1st timer Star Wars Guest to go up on monday at 8.pm

showmasters

Though I can't remember all of it, here is the sum total of Wedge's dialogue across the original trilogy:

A New Hope

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's impossible, even for a computer.

Red Two standing by.

Look at the size of that thing!

Heavy fire, boss! Twenty-three degrees.

Watch your back, Luke!

Watch your back! Fighters above you, coming in!

I'm on him, Luke!

Hold on!

This is Red Two. Flying toward you.

Right with you, boss.

My scope shows the tower, but I can't see the exhaust port!

Are you sure the computer can hit it?

What about that tower?

Fighters. Coming in, point three.

I'm hit!

I can't stay with you.

Sorry!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Empire Strikes Back

Copy, Rogue Leader.

Coming around, Rogue Leader.

Activate harpoon.

Good shot, Janson.

One more pass.

Detach cable.

Whooha! That got him!

Good luck, Luke. See you at the rendezvous.

Return of the Jedi

Red Leader standing by.

Lock S-foils in attack positions.

I get no reading. Are you sure?

Copy, Gold Leader.

Red Three, Red Two, pull in!

Cut to the left! I'll take the leader!

They're heading for the medical frigate.

Good shot, Red Two.

I'm going in.

Form up. And stay alert. We could run out of space real fast.

There it is!

Copy, Gold Leader. I'm already on my way out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still don't consider him a major supporting character though. Would be a decent enough guest, but I was really hoping for someone bigger. I think though now, I have to concede that it's Lawson.

I think Jason was pretty mean though if that turns out to be the case - planting that little Vader quote in his original post!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I can't remember all of it, here is the sum total of Wedge's dialogue across the original trilogy:

I still don't consider him a major supporting character though. Would be a decent enough guest, but I was really hoping for someone bigger. I think though now, I have to concede that it's Lawson.

Well when you consider how few characters were in all three, he is in the select group.

Well when you consider how few characters were in all three, he is in the select group.

Yep, and as a Star Wars fan I'd be ecstatic with Lawson, but I'd be more so with JEJ! :YAHOO:

Im guessing James Earl Jones. He speaks in all 3 Original Trilogy films and says "This will be a day long remembered" in ANH (going off SMs OP - which could be a subtle hint)

But JEJ is also in Revenge of the Sith so you think they'd have added that.

Wow. Wedge sure was a filthy bugger in ANH, wasn't he!! Reading his lines you'd think ANH was sci-fi smut...

Look at the size of that thing!

Watch your back, Luke!

I'm on him, Luke!

Hold on!

My scope shows the tower, but I can't see the exhaust port!

Are you sure the computer can hit it?

:YAHOO::D:lol::lol:

Edited by nicky

• Moderators

Could it be Mark Hammill?

He's a worlds 1st for SM (I think) and it says "main" supporting cast - he isn't support as such but he supports the film if you get my drift.

This was the first one that sprung to mind - especially with this event undergoing a name change

He's not a 'world first' signing though.

JEJ is uncredited in ROTS and it's never been confirmed that he has actually spoke those lines or whether it was previous recordings spliced together.

The clue also said that the character speaks, nothing about actually appearing.

And this seems a good a time as any to ask:

If JEJ refuses to charge for autographs, couldn't SM just pay him for his time / travelling costs / accomodation etc? With people getting his autograph for free, there would be more people paying to get into the event so there would be more revenue from that, and more dealers may want to attend, again increasing revenue for SM?

Just wondered...

• Moderators

If JEJ refuses to charge for autographs, couldn't SM just pay him for his time / travelling costs / accomodation etc? With people getting his autograph for free, there would be more people paying to get into the event so there would be more revenue from that, and more dealers may want to attend, again increasing revenue for SM?

Just wondered...

Considering the amount of money they would have to spend on those costs, I really don't think it's viable. These events aren't huge money makers as they are without spending out on a fly-in that isn't making any money whatsoever.

could do a charity thing, sm take a bit, the rest to a charity. its got to be JEJ hasnt it if its a first world signing and a main supporting role?

regarding rots, it was him, new recorded cos it sounded weirder, slightly different to the original series as did the bits he done for the 97 special additions.

if it is him, im gonna be in trouble cos id consider getting 4 autos from him lol, yer mr photo shoot, got 3 movie posters id like the main cast to sign and my dave prowse is darth vader signed pic i got as a xmas pressie from my folks a few years back who saw him at the mk shopping centre cm id like him to sign JEJ is darth vader lol

If it is McDiarmid or Oz I will cry with happiness. Lawson would also be pretty cool. I took the clue as ESB and Jedi not including ANH because in the clue ESB and ROTJ were abbreviated, if it was meant to be ANH as well then why not just abbreviate that as well. Maybe im reading too much into it.

Lawson appeared in all 3 OT films, but I don't see him needing to do a convention, he has a dislike for SW fans, and although he has slightly, and i mean slightly, mellowed to SW stuff, he is still 90/10 against SW stuff and autographs

McDiarmid, well good luck! He refuses to sign SW stuff. Other then Official Pix stuff, who he signed for a few

years back, he flatly refuses SW stuff. I tried several times in person with him after shows and plays, and although he his very gracious about the whole situation, his answer is a firm no. Index cards he is fine with, but no SW images. Oh, and when he did sign for Offical Pix, he was priced at $299 each, so i doubt Jason will be able to get him at £40 a signature.

