Sheraton Hotel

chris_hod

Hi!

I'm not staying at the Sheraton, but from what I've heard a lot of people who stayed at Thistle last year have now changed to Sheraton. So I'll guess you'll sleep well in your nice hotelroom (I stayed at sheraton last year) and there will be the usual line of con participants back and forth between the hotels.

I know that I downgraded standard wise, but I got too afraid of all the cars *chicken* although I would have preferred the standard of the sheraton instead. :smile:

I'm booked at the Thistle, but am seriously considering switching to the lower priced Sheraton. It is a lot cheaper especially for people travelling on their own. There is no con rate for single rooms at the Thistle which is a major disadvantage.

Hijacking the thread somewhat but I was wondering if ME were planning to offer group photoshoots for attendees staying at the Thistle? I know its been done at a few recent cons, but nothing mentioned on the forums yet for Hallowhedon 2. I know its not to be expected and not generally done, but it would really help me out to get a "yes" or "no" because I'm actually only keeping my Thistle reservation on the off chance I'll get rewarded for my "loyalty" :D

we are at the sheraton tis much better price. we were about a mile away from the hotel last year so decided to go with somewhere that involves less walking

Same here, we're staying there as its much cheaper. Cant wait!

Also last time we stayed at the Sheraton we had a mini bar in the room so we managed to buy sandwhiches from the garage and sneak them in the top to keep them cold hehe. We also had a safe which was good and an ironing board, which is better than the thistle all i got there was a lovely view of the car park.

So all in all Sheraton has better rooms.

I personally am fed up with the Thistle! Last yr was it for me - poor breakfast, my in-room safe broke, the staff were rude and my friends room door locked her in! Sheraton all the way for me! It does though depend on what you want though. I'm having the con as my equivalent of a holiday, so it's important for me to have a nice hotel to stay at and enjoy, plus I'm staying the Thursday night too. Plus not everyone had the bad experience that I did...

Well I'm booked at the Sheraton now :lol: I didn't dare to wait for information from ME which may not have come anyway.

Has anyone used the gym at the Sheraton? It looks quite decent looking at the photo.

Does anyone know if there a café near to the Sheraton which does a decent breakfast? This being the major downside of switching hotels ... no Thistle breakfast :rolleyes:

we`re staying at he premier travel inn on Bath road this year due to money issues, we usually stay at the sheraton but £89 for 3 nights was too good a deal to pass up! I have stayed there before for a con and although the rooms were nice, i got stuck there for the entire con due to a lack of working cashpoints lol!

Is anybody else staying there?

we`re staying at he premier travel inn on Bath road this year due to money issues, we usually stay at the sheraton but £89 for 3 nights was too good a deal to pass up! I have stayed there before for a con and although the rooms were nice, i got stuck there for the entire con due to a lack of working cashpoints lol!

Is anybody else staying there?

my friends are staying at the premier travel inn and i'm at ibis across the road so maybe we'll see you en route! :)

Am I the only person who didn't actually mind the Thistle? Ok the staff were a bit rude but I gave as good as I got and that seemed to sort it. My room was slightly small but clean and the bed was comfy. I know it's a bit pricey but to be honest we probably save the money difference by not buying drinks at the bar we just kept running up and down to the room. Plus they let me phone in a Dominos so major plus points for them lol. Trust me i've stayed in far worse for alot more money.

Am I the only person who didn't actually mind the Thistle? Ok the staff were a bit rude but I gave as good as I got and that seemed to sort it. My room was slightly small but clean and the bed was comfy. I know it's a bit pricey but to be honest we probably save the money difference by not buying drinks at the bar we just kept running up and down to the room. Plus they let me phone in a Dominos so major plus points for them lol. Trust me i've stayed in far worse for alot more money.

i agree there are worse but last year our room in the thistle was not very clean and the whole place just seemed a bit shabby. just trying the sheraton this year to see if its any better, we could well be back at the thistle next year if the walk from the sheraton gets to be a pain in the bottom! hahaha

Edited by Captain Mal

I didnt really have a problem with the Thistle and I was going to stay there again because of convenience. There was a price difference of nearly £70 between Thistle and Sheraton so it was worth saving the extra money and for a better hotel. Plus the walk isn't that bad, once you get to McDonalds you have to cross two double roads and its right there. Last time I stayed there I had no problem getting back and forth and most of the time I was on my own.

Were staying at the Sheraton in a Queen size room for £154. Last year we stayed at the Lodge which is cheap and cheerful. Our friends are all at the Sheraton and it looks lovely so Im looking forward to it. Ive stayed at the Thistle before and I dont like the prices, rooms, staff or food.

Well I'm booked at the Sheraton now :D I didn't dare to wait for information from ME which may not have come anyway.

Has anyone used the gym at the Sheraton? It looks quite decent looking at the photo.

Does anyone know if there a café near to the Sheraton which does a decent breakfast? This being the major downside of switching hotels ... no Thistle breakfast :huh:

Hi Steve :WAVE:

I believe most ppl who stay at the Sheraton eat breakfast at McDonalds as it is between the Sheraton and Thistle so fairly convenient.

The gym is supposed to be quite good although I've not used it - just heard good reports!

Jo, Bebe & Craig from last May are staying at the Sheraton and Debbie and I are in the Thistle as we wanted to be closer - see you there soon :dance:

Edited by Corinne_Brown

Well I'm booked at the Sheraton now :lol: I didn't dare to wait for information from ME which may not have come anyway.

Does anyone know if there a café near to the Sheraton which does a decent breakfast? This being the major downside of switching hotels ... no Thistle breakfast :D

Hi Steve :huh:

I believe most ppl who stay at the Sheraton eat breakfast at McDonalds as it is between the Sheraton and Thistle so fairly convenient.

The gym is supposed to be quite good although I've not used it - just heard good reports!

Jo, Bebe & Craig from last May are staying at the Sheraton and Debbie and I are in the Thistle as we wanted to be closer - see you there soon :WAVE:

Hi Corinne!

I was so hoping to avoid McDonalds if possible :lol:;) but I suppose it'll do.

Yeah I was staying at the Thistle too until today. I don't mind staying there at all but I'm trying to budget for future cons :lol: so I'm going to try the Sheraton.

I truly doubt the gym will happen :lol:

I can't wait for next next (can I say that?) weekend. It'll great to see you all again :dance:

Edited by Numfar