so how early are peeps planning on arriving saturday?

I have an early bird ticket so I will getting there for 8-8:30.

As a relative newcomer can anybody tell me what the queues are like for buying the photo shoots on the day are like?

I have already bought the ones I want that are on the website but I also want some that are only available on the day and my first one is at 9:30.

Last year the queues were quite long. Hopefully more people will have pruchased theire tickets from the online shop this year. It is not possible to predict how long the queues will be. The best thing you can do is to arrive as early as you can (or are willing to).

OK thanks I will try to get there as early as I can.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! I HATE this question being asked for each event. Instead of folk just turning up whenever they think best, these sort of topics spark of the whole "oh if they are arriving at 7, I better arrive at 6am" line of thought. Then the next people think they need to arrive at 5am. It's people saying stuff like this that CAUSES others to come early due to panic and scare-mongering.

Edited by Zagreus

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! I HATE this question being asked for each event. Instead of folk just turning up whenever they think best, these sort of topics spark of the whole "oh if they are arriving at 7, I better arrive at 6am" line of thought. Then the next people think they need to arrive at 5am. It's people saying stuff like this that CAUSES others to come early due to panic and scare-mongering.

sorry :D i only asked as i was originally going to be on my own and didnt fancy sitting on the street by myself.

Actually, thinking about it, perhaps the chicken could save my place in the queue while I nip off to get some bread...
Why not send the chicken? I quite often hear that they like to cross roads.

:D

dont let it cross too near kfc ;)

I don't think its unreasonable panic. You can't be too early. You can be too late.

I don't think its unreasonable panic. You can't be too early. You can be too late.

I think it's best not to show your hand in public, though. Why make it harder for yourself to secure a decent place in the queue?

For what it's worth, I'll be turning up at 9.10am, and so will all my friends. No need to rush, folks. :D

I think it's best not to show your hand in public, though. Why make it harder for yourself to secure a decent place in the queue?

For what it's worth, I'll be turning up at 9.10am, and so will all my friends. No need to rush, folks. :D

Exactly. I'm not saying people should all turn up at 9am, I am saying that when it starts to get discussed on here, all it takes is one person saying they are coming at 6.30am to persuade everyone on here to come even earlier "just in case." We all know the time the show opens, it's not rocket science to figure out how early you need to be there.

I'm going to be there for 11am on the Saturday. I'm not expecting to get Karen Gillan's autograph due to her workload (although I'll grab a VT just in case - you never know!), but the photoshoot and talk should be enough. I normally arrive around that time anyway and I've only ever once failed to get an autograph with a VT having arrived at that time and been prepared to wait as long as it took to get one.

It strikes me that given that Karen's there for one day with two HUGE photoshoots and a paid talk scheduled, I would not expect personalizations whatever happens as she is going to be utterly slammed, poor woman. But hey, it could happen...

For what it's worth, I'll be turning up at 9.10am, and so will all my friends. No need to rush, folks. :smile:

Oh absolutely. I wasn't showing my hand :D

If David's going there right now, I'm aiming to arrive YESTERDAY.

At the first Collectormania London in 2009, I decided to turn up at 7am to meet John Barrowman (who had a big buzz around his appearance). With it being a Sunday, transport didn't start till later, so I walked three miles across London, from Victoria to Olympia, to reach the venue. When I got there, there were about three people in the queue, and no one else turned up for at least another hour.

I learnt a lesson that day, but I've forgotten what it was.

If David's going there right now, I'm aiming to arrive YESTERDAY.

At the first Collectormania London in 2009, I decided to turn up at 7am to meet John Barrowman (who had a big buzz around his appearance). With it being a Sunday, transport didn't start till later, so I walked three miles across London, from Victoria to Olympia, to reach the venue. When I got there, there were about three people in the queue, and no one else turned up for at least another hour.

I learnt a lesson that day, but I've forgotten what it was.

Oh THAT weekend. That was manic.

Yes, John was going to do The Hub. And then he got La Cage. Theatre was full of fans for the last night. And then we all went to CML on the Sunday.