Gil Birmingham at ET4?

Lisa090982

It just comes back to the fact that it's a Twilight con, rather than a vamp con or a wolf con etc. ME certainly haven't tried to deliberately get so many Wolf characters together, but if that's who is available then they have to assume people are interested .. after all, I'd assume they wouldn't turn Taylor away nor would attendees want them to?

Don't remind me of my Dream Wolfie-sandwich Photoshoot David, please :D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just comes back to the fact that it's a Twilight con, rather than a vamp con or a wolf con etc. ME certainly haven't tried to deliberately get so many Wolf characters together, but if that's who is available then they have to assume people are interested .. after all, I'd assume they wouldn't turn Taylor away nor would attendees want them to?

no i get that... and there's people that would be ecstatic about all the wolves... i'm just not one of them.... but it won't stop me from going and having an awesome time (i nearly said a whale of a time.. but twitter has ruined whales for me =/)

At this point I don't really care who is announced and who isn't, I would rather have guests than no guests.

I guess I understand where some people are coming from about repeats though, but I can't really complain coz I haven't met anyone, except BooBoo, but that wasn't at a con, but I'm still looking forward to meeting him again.

Any guests at this late a stage are a bonus :lol:

So the question is: Is Gil Birmingham coming to Birmingham? Sorry couldn't resist :D

He's a lovely chap and the whole stalking Chaske thing at ET2 was very funny - hadn't cried with laughter like that for years :lol:

Even more obvious if you say: "Is Birmingham coming to Birmingham?" Haha :D

Ok, first of all - if you're seeing Charlie some other time, but it's meant to be some personal secret thing, it's probably best to stop mentioning it everywhere :D

Secondly I don't understand why people would rather have no replacement than a repeat? That's crazy.

I have no idea of the situation here, but I honestly don't get the mentality of some people ..

I have to agree with David here. More guests are better than less surely! I personally would love to meet Gill again, my pic with him last October was awful, would love a change to get a new one done :lol:

Ive never met Gill, and would LOVE him as a guest!!!!

Also while i agree that Charlie is a repeat and cud get alittle frustrating for those who have seen him a few times now, the current line up for me personally is lacking (dont all shoot me at once lol), and this time around i wud really be very very happy to have him back as a guest to make up for it.

Charlie was at ET3 and the Proms so I don't see the point of him coming again so quickly.

I wouldn't mind meeting Gil.

Please just let know in advance if someone is coming so I can bring my posters etc...

I would take the posters just incase as things could change even the morning of the con

• Moderators

Wouldn't people rather Charlie came back as a last minute 'surprise' than as a full part of a lineup?

Just curious. It seems like a compromise of sorts.

Of course, it's all speculation anyway.

I haven't met either of them so would love it!! And I have to agree....surely repeat guests are better than fewer guests!!!???!? I don't understand the whole 'I'd rather have no replacement that one we've met before !' but maybe that's because I've never met ANYONE - lol :)

Ok, first of all - if you're seeing Charlie some other time, but it's meant to be some personal secret thing, it's probably best to stop mentioning it everywhere ;)

Secondly I don't understand why people would rather have no replacement than a repeat? That's crazy.

I have no idea of the situation here, but I honestly don't get the mentality of some people ..

Haha the location and time etc... is secret so randomers whatever don't turn up lmao, but the fact it's happening isn't a secret anymore :dance: Charlie's even tweeted about it himself.

Wouldn't people rather Charlie came back as a last minute 'surprise' than as a full part of a lineup?

Just curious. It seems like a compromise of sorts.

Of course, it's all speculation anyway.

Aye I don't get this at all tbh :/ no one said he was gonna be part of the line up, from what I gathered he made a sweeping off the cuff remark that he might pop in. Is all. Like you've said surely 8 guests whether seen or not is better than 6 guests lol.

I'm not going anyway so I'm not fussed, but tbh peoples reactions to the repeats when they're so pushed for time makes me kinda think ME shouldn't bother lol.

I hope these speculations are true... I don't get the negative thoughts towards Charlie, this will be Chaske's 3rd time appearing at a SM/ME event as it would be Charlies? I get that it would be a year since the last con he appeared at but it would be a whole 8 months since Charlies... only 4 months difference??

Personally I see it as people who wasn't fond of Charlie trying to make something out of nothing.

Like others have said I'd rather have a possible 8 guests then 6.

Any replacement(s) ME manage to get at this late stage is greatly appreciated. :dance: