Sheraton Hotel

chris_hod

I don't know if it's still there but there used to be a small cafe in the health centre directly opposite the Thistle. They did breakfasts and, slightly oddly, chinese food. It's not the most promising looking place but I've certainly had a nice cup of tea and some toast there before.

Edited by erykah

we`re staying at he premier travel inn on Bath road this year due to money issues, we usually stay at the sheraton but £89 for 3 nights was too good a deal to pass up! I have stayed there before for a con and although the rooms were nice, i got stuck there for the entire con due to a lack of working cashpoints lol!

Is anybody else staying there?

my friends are staying at the premier travel inn and i'm at ibis across the road so maybe we'll see you en route! :)

Awesome! we`re friendly so say hi if you see us, you can`t miss us, i`m tiny and my boyfriend looks like he bites but he doesn`t lol, hes a big fluffy silent Bob lookalike, so don`t be afraid to say hi! :thumbup:

I don't know if it's still there but there used to be a small cafe in the health centre directly opposite the Thistle. They did breakfasts and, slightly oddly, chinese food. It's not the most promising looking place but I've certainly had a nice cup of tea and some toast there before.

Its still there Erykah but when we asked someone last year they said it was 'members' only. What youre supposed to be a member of exactly we werent sure.

We're staying at the Heathrow Lodge which I think is only a little bit down the road. It seems like family run place and only £40 a night for a double so no complaints :) Just hope we can find our way to the Thistle ok, google maps isn't that helpful.

Still, can't wait. This time next week we'll be there!

We're staying at the Heathrow Lodge which I think is only a little bit down the road. It seems like family run place and only £40 a night for a double so no complaints :) Just hope we can find our way to the Thistle ok, google maps isn't that helpful.

you should be ok its pretty much all one road as long as u go the right way up it u will be fine :)

We stayed at the Lodge last year (a really pleasant place to stay for a very reasonable price - so much so we're staying there again this year) and it is incredibly easy to find. It's right on the same little road as the Thistle and the pub, no busy roads to cross etc. It's so close now!

Edited by JennMel

From the Lodge (depending on which 'house' youre in) you just walk straight up the road. The White Horse will be on your left and the Thistle is just on the right not too far along the same road. Its very easy to spot. We liked the Lodge last year. Clean, tidy rooms. Cheap prices, free taxi to Heathrow Terminal 5 and pleasant staff. I hope you booked en suite though as if not its a shared bathroom :lol:

:help: um wasn't sure where to ask this but i'm quite a bit up the road from the thistle. i will be able to get a taxi wont i they should have a number at the thistle or better still be able to call one for me when i'm a bit tipsy and need to go to bo bo land won't they? :lol:

Yeah you'll be able to get a taxi but to be honest for what they will charge you, Id rather walk :( Its expensive for taxis in London and surrounding areas. I paid £12 at Heathrow and Id have paid £5 for the same distance here in Leeds.

thanks for the info :)

i figured it would be about £10 ish so if i'm on my own i will defo be getting a taxi especially if it's silly o'clock in the morning. i live near brighton so am used to being overcharged for taxi's to get home when public transport stops :lol:

I will be at the Sheraton with a friend this year as I was at the Thistle last year and didn't really like it. I didn't have to complain but Sheraton seems better and is cheaper which means more photoshoots :D

I always stay at the the sheraton, usually cheaper and 500% better than the thistle, when you stay at the thistle you will realise! Have fun everyone.