would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

No one knows what numbers Showmasters are looking for in order to think "ok, we'll take a shot at ..." though.

And it hasn't been confirmed that all of these guests are available for London. Perhaps some of them aren't .. or all of them!

Poll results can be used for general organising hints for future events :WINCE:

I haven't begged for anything since Emilie De Ravin a few years back,
Ah the memories! I do seem to recall you asked once or twice :D

I know but I'm trying to drive you insane David ....annoying post by annoying post :)
Attempting to induce insanity, eh? So you are quite literally trying to be a maddening farqhuar...

:D

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz

can youuuu announce Christopher Eccleston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i soooooo wanna meet him!!!! It will make my year to get to meet him!!!!! :D :D ;):D

im honestly not desperate!! :) just a big fan!! :D

Edited by zoejaynestarr

Decided to finally sign up to this forum in order to say:

Christopher Eccelston! You HAVE to get him in! : )

What a fantastic reason to sign up to this forum......and I totally agree with your request, you are indeed wise :o

Well said Matt I gotta say I agree I would love to see Christopher Eccelstone.

Would go for the Trek Guests Only, A little bit pricey, but would pay for both an autograph (if personalising,) & Photo Shoot. If The Trek Guest are not personalising, would be a lot cheeper just buying a standard autograph from one of the dealers. But definatley the Photo shoot :-)

Also, great news because this is a "breath of fresh air" that you are getting "new" Trek guests & not just the "Same old, Same old" doing the rounds. How many times has Armin Shimmerman & Others now signed in the UK? umteenth times, I think.

Would also be great if you could get any other of the Star Trek 2009 Main & Supporting cast, or even lesser actors that were in the film.

Would also be good to get Simon Pegg, Deep Ron & Jacob Kogan back to sign again (missed Simon Pegg & Deep Ron, Last time that they were signing at one of your events)

Also would be great to get "Chris Hemsworth" I know that he is up for con signing, due to the fact he was signing in London at a con a few months back (I'll not name the your competitors con, lol!!!) great for "Trek" or "Thor" fans to get that one.

I cant believe Zach's the most expensive out of all those people and typical he's the one I'd want to meet most! Guess that's what Star Trek fame does for the fees! If it's the only way to meet him then yes I'd pay it but it would be kinda begrudgingly tbh.

Wouldnt pay for Eccleston coz I've got a few autos and pix for free!

xxx

Jean-Claude Van Damme £45 - might consider doing it as i dont know of any previous appearences in the uk as long as ive been collecting. but it would mean i couldnt afford anyone else. im usually against paying more then £20 for an autograph and only made an exception for william shatner as he is such a legend. was told he wasnt talking to people though so i didnt try and have a chat but then i heard other people were talking to him so was really annoyed. for anything over 30.00 i expect a chat with and a possible photo at the desk.

Chris Pine £55 - i met him at the star trek uk premiere and already have a personalised autograph with all the best written on it and it didnt cost me anything so i wouldnt go for him, but considering his star level, 55.00 seems a bit steep.

Ian Holm £45 - again i met Ian at the ratatouille premiere and have two autographs from him but the price sounds acceptable to those willing too pay it, he is such a legend after all, be warned though, he didnt remember much about his early work when we spoke at the premiere.

Dolph Lundgren £45 - he did a signing in the uk last year at the building near the london eye that houses the movieum but i didnt know in time and it was included in the cost of the ticket but again if i did this one it would be the only autograph i would get so i would probably not do it.

Christopher Eccleston £35 - definitely too much especially since he is active on the london stage from time to time and can easily be met at stage doors.

Karl Urban £55 - if the autograph is anything like the one i got at the star trek premiere. this would be a massive waste of money, and even if it wasnt, star level makes this way too expensive.

Sean Bean £40 - i missed the opportunity to meet him at a recent event in London so this would be quite possible but too be really honest i dont know, i would need a major advance warning of the price and with guests at these prices i would definitely consider buying a gold pass. only if that allows you to get all autographs included in the price of a gold pass though, i always thought that's why people brought them. would these guests put up the price of a gold pass though.

Zachary Quinto £75 - have met zachary twice at some television awards and at the star trek premiere and have a lovely signed spock photo from him with a full signature, would be too much too ask to anyone else though perhaps. i certainly would never pay that for a signature.

Orlando Bloom £65 - definitely not, just not worth it, he will be back on stage in london at some point and i dont even like him that much compared to other nicer celebs.

Edited by yuichitaira

I would definitely consider buying a gold pass. only if that allows you to get all autographs included in the price of a gold pass though, i always thought that's why people brought them. would these guests put up the price of a gold pass though.

It doesn't include Autographs*, you still have to pay for them, you just don't need to get a virtual ticket for the opportunity to do so.

* well it does, but stuff signed at previous shows, which you may or may not want.

If autos were included they'd sell out instantly.

Edited by TerraHawk

and with guests at these prices i would definitely consider buying a gold pass. only if that allows you to get all autographs included in the price of a gold pass though, i always thought that's why people brought them. would these guests put up the price of a gold pass though.
The Gold pass does not include the autographs of guests that are in attendance. Amongst other things, it does include a themed autograph pack containing a few from guests that have previously attended.

Details from the online shop

Shorter queues at the entrance and early entry to the event.

As you do not need virtual queuing tickets you will not need to queue from early in the morning to guarantee meeting your favourite guests.

Talk Tickets

Free tickets for any talks, etc (free and charged-for) will be available free of charge.

Priority seating will also be given to Golden Programme Holders, who will be able to enter the seating area before the main queue.

Autograph Queues

Golden Programme Holders will have the advantage of being ABLE TO JOIN THE BACK OF ANY QUEUE WITHOUT HAVING A VIRTUAL QUEUING TICKET!

This will cut down your overall waiting time incredibly, and allows a great deal more to be done over the weekend.

Photo Session Queues

Golden Programme Holders will be given priority queuing at the photo sessions! This means you will either be called up first if you arrive at the beginning of the photo session, or will be able to join the back of a smaller queue if the photo session is being called up in batches.

(Please note: photo sessions tickets are not included in the Golden Programme. These can be purchased online)

Autograph Pack

When you collect your pass you will receive a pack containing 4 autographs from your choice of genre worth approximately £40 - £50 plus 7 random autographs worth approximately £70

You can choose from one of the following subjects: LORD OF THE RINGS, STARGATE, STAR WARS, HARRY POTTER, STAR TREK, BRITISH TV/FILM, US TV/FILM, CLASSIC DR WHO, NEW DR WHO, JAMES BOND, HORROR, TORCHWOOD, LOST, SUPERNATURAL, HEROES, ALIENS TRILOGY, JOSS WHEDON, INDIANA JONES, TWILIGHT, RED DWARF, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, BLAKES 7.

Simply supply your choice of autograph pack in the ORDER AND DELIVERY COMMENTS BOX when you purchase your Gold Pass. If no pack is chosen you will be automatically assigned a General Film autograph pack.

Access to a dedicated chill out room (can seat around 25 people at one time)

Chris Pine is a bit pricey isn't he compared to the other ST captians? I'm not even sure what he's done outside ST. And hasn't Z Quinto been before at a much cheaper cost? Id have thunk he'd be £30 at most.

Yeah to Van Damme and Dolph!! Universal Soldier, man.

I like Sean Bean.

Edited by nicky