Frank Oz, again, i don't see him ever needing to do a convention. It's not his thing. He personalises everthing he signs without fail, and i know some collectors do not like personlised auto's.

Whoever it is, i'm sure the queue will be long! :blink:

Iain signed my OT poster at a theatre in Dublin in 2006. Just me and my mate waiting, and he didn't bat an eyelid.

[/smug mode]

It's only the last 3-4 years that Ian has been a definate no no. It was just before Celebration Europe. I believe he got a bit of stick from fans outside a theatre one night when he refused to sign 101 things that people bring to get autographed, and a few names and "remarks" regarding his "lifestyle" were thrown at him. Since then, he has been anti SW signing. A couple of people have had success with him, but they have really begged him, and be known to buy a gift like wine ect for him as a sweetner to get him to sign.It tends to be people with multi signed posters that have had the luck :D

This is what i got from him, a signed index card which i matted up:

palpatine_matted.jpg

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, and I had to look up Denis Lawson. Jason said every fan would know this character and he "speaks". It's JEJ, gota be.

I would say the only main cast are Ford, Hammil and Fisher, all others are supporting.

Yahweh, I'm pretty sure that Ford did some send in signings and topps trading card signings that were arranged by Derek Maki's Coolwaters a while back. I think the prices were steep, but understandably so.

I cling to the fact that Ford is represented by Maki in hope that we'll one day get to see a conveyor belt type very expensive in person signing by him. That said, i really don't think Harrison Ford would be described as a support character for star wars if he were to be appearing - surely any event organiser would use an actor of his stature as THE main event?! So, I think you're massively wide of the mark in that respect.

I'm less and less convinced of my original guess of JEJ being right now, as Vader really isn't a supporting character. My mind went into overdrive when i saw Jason's nugget in his original post with the play on the Vader quote. But I'm now pretty convinced it will be Lawson. He's the only supporting character to appear and have dialogue in all three films, and I believe this would be a first time signing.

(don't think Harrison Ford would be described as a support character for star wars if he were to be appearing - surely any event organiser would use an actor of his stature as THE main event?! So, I think you're massively wide of the mark in that respect.)

i have to agree, Harrison would be a scoop and im sure Showmasters would be trying to get all his fans to the event not just his Star Wars fans, so they wouldn't announce him as a Star Wars guest!!

so i really dont think it will be him, looks very much like Lawson now?

Why we're talking about McDiarmid, I don't know.. He wasn't originally in ESB, and of course not seen or heard in ANH.

Seeing as Ford did a panel for C&A at SDCC, I'm guessing it's him, or Frank Oz.

People are forgetting McDiarmid wasn't in ESB until the DVD came out...so it shouldn't be him. Good call.

And Ford?! Are you serious?! If it were him I highly doubt Jason would put him in a thread titled '1st timer Star Wars guest'...he's done so much more than that. And even so we wouldnt get him cos he isn't supporting let alone realistic. Same goes for Frank Oz, he's done so much more to be classed as just a SW guest.

I think it has to be JEJ personally! Bare in mind the clue did say he "speaks" in the first 3 movies. I could have said he starred and had a speaking roll in them. Personally I think it was a hint that we just heard him and didn't see him.

I think it has to be JEJ personally! Bare in mind the clue did say he "speaks" in the first 3 movies. I could have said he starred and had a speaking roll in them. Personally I think it was a hint that we just heard him and didn't see him.

If the original clue in Jason's first post, that being "This will be a show long remembered" is specific to the character, then it has to be JEJ.

However, if it's just a Star Wars play on words for a rare guest announcement, then it could be someone else.

As I see it now, there are only two options for this - JEJ and Lawson. Now, my initial thoughts on this are that JEJ is happy to sign SW items, but will not charge for them. Lawson, on the other hand, historically has distanced himself from SW fandom and isn't known for signing SW items. So, for either of them to do an SM event, something has to give.

Given the fact that JEJ is on Broadway at the time and the fact that most people would consider Vader to be a main character and not a supporting character, then I think it has to be Lawson.

That said, I wouldn't class Wedge as a "main support character", but I could see how he would be referenced as such for a signing event as he is a character that all SW fans will know and he does have dialogue in all three films - something that not many can lay claim to. Further, he's probably one of the few "lesser" level actors who has dialogue in the prequels who has never done a signing event before.

My money is now on Lawson - and I'll be chuffed to bits if it is him.

I think either way, this is an announcement that all Star Wars fans can only benefit from and I don't think any of us will be disappointed!

Of course Wedge is a main supporting character - as mentioned he has speaking lines in all 3 films, actually has a character name (unusual for pilots!), he has been featured in so many spin off comics, books, games etc.

It's fair to say he is a bigger supporting character than say Boba Fett and look how popular he is.

I for one would be well chuffed if it's him as I would suspect would most SW fans.

Would be good if nephew popped along too though!