so how early are peeps planning on arriving saturday?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't answer your second question, but I do have some friends planning on getting there around 6:30/7am I think on the Saturday. I was meant to be with them, but I'm not going to arrive until 8:30am now, which I'm not too pleased about.

Oh well, can't be helped!

They won't let you queue on property until after a certain time. Can't recall if they open the iron doors 7 or 8 AM right now, maybe someone else remembers. :thumbup: Until that point you're waiting on the street. They don't really care about that, trust me on that. :thumbup: I've done my fair number of night shifts there.

They won't let you queue on property until after a certain time. Can't recall if they open the iron doors 7 or 8 AM right now, maybe someone else remembers.:thumbup: Until that point you're waiting on the street. They don't really care about that, trust me on that. :thumbup: I've done my fair number of night shifts there.

i'm not worried about spending hours on the street i just wanted to know if i was going to be the only one and it seems i might be the only one so far thats mental enough to contemplate just waiting from fri night til sat morning not too keen on being alone to do it though LOL

my original plan was to travel up and back daily but i'm totally paranoid about not getting in early enough to get low VQ tkt for karen after alex yest.....i just hoping i can get my name on karens auto if i have uber low number!!!!!

thanks everyone :borg:

my original plan was to travel up and back daily but i'm totally paranoid about not getting in early enough to get low VQ tkt for karen after alex yest.....i just hoping i can get my name on karens auto if i have uber low number!!!!!

thanks everyone :thumbup:

I have to admit I'm paranoid about the same thing now, but there's really nothing I can do about getting there any earlier. I figure if I get a very high VT number (hopefully not seeing as I'm still there for early bird entry) and I see things aren't going too well by the time I'm called I'll just spend the money on someone else instead, I am getting a photo with Karen at least, and I know I have a low number for that lol.

Personally though, I still maintain that it's not on to refuse a personalisation anyway, as if I'm handing over ~£20, I'd like more than a moment of contact with the guest, which should be plenty of time for a personalitation. I would never ask for a photo over the desk if it says no posed photos, as I realise these really do take time, but "To Mike" etc? not really that much to ask considering I don't think. :lol:

Last year, arrived at 8.30. By then the queued snaked round. May go to the Friday preview and either camp that night or hide within Earls Court :lol:

seriously if you want someone to camp out with friday night i'm totally up for it just don't want to do it on my own ;)

Last year, arrived at 8.30. By then the queued snaked round. May go to the Friday preview and either camp that night or hide within Earls Court ;)

seriously if you want someone to camp out with friday night i'm totally up for it just don't want to do it on my own :D

not read this whole thread but EC wont allow ppl to sleep outside EC2 over night once the show is closed the site will then close, only authorized ppl will be allowed once the gates close, the only reason the gates and site would be open through the night would be if there was something running through the night, you would have to do so on the street outside the gates.

i think the gates would most likely open around 7am sat. if I remember, nearer the time I will ask and post here.

Personally though, I still maintain that it's not on to refuse a personalisation anyway, as if I'm handing over ~£20, I'd like more than a moment of contact with the guest, which should be plenty of time for a personalitation. I would never ask for a photo over the desk if it says no posed photos, as I realise these really do take time, but "To Mike" etc? not really that much to ask considering I don't think. :lol:

non personalization's may occur if SM feel to not do so would mean hundreds of ppl missing out on a persons auto, due to time constraints or volume. this decision maybe taken during the day or even before the show opens. It may not be great but if its a choice between no names or hundreds of ppl missing out on her auto then I think its understandable to implement it

That's just my question though, is it? Without being harsh, people in this thread are (however jokingly) talking about arriving VERY early for the event to secure a low VT and the thought of these people getting less for their money (I'm not suggesting they are paying for the ink, just being more metaphorical) just so people who role up an hour before closing get a chance to get through is something I'm not sure I agree with. However, I suppose I'd feel differently if I was one of the people turning up late because they could only get there after work or something. I realise it's difficult, I just thought it needed saying.

That's just my question though, is it? Without being harsh, people in this thread are (however jokingly) talking about arriving VERY early for the event to secure a low VT and the thought of these people getting less for their money (I'm not suggesting they are paying for the ink, just being more metaphorical) just so people who role up an hour before closing get a chance to get through is something I'm not sure I agree with. However, I suppose I'd feel differently if I was one of the people turning up late because they could only get there after work or something. I realise it's difficult, I just thought it needed saying.

thats a good point and it's a very difficult thing to call i imagine. i am quite willing to sit on pavement all night but then i'm not entirely right in the old noggin and possibly a bit ocd about stuff :hathor: so maybe the autographs could be personalised up to a point what that point would be i don't know. arghh it's awkward and you can never ever please everyone. at the mo it looks like i'll be arriving at just after 7am and will be a nervous wreck all the way!!!!

How regulated is pavement queuing? Do we all form nice orderly queues when left to our own devices? I know some of us do. Its those that don't that concern me.

I've just looked to see how limited they are - if first thing queuers get a better deal than anytime, nothing to stop 150 gold ticket holders jumping in front of no.1

Personally though, I still maintain that it's not on to refuse a personalisation anyway, as if I'm handing over ~£20, I'd like more than a moment of contact with the guest, which should be plenty of time for a personalitation. I would never ask for a photo over the desk if it says no posed photos, as I realise these really do take time, but "To Mike" etc? not really that much to ask considering I don't think. :(

Over time though it does make a difference. Queen Sindel explained it very well in another thread.

That's the problem. Even if it's only 3 or 4 seconds per personalisation (not including misspellings) 4 x 1000 autographs = 4000 seconds. That's over an hour. For a guest that's only one day an hour is a lot of time.

It is very rare that personalisations are stopped from the beginning, but sometimes the cut off point has to be made. Happened to me too at LFACC... was in line for a guest, in fact next to see him, he went on a quick break, his agent decided line was too long, no more personalisations. :(

For 15 pounds you are still getting an autograph that you know is authentic and on the picture you like to have signed. I like my autographs personalised too, but sometimes it just can't be help.

If you're the person that just missed out on seeing someone because time ran out things would probably look differently. This hasn't happened for SM shows in a long, long time thankfully.

How regulated is pavement queuing? Do we all form nice orderly queues when left to our own devices? I know some of us do. Its those that don't that concern me.

Yes. In the past this has never been a problem. Some may have walked faster than others when the metal door opened, but we always got back in the same orer.