Billy Boyd,

Hmm, guess I'll add my tuppence worth -

Me and my two friends got there around 8.00, queued for two hours (cold!) and got tickets 164, 165, 166 for Billy. And when we went in to meet him I didn't see/hear anything about a picture ban, though maybe I just missed it. So when I got to meet Billy he personalised my autograph without me even having to ask him, and then after I'd said how great it was to meet him, how much I admired him etc., I asked if it would be alright to have a photo with him. And he said 'Yeah, sure, go ahead'. So not sure if that was before the picture ban was introduced, or just Billy being nice :yoda:.

Either way, Billy did seem a bit tired, but definitely not unfriendly or aloof at all. I do feel bad for anyone who didn't have such a good experience though, maybe as the day went on they got more strict about pictures, etc.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skidachu has made some excellent points here... and as for someone saying "they must be used to it" that's just not the case. you NEVER get used to tiredness (if you don't think so, speak to a nurse!) and you NEVER build up a resistance to the effects of flashing lights... i definitely had a headache from the lights.

on saturday everyone with a ticket met billy. as a result of allowing pictures on the sunday morning at least 200 people with tickets never got to meet him and this caused major frustration to both visitors and crew. it was my unpleasant job to explain to these people what had happened which is my role so that's fine. but think about this, do you think anything i had to say was a consolation to the visitors that missed out? some of them were children who had waited all day long. only one person was unreasonable with me about it and everyone else was polite and gracious despite their obvious disappointment.

HOUDINIA

There Would have been more time for people to meet Billy, if time wasters like the 8 people in the q before me, Had not got tickets. Out of those 8 only one paid for an autograph, these same people also did this for Andy, and John.

I did think you was only supposed to get a ticket if you was paying for an autograph. That was the impression I was under???? They then insisted on having their photo's taken, all 8 with different camera's.

So whilst everyone is argueing about having photo's taken, and not getting enough time with actors, maybe those who have bent the rules in this case can take note.

You post 5 whole posts, most of these members have been to all the Showmasters events, and have expected things to be the same. We know Billy was weary after a long flight, and we waited to see him after a big delay.

A lot of us are tooo demanding wanting a photo of the person we have just paid £15 to see for 1 minute, but that is 'cos we are used to getting a photo from previous events.

Don't take it the wrong way, but lighten up. Having read a few of your posts, your gonna end up being more hated than me. LOL.

I have been to 4 showmasters events.

I was crew for this one.

I have worked many conventions and events over the last 4/5 years.

I work in an entertainment venue where complaints and hastles around the same matters like these come up time and time again.

Just because I have a 'newbie' status does not in anyway reflect the knowledge or experience I have, it just means that i have not been using these boards in terms of posting before. I'd be curious to see how you reacted to a more established poster, no doubt a lot nicer and friendlier than you have to me.

And if you're hated, then prahaps that says something about how you post, no?

Actually I am usually a nice. Lovely person, but had enough of all this s**t last night.

You was a bit patronising, not everyone on the forum is stupid, or 16. I to have done big events, and still think that some people get away with more than others. Several forum members annoyed me, by getting in q's without getting an autograph.

Whilst we know Billy got off an aeroplane, we also know he had a few beers. Which is bound to have made him more tired. But that is not our fault. We are still paying customers, and every time we go to an event, the rules get changed.

another good point there about lots of people coming in on the same ticket. the rules of virtual queuing are clearly stated on this forum yet people still insisted on breaking the rules. this is why EVERYONE should take a ticket and you can't take tickets for you and your mate and your mate's sister etc if they're not in the queue. it simply is not fair for people who were not literally in that queue to be able to see the guest early.

HOUDINIA

Edited by houdinia

Well now I'm annoyed! My brother kept complaining about being there for so long (he got Brent's and that was all he wanted) and so we left at about 3.30pm. So another hour and I could have seen Billy?! Dammit! But I have met him twice already....same with Andy - I had ticket 809 for him so we left before that was called.

On the whole pictures front - by going to see Thomas Robins (nicest guy ever - had a little chat and everything), I had a perfect view of Andy and Billy and got pics of them from that line. The Staff lady there was really nice about it as well. So thanks to her. :D And hey - my brother asked for a pic with Brent and he was like - oh go on - quick, so pretty much if you are bad and ask you might get one.

And the times I've met Billy before he's been so so lovely. He must have been insanelt tired. I flew to L.A. last year and when we got there I just slept for like 10 hours.

I met Billy no problem. I stuck to the no photo rule while queuing, even tho the american woman at billys queue was very rude to me when she saw my camera, i had no intention of taking the pic, i just carry it around cos of not having a case for it.

luckily i did manage to get pic with billy, at the forum meet, behind the main signing area, of which will no doubt be posted on here by today.

