Tickets on Sale!

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

no each event is looked at on its own so now there is no standard ME prices

the cost for this event is a fare one and we want to be able to put on a great con but it all cost money .

a lot of guest maybe coming form New Zealand or the US and flights have gone up so much of late, i know you have seen a lot of things cost more these days and the VAT is also going up which affects hotel costs to us travel, printing , giveaways, etc, i am afraid it dose affect the cost of an event , we care about putting on a great show and to do this we have to charge what we need to be able to run it and this event will not be a cheep event to run so the ticket costs are what they are so we can do this event justice and bring you the best con we can for all the lord of the rings fans out there .

we have not put up our signing event cost entrance cost up sins we started over 7 years and we keep the guest prices for autograph also at the same rate you do not see them going up at all kenny Baker is the same price now as he was at Collectormina 4 so i think you know we do keep the cost down for everyone .

one last thing its a lot cheeper to bring the guest to you at this con than it is for you to go meet them in LA or New Zealand and most of the guest people met in the past at Collectormana never went to another event in the UK and in some cases it was there only public signing ever in the world so in a way you cannot put a price on an event like this ?

cool, just curious weather it was a standard increase or in line with this particular events needs, thanks for the reply, for me im skint so line ups are all important to me more than the fact id love to go to a LOTR con. i cant commit financially with no guests yet.

however get sean bean and I will be there no matter the cost (to my credit card lol), just like with RDA at chev. ;-)

Edited by timelord81r

Booked my Gold ticket of course lol. I chose "other card" as for credit card payment and entered my american express cards details..I hope this is ok? I guess Jola will email me if problems occurs?

Edited by Marystat

I totally understand why the prices are like this for this event, the cast are some of the biggest names out there but oof! My bank account is silently weeping at the thought. Won't be able to buy my gold ticket until well into the summer :s Hope there are some left by then!

Ohhh which ticket to get - that is the question!! It's also a little mean putting them on sale just before christmas (though that could equally be argued in both directions!) I may need to work on hubbie for this one, and wait til pay day (which is tomorrow! hahaha)

p.s. The ticket costs are very reasonable. They match the twilight cons, and in my opinion twilight pales in comparison to Lord of the Rings. (though I love both!)

Another quick question - can you confirm what each of the different tickets includes in the price? Normally, I'd look at the website, but as that's not up yet, I'd like to make sure the ticket I buy includes everything I want in it!

Another quick question - can you confirm what each of the different tickets includes in the price? Normally, I'd look at the website, but as that's not up yet, I'd like to make sure the ticket I buy includes everything I want in it!

If you click on the bold ticket type from the link in the first post (ie, the 'Adult blah Programme for Return to Middle Earth) it goes through to the ticket details

Have to say this is going to be a tough call. I've been to enough LOtR cons before to have a pretty wide spread of guest meets, but there again I can only think of a couple that I wouldn't want to meet again...Very tricky :P

Edited by sazzra

I'd love to go gold for this but not likely as I have to pay for mine and Paul's tickets so might see if I can swing him standard and me silver! I so have to go to this con. Told my grandad about it last night and he keeps telling me no more conventions but I said its been 10 years since Lord of the Rings came when the con is held and its a must and its the first one Showmasters have run so he kinda agreed to me going :P now its just having the money to do it.

Aww I'll miss Jola but I think Yvie will do just as a good job then :-). Thanks!

I'm SO good that I don't even need to look at your order before telling you that there's a problem with it. We don't accept American Express :( Sorry!! Email me at info@collectormania.com and we'll sort it out :P