the fans. We were quite surprized at how long we were able to stand chatting to him. I hope this was just an off day for him then, although he should perhaps put more effort into things when these people are souly there to meet him.

Nicxxx

Like i said i'm not picking on Billy and he looked really tired but it was my first convention and i thought i'd said something wrong to him because he really wasn't happy or 'with it'. It didn't ruin my day though and it was nice to get his autograph. I would like to meet him again and maybe get a different response!

lol.

He sounds like a [DELETED BY MODERATOR]. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. [DELETED BY MODERATOR] :(

THIS POST WAS EDITED MY A MODERATOR. TO FIND OUT WHY CLICK HERE

A FEW RULES

Edited by billy_bob

What if the crew member was telling the truth.. That Levar was aggrophobic and that Levar had REALLY insisted on the no photos rule???

LeVar was at a convention in 2001 in London (he was a last minute replacement and was not signing) and at that show he was involved in photograph sessions! Couple of hundred people lining up just to get photos taken with him, he seemed totally relaxed and enjoying himself. So I find the agoraphobia line hard to believe unless he was just having a good day back then. I also find it hard to believe that a helper would give out such personal information about his medical status rather than say "at mr Burtons request please dont' take any photos"

Ive worked in several autograph lines for varying other companies and so long as pictures are taken from the side with no flashes it usually doesn't cause a problem. The problem comes when fans are trying to juggle money, autograph tickets, photos, plastic sleeves, backpacks and cameras whilst already agitated at meeting the actor and want to take a picture either with them or of them signing the item!

What might seem like a reasonable delay to an attendee in preparing to take a picture CAN prevent people getting an autograph and thats a fact! I know this having witnessed the delays first hand. Another classic example of time wasting is some people actually keep the photo in a sleeve, in a folder in a backpack until they are right up at the guests table!! Nothing gets more infuriating as a helper than people flouting the rules. We get abuse from people that we tell cant take pictures and we get abuse from people at the end of the line because some people took pictures and they didn't get their autographs as a result. Whats that saying: you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please sci-fi fans at a convention?

And from the guest point of view I know that it can get troublesome if flash bulbs are going off in their faces for 8 hours a day. Its possible that some actors asked for no photos to prevent headaches from developing as a result of the flashes.

He sounds like a [DELETED BY MODERATOR]. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. [DELETED BY MODERATOR].  :(

I really really don't want this to turn into a barrage against Billy because I am a huge fan but he wasn't very happy and didn't want to meet us, so he should not have been there.

But please lets not go mad at him!

Edited by billy_bob

When I was next in line to see Billy the crew member spotted the camera and said no pictures. I was with someone and they were'nt getting an autograph. I pleaded my case that I wasn't going to hold up the line and they said well while your seeing Billy if you (the person I was with) take a photo and then leave there's nothing we can do, so that's what we did. I got a really good photo. I found Billy to be quite pleasant although I did'nt have much time with him he asked me how I was and personalised my photo for me. He came across as a really nice guy.

LeVar was at a convention in 2001 in London (he was a last minute replacement and was not signing) and at that show he was involved in photograph sessions! Couple of hundred people lining up just to get photos taken with him, he seemed totally relaxed and enjoying himself. So I find the agoraphobia line hard to believe unless he was just having a good day back then. I also find it hard to believe that a helper would give out such personal information about his medical status rather than say "at mr Burtons request please dont' take any photos"

Ive worked in several autograph lines for varying other companies and so long as pictures are taken from the side with no flashes it usually doesn't cause a problem. The problem comes when fans are trying to juggle money, autograph tickets, photos, plastic sleeves, backpacks and cameras whilst already agitated at meeting the actor and want to take a picture either with them or of them signing the item!

What might seem like a reasonable delay to an attendee in preparing to take a picture CAN prevent people getting an autograph and thats a fact! I know this having witnessed the delays first hand. Another classic example of time wasting is some people actually keep the photo in a sleeve, in a folder in a backpack until they are right up at the guests table!! Nothing gets more infuriating as a helper than people flouting the rules. We get abuse from people that we tell cant take pictures and we get abuse from people at the end of the line because some people took pictures and they didn't get their autographs as a result. Whats that saying: you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please sci-fi fans at a convention?

And from the guest point of view I know that it can get troublesome if flash bulbs are going off in their faces for 8 hours a day. Its possible that some actors asked for no photos to prevent headaches from developing as a result of the flashes.

Yeah I can see ur point but surely one of the main reason people were there was to take photos! If the stars don;t want photos don't go!

Also I was just standing in the queue, camera at the ready and the people in front were meeting him, but I had a good view, so there is absolutely no way that i would have held up the queue.

As I have said, I understand the whole - no photos with the stars thing, but I was just standing doing nothin in the queue!

When I was next in line to see Billy the crew member spotted the camera and said no pictures. I was with someone and they were'nt getting an autograph. I pleaded my case that I wasn't going to hold up the line and they said well while your seeing Billy if you (the person I was with) take a photo and then leave there's nothing we can do, so that's what we did. I got a really good photo. I found Billy to be quite pleasant although I did'nt have much time with him he asked me how I was and personalised my photo for me. He came across as a really nice guy.

BUT STANDING IN A QUEUE, TAKING PICTURES WHEN THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU IS MEETING THEM, DOESN;T TAKE UP ANY TIME. I WAS JUST STANDING THERE!!!