I met Billy on sat and i agree he didn't seem *that* pleased to be there and they said no photos...but i went back with my friend the next day and got a hug and pic with him...I just thought f**k it i'm gonna ask at worst all he can say is no, his minder (not Troy) was a bit rude but hey Billy was happy to pose with me.

Go with the moto....If you don't ask, you don't get

To the lady (I believe it was, please forgive me if I'm wrong,) that posted and mentioned that I'd said how sorry I was, and that I empathised, I truly did, and I'm glad you could take heart from that.

To everyone I haven't so far mentioned, I'm truly sorry that I had to enforce the rules, but the top and bottom of it is, that you all got to meet Billy, and photo or no, *no-one* can EVER take that moment away from you.

Troy.

The big guy with the beard at the front of Billy's queue.

Exactly.

Thanks again, Troy. And thanks for calling me a lady, bless you! :blush:

Oh, by the way, the chocolate bar out of the back of the pants routine still haunts me! ;)

The chocolate bar was gross! Ewwww! Liquidy chocolate in a Cadbury's wrapper! And like I said at the time - I just don't wanna know EXACTLY where it came from!!!! :blush:

now i know why you two were thick as theives about working together!!! it was the liquid chocolate thing!!!

HOUDINIA

Hi, we met Billy saturday and Sunday he was the nicest guy, I have ever met!!. We got a picture with him on sunday although it was very rushed. On saturday we got a picture of him signing which was fair enough, he had just come in from L.A and was proberly really tired so we should be grateful that he was there at all!. I agree that the rule about taking photos was changed half way through the day which was unfair but just count yourself lucky for even meeting him a lot of people cant even say that. rolleyes:

I was the first person to see Billy when he arrived on Saturday. He was such a lovely person, he was fantastic. He took time to look through some drawings I did of the LOTR cast and commented on them (which meant a lot to me) He signed the drawings and a photo which I had brought. I had to lean in for a picture while he was signing to save time which is fair enough.

I had a real stroke of bad luck on Sunday, my camera ended up breaking so I think all of my pics are ruined :lol: but I told the showmasters and they took me up to meet Billy again so I could have at least one picture of him, Billy was such a sweetheart, he posed for a picture with me, really cheered me up, he even offered me and my friend a polo, it's the little things that make moments like that so memorable! :borg:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by **Little Miss Brandybuck**

:yoda: Oh thats terrible about your camera, I'm always really worried thats going to happen to me. My sister and I always use two cameras and alternate which one we use so that if one has a bad film or breaks, we still have some photos. Its nice that you got to mee him again though, thats nice of the showmasters.

Love Jen xx

I had a real stroke of bad luck on Sunday, my camera ended up breaking so I think all of my pics are ruined  :lol:  but I told the showmasters and they took me up to meet Billy again so I could have at least one picture of him, Billy was such a sweetheart, he posed for a picture with me, really cheered me up, he even offered me and my friend a polo, it's the little things that make moments like that so memborable!

I have to agree there! When i met Billy at C3 he offered me a drink of his coffee randomly! That really made my day and will be one of the most memorable parts of meeting him then! My friend took a photo of me and Billy when he came up the queue for photos (with his arm round me etc) and when we got home she rang telling me she had forgot to put a film in her camera! I was gutted but still have the memories of him to make me smile!

Nicxxx

Edited by MagikMonkey

I had a different experience but I saw Billy quite early on. We were in the queue when they first decided to ban photo's. They were saying that

"The press camera is here so you can't take photo's"

I obviously didn't give a crap about the press camera we took photo's anyway and Billy posed for them. And he was really chirpy and nice to us and we talked to him for a while and he seemed really interested. Maybe he got tired as the day went on.

But even if he was he should have made the effort. He must be getting paid a hell of a lot, for that amount of money you have to put some effort in.

Well, i gotta say I was gonna meet Billy on Saturday but got too high a ticket (300 odd) so my sister advised me to wait until Sunday. We got to the show earlier and so got a much lower number and was able to have a photo taken with Billy. He seemed fine to me, not tired at all but then it WAS the second day. I also gave him a present and he seemed genuinely pleased with it and even joked to me bout my friends camera taken so long 2 flash. Did notice that when i gave him the pressie (a t-shirt) his 'minder tried 2 snatch it off him as soon as poss but he kept hold of it so she couldn't. Maybe he was a little cheesed off with them.

The chocolate bar was gross! Ewwww! Liquidy chocolate in a Cadbury's wrapper! And like I said at the time - I just don't wanna know EXACTLY where it came from!!!! :headscratch:

*whistles nonchalantly*

I grabbed it from the snack bag that one very kind lady brought round, took a chunk from it, got busy again and stuck it in my back pocket...

The rest is history!