Who's the most famous person you have met?

Goodie586

Apart from people at Cons etc who have you met that is famous?

Pictures would be great too.

I saw Morgan Freeman in Glasgow...making Unleased.

I say saw as i was too scared to go get his autograph on my Shawshank DVD.

I hope that some of you guys have some good stories and were not as shy as me.

Looking forward to some pics and stories...

:D

Colin Firth :)

He graduated with an honorary degree from my University the same year I received my BA, and was at the same ceremony as me. Afterward they snuck him out one of the many back ways (I graduated in a cathedral) while the rest of us went out the main doors.

Me and my family then went for lunch in one of the Cathedral buildings and decided to take pictures in front of the main entrance after, because the light would be better. When we came out, the afternoon ceremony was just about to start, including the formal precession. As we'd all been inside when this happened for my ceremony we watched and waited until everything was cleared and ended up waiting another hour or so. We did the whole family taking pictures thing, and just as we were finishing up Colin walked past.

He stopped to talk to us - I was still in my full graduation robes and mortarboard - and was incredibly polite and charming. He was a complete sweetheart with both my mum and my nan, who were both practically incoherent over him. When I congratulated him on the degree, he laughed and told me I was the one who deserved the congratulations, as I'd actually worked for mine, and asked what I'd studied and if I'd enjoyed it.

His wife (who is both gorgeous and lovely!) took pictures for us, with me and my mum and then my nan (who bless, were still completely loopy over him being there).

Now of course, the only graduation picture that ever gets shown to anyone ever, is the one with Mr. Darcy in it.

.......Oh yeah, and I've met the Queen, but that's no where near as cool.

Clint Eastwood - at the premiere of White Hunter Black Heart

Now that is impressive....always wanted to meet him.

We have the same birthday after that the similarities end lol....

what was he like? Nice or a butthole?

Read a biography on him and he did not come across well....

Clint Eastwood - at the premiere of White Hunter Black Heart

Now that is impressive....always wanted to meet him.

We have the same birthday after that the similarities end lol....

what was he like? Nice or a butthole?

Read a biography on him and he did not come across well....

He arrived just before the start to take the applause then five minutes into the film he left the auditorium. He came back five minutes before the end of the film to accept the applause at the end. Then, to my surprise he just sat in his seat. It became clear when speaking to him that he must have been in the bar for the duration of the film. I remember the encounter but I am not sure he would.

I've met a good number of famous people living in St Andrews for so long. The Dunhill Links comes every year and through that I've briefly met Bill Murray and Hugh Grant.

I also met Stephen Fry who was filming in St Andrews, along with Robbie Coltrane who was coming out of a shop. Presumably on holiday.

unfortunately no pics of the above encounters!

I think the most impressive person I've met (to me) is Tony Robinson when I worked on the Time Team. The loveliest and most naturally funny man you'll ever meet.

Robert Englund - The one and only Freddy Kruger

met him at Collectormania a few years ago and was by far the best guest of the weekend and since, very chatty and interacted well with his fans.

He was sitting with his wife behind a desk and when we went to get his autograph he saw my bf's tattoos of him and got up came round to give my bf a cuddle. think this was the best day of his life.

Apart from people at Cons etc who have you met that is famous?

Ignoring conventions, amongst others

Edward Heath

Joan Collins

The Drifters - Johnny Moore and Ben E King included

David Attenborough

Ivan Lendl

Franz Beckenbauer

Sir Derek Jacobi

The Princess Royal (Princess Anne)

Felicity Kendall

The Fonz (Henry Winkler)

Outside cons - most of the Royals - Diana quite a few times i went to a few events to see her and my gran used to live just down the road from a hospital she used to go to a lot so i got to see her every summer.

TV celebs - Sarah Michelle Gellar when she opened Harrods. David Boreanaz in Planet Hollywood in 2000

quite a few other celebs at signing events but was only really interested in buffy people at the time.

Here's my selection:

* Slash. (I met him before a Velvet Revolver gig in Glasgow, alongside Duff MacKagen and Matt Sorum. I was helping out with a charity signing.)

*Quentin Tarantino (Signed copies of Deathproof at Virgin music store in '07, in time for his Deathproof premiere at the Glasgow Film Theatre.)

* Nancy Cartwright (Voice of Bart Simpson.) Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

* Christina Hendricks (Mad Men.) I've met her twice at Firefly conventions.

* Natasha Bedingfield.

* Kelis.

* Mike Skinner, The Streets.

* John Barrowman. Waterstones book signing March 2008.

* Joss Whedon. (Music store signing. Serenity premiere, Edinburgh Film Festival 2005.)

Errmm...well most of them are from Conventions but...out of conventions I've met...

John Barrowman - book signing

Billie Piper - book signing

Ali Bastian - when I went to see a theatre show she was in

I was on the same ferry as Alan Titchmarsh once... XD

I went on a tour of the BBC studios, and it was during strictly come dancing so I saw loads of professional dancers. I love strictly :)

I saw...

Matthew Cutler (ran past!)

Brendan Cole (he was having picture taken but he went before I had a pic with him!)

Chris Hollins (not a pro but he won strictly that year :) )

Brian Fortuna (LOVE him but he was getting a coffee and we weren't allowed to go over to him :( )

Len Goodman (I have a pic of me and my friends with him...i'll try and find it :D )

Ricky Whittle (he waved at me, even though he was filming for Strictly!)

and I sort of met Gok Wan, Paloma Faith, Kellan Lutz, Booboo Stewart and Alex Meraz at the Eclipse Premiere (and saw Ashley Greene from a distance - so gutted she didn't come over!!! :( :( )

I have pics of me with Billie Piper, John Barrowman, Ali Bastian and Len Goodman if anyone wants to see :D

My mum met Orlando Bloom once...

The most famous person from a convention is probably Jamie Campbell Bower :D:o but after October it will be Peter Facinelli :)

Edited by HohoCullen

I met the queen when I was a kid I gave her flowers :)

And I met sir Ian when he was in theatre here in a coffee shop and he paid for my cup of tea cause I was upset my grandad had just died, he's a gent .

* Slash. (I met him before a Velvet Revolver gig in Glasgow, alongside Duff MacKagen and Matt Sorum. I was helping out with a charity signing.)

I am officially jealous!!

I went on a tour of the BBC studios, and it was during strictly come dancing so I saw loads of professional dancers. I love strictly :)

I saw...

Matthew Cutler (ran past!)

Once again, I am officially jealous!! :o