Cosplay

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally I adapt an existing pattern. A couple of weeks ago I made Amy's nightie from The Beast Below and that took quite a bit of altering to get it the same. I do know some people who make things without patterns though (I'm not that confident yet, although last year I did throw an Alice Kingsley dress together without one).

OKay, cheers ^^

I hav e avague plan in my head now - it won't be accurate in ANY sense of the word but it's feasivble for my kills and budget, and hopefully it'll be evocative of Idris enough :unsure:

Generally I adapt an existing pattern. A couple of weeks ago I made Amy's nightie from The Beast Below and that took quite a bit of altering to get it the same. I do know some people who make things without patterns though (I'm not that confident yet, although last year I did throw an Alice Kingsley dress together without one).

OKay, cheers ^^

I hav e avague plan in my head now - it won't be accurate in ANY sense of the word but it's feasivble for my kills and budget, and hopefully it'll be evocative of Idris enough :P

I'm sure it'll be awesome! :-D

I'll be Rory from either TIA/DOTM or The Doctor's Wife or The Eleventh Hour... My first comic con too. Can't wait for the photoshoot with Mrs. Pond...

YAY. RORY. :WAVE:

There will be a billion +1 Pond's I believe! :WAVE:

I must find you and get a photo. Hehe. :)

(My current Saturday plan is Kissogram!Amy... but that may/will most likely change)

That's my only worry- being grabbed for too many Amy and Rory shoots :D

Really excited!!!!

As there will be a lot of Amy's I'm sure you will be in demand for photos... but that is a good thing, you'll love it I promise!

There if no such thing as too many Amy and Rory photo opportunities. :P Hehe :WAVE:

As long as I can assemble him in time! Going on a shirt hunt and then i'm done! Either this or TDW...

i dont know if i'm going to be able to come now. all my friends have bailed on me and i have no one to go with :l sucker punchers you are one babydoll down im afraid :(

Just come anyhow, I found out that (most of) the visitors won't bite. Just prove your friends wrong, have a good time with new friends and show them afterwards what they missed.

(been there on myself few times)

i dont know if i'm going to be able to come now. all my friends have bailed on me and i have no one to go with :l sucker punchers you are one babydoll down im afraid :angry:

Just come anyhow, I found out that (most of) the visitors won't bite. Just prove your friends wrong, have a good time with new friends and show them afterwards what they missed.

What tartarus said. You should come anyway.

i dont know if i'm going to be able to come now. all my friends have bailed on me and i have no one to go with :l sucker punchers you are one babydoll down im afraid :blush:

What tartarus said. You should come anyway.

Agreed. come anyway, you meet so many new people! I'll be Isabella from Dragonage 2, if you get too lonely/afraid to talk come say hello ^^,

I keep changing my mind for this but I have now decided on doing Angelica from Pirates of the Caribbean if I can get the outfit perfect on time!

If you get it done on time I'd love to see it! :blush: Nice to see Pirates 4 cosplayers out there already! XD

--------

As for me.. I was going to be cosplaying Ruby from season 3 of Supernatural but I cant get hold of a dirt cheap faux red leather jacket... so it's back to the drawing board for the sunday costume for me XD I was going to do Ariel's mermaid form but I dont fancy finding out what the hire fee is for wheelchairs to use for the day as I'm a masochist and HAVE to have it accurate and non walkable XD so... hmmmmm what to do.. what to do...

thanks :-) I've started to get bits together so fingers crossed it all goes to plan!

ooh I love your Ruby idea! that will be amazing!

aw you guys are all so sweet! thankyou so much :)

its just the fact i have two tickets and i would love someone to come with me on the train too :( harldy any of my friends are into this stuff so, i dont know yet. well, i have about 2 months to find someone, hopefully i will ;) if not, i might brave it on my own :)

aw you guys are all so sweet! thankyou so much :)

its just the fact i have two tickets and i would love someone to come with me on the train too :D harldy any of my friends are into this stuff so, i dont know yet. well, i have about 2 months to find someone, hopefully i will :D if not, i might brave it on my own :)

where are you coming from? come anyway!!

I'm thinking if i can find the base dress of doing Ariel's blue glittery gown from the end of the end of the film on the sunday of this. Or re bring out a past Ariel variant like either her rags or nightgown XD So not sure though.

I wanna do her mermaid form but refuse to pay the hire fees of a wheelchair XD

Does anyone know where I can find a Dr. Horrible-type labcoat for a reasonable price?

I already have a decent pair of goggles, boots and gloves. It's just that the coat I ordered looks a bit naff and papery.

Help will be much obliged :)

I can't remember Dr Horribles exact style, but these chaps have some variety at a reasonable price..

http://www.foodsafetydirect.co.uk/acatalog...CFQEY4QodwTwFSA

I'm excited for this event too for my disney group I have organised for the saturday and now I've finished my Ariel wedding gown cosplay which will be debuted this weekend, I'm even more excited for this group as i can wear it again and with my Prince Eric!! ;)

I'm excited for this event too for my disney group I have organised for the saturday and now I've finished my Ariel wedding gown cosplay which will be debuted this weekend, I'm even more excited for this group as i can wear it again and with my Prince Eric!! :lol:

OMG a full disney group?? I may in fact have a giggle fit!

I'm excited for this event too for my disney group I have organised for the saturday and now I've finished my Ariel wedding gown cosplay which will be debuted this weekend, I'm even more excited for this group as i can wear it again and with my Prince Eric!! :D

Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?? XD! And yes... I got a disney group organised..so far there are 12 definite people including myself and 2 people are maybe's for whatever reason :YAHOO:! It's nothing on the 18 people that are in a disney group for this weekend's event though! But hopefully we can get more people involved as we definitely need more of the princes/heroes in the group! We're only about 4 people away from having all the princesses in the group!

i dont know if i'm going to be able to come now. all my friends have bailed on me and i have no one to go with :l sucker punchers you are one babydoll down im afraid :lol:

You should still go i am in the same situation i normally come with my brother but he pulled out so im left coming on my own but im not worried i will still have a good time :)

as for cosplaying im a bit aprehensive about it but i think i will do it for next year and i already know who i am dressing as,

but i cant make nothing my self so i am going to shell out to buy the costume ect.

If i had been in my new job sooner i would have done it this year but i just dont have the funds to get it all for this year.

I'm excited for this event too for my disney group I have organised for the saturday and now I've finished my Ariel wedding gown cosplay which will be debuted this weekend, I'm even more excited for this group as i can wear it again and with my Prince Eric!! :blink:

Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?? XD! And yes... I got a disney group organised..so far there are 12 definite people including myself and 2 people are maybe's for whatever reason :P! It's nothing on the 18 people that are in a disney group for this weekend's event though! But hopefully we can get more people involved as we definitely need more of the princes/heroes in the group! We're only about 4 people away from having all the princesses in the group!

I'd love to go as Clopin some time. :dance:

I'm excited for this event too for my disney group I have organised for the saturday and now I've finished my Ariel wedding gown cosplay which will be debuted this weekend, I'm even more excited for this group as i can wear it again and with my Prince Eric!! :angry:

Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?? XD! And yes... I got a disney group organised..so far there are 12 definite people including myself and 2 people are maybe's for whatever reason :WINCE:! It's nothing on the 18 people that are in a disney group for this weekend's event though! But hopefully we can get more people involved as we definitely need more of the princes/heroes in the group! We're only about 4 people away from having all the princesses in the group!

GOD that would be amazing (and good way, btw) who do you need??

I'm cosplaying Idris.

This is mainly because I already have clothes that will pass for her corset and shirts. I also have a massive piece of turquoise taffetta and a load of bits of net and lace that will be perfect to make the outer skirt from.

Please wish me and my mum luck with this!

:angry::angry: