Cosplay

I'm cosplaying Idris.

This is mainly because I already have clothes that will pass for her corset and shirts. I also have a massive piece of turquoise taffetta and a load of bits of net and lace that will be perfect to make the outer skirt from.

Please wish me and my mum luck with this!

:D:dance:

OMG that's awesome Laura! :YAHOO: What day are you planning on wearing it? Hopefully Saturday so I can see you hehe!

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cosplaying Idris.

This is mainly because I already have clothes that will pass for her corset and shirts. I also have a massive piece of turquoise taffetta and a load of bits of net and lace that will be perfect to make the outer skirt from.

Please wish me and my mum luck with this!

:D:YAHOO:

OMG that's awesome Laura! :YAHOO: What day are you planning on wearing it? Hopefully Saturday so I can see you hehe!

I'll be wearing it on Saturday, yes :dance: I'm going to the Friday preview, but Saturday's the only full day I'm going, so I'll try to make sure I see you!

Edited by laurab1

I'm excited for this event too for my disney group I have organised for the saturday and now I've finished my Ariel wedding gown cosplay which will be debuted this weekend, I'm even more excited for this group as i can wear it again and with my Prince Eric!! :D

OMG a full disney group?? I may in fact have a giggle fit!

Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?? XD! And yes... I got a disney group organised..so far there are 12 definite people including myself and 2 people are maybe's for whatever reason :YAHOO:! It's nothing on the 18 people that are in a disney group for this weekend's event though! But hopefully we can get more people involved as we definitely need more of the princes/heroes in the group! We're only about 4 people away from having all the princesses in the group!

GOD that would be amazing (and good way, btw) who do you need??

XD! YAY!! I was scared you meant in a bad way for a moment XD!

We still need:

GUYS:

The Prince from Snow White

Prince Charming from cinderella

Beast/Prince Adam from beauty and the beast (well duh lol)

Hercules

Tarzan

Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty

Li Shang from Mulan

Prince Naveen from Princess and the frog

GIRLS:

Jane Porter from Tarzan

Kida from Atlantis

Jasmine

Cinderella

We're also not complaining if we get any villains XD The more the merrier really! But the list I gave you of free spaces is a good basis to start with XD

Edited by FuriePhoenix

I'm excited for this event too for my disney group I have organised for the saturday and now I've finished my Ariel wedding gown cosplay which will be debuted this weekend, I'm even more excited for this group as i can wear it again and with my Prince Eric!! :D

OMG a full disney group?? I may in fact have a giggle fit!

Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?? XD! And yes... I got a disney group organised..so far there are 12 definite people including myself and 2 people are maybe's for whatever reason :YAHOO:! It's nothing on the 18 people that are in a disney group for this weekend's event though! But hopefully we can get more people involved as we definitely need more of the princes/heroes in the group! We're only about 4 people away from having all the princesses in the group!

GOD that would be amazing (and good way, btw) who do you need??

I'm making Kida but the twisted version and sadly not for LFACC as my days are already full for that. :dance: though thinknig about doing Twisted Kida at next years LFACC

XD! YAY!! I was scared you meant in a bad way for a moment XD!

We still need:

GUYS:

The Prince from Snow White

Prince Charming from cinderella

Beast/Prince Adam from beauty and the beast (well duh lol)

Hercules

Tarzan

Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty

Li Shang from Mulan

Prince Naveen from Princess and the frog

GIRLS:

Jane Porter from Tarzan

Kida from Atlantis

Jasmine

Cinderella

We're also not complaining if we get any villains XD The more the merrier really! But the list I gave you of free spaces is a good basis to start with XD

I'm doing Twisted Kida, but sadly not at this convention. I'm thinking about doing her for next years LFACC tho

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Probably will be Cosplaying as Hermione/Ginny, depending on what my hair colour is like on the day! But omg I saw some cosplaying today, and saw a severe lack of Sucker Punch representation which makes me want to invest in a Baby Doll costume or something!

I've decided to cosplay as Amy Pond, which considering Karen is going...probably won't be original, but hey-ho. xD No-one I'm going with is cosplaying as far as I know, but I'm fine with that. :blush: I'm excited. ^.^

Which outfit are you doing? ('Cause I'm nosy and have to ask lol.)

I've decided to cosplay as Amy Pond, which considering Karen is going...probably won't be original, but hey-ho. xD No-one I'm going with is cosplaying as far as I know, but I'm fine with that. :P I'm excited. ^.^

Which outfit are you doing? ('Cause I'm nosy and have to ask lol.)

Not 100% sure yet, I have a few ideas, I'm working on it right now though. ^^ Oh, I've not actually cosplayed before, other than for the parties at full weekend cons, so I'm pretty much a cosplaying noob...

Edited by Buffy Lover

I've got most of my Madame Gorski stuff from ebay now, I just have to work out how to modify the shirt to make it right and get an exchange on the corset as it's too small. :-/

I've gotta check that my Batwoman costume still fits well but it should and then I need to find time to make an alteration to my Jessica Rabbit dress.

And also help my girlfriend with her Rocket costume which is gonna be the toughest.

Better get cracking!

Does anyone want to set up a certain time and location for a Sucker Punch shoot? I'm only going to be wearing Gorski for the first half of the day and I don't know where would be a good spot for group shots so if anyone has any idea we can set up something and make sure people know about it. :-)

After a mad weekend of sewing, we have Idris' bodice (turquoise taffeta), outer skirt (turquoise taffeta) and hip scarf (dark blue upholstery fabric) all half made.

I've made some tassles for the plaited part on the hip scarf, and there's bits of net and lace sitting in some dye, overnight. The bodice and outer skirt need finishing off, the ties and tassles need attaching to the hip scarf and then plaiting, the hopefully ending up blue lace overlay needs some ribbon or elastic to almost join it together, and some blue net needs attaching to a summer skirt, to make it into a petticoat.

The ivory lace shrug I bought on ebay, apart from tying ribbons round the wrists on the day, is is the only thing that needs nothing doing to it.

:D:YAHOO::P

Edited by laurab1

ok so the main site is useless on any information about the cosplay zone unless i cant find it if people can help me out twith the details like what alowed and whats not and how do i ne in the parade and if i need my own music? and stuff like that thanks :)

Well I've bought a new wig to thicken my curent wig for Ariel and will be doing some edits to my wedding gown after the first wear this weekend. But I'd thought I'd share a photo of it to you all! I'm so excited for LFCC and my disney group! ;) I'm pretty much decided on doing her mermaid form on the sunday- now.. if only i could find a Jack Sparrow cosplayer to enter the masquerade with LOL!

P5290162.jpg

Bodice for Rapunzel dress is almost done just waiting for some last little bits in the post to finish it off then to just add the skirt ;)

Ooh looking forward to seeing your Rapunzel!! What day are you wearing her? If on the saturday I have a group organised and wondered if you'd like to join us? We dont have a Rapunzel

ok so the main site is useless on any information about the cosplay zone unless i cant find it if people can help me out twith the details like what alowed and whats not and how do i ne in the parade and if i need my own music? and stuff like that thanks :)

Very hidden away, but you can find some Cosplay information here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=49064

Hope that helps! :)

When I crewed on the cosplay desk a while ago, though, there were (if I remember correctly) people who just entered on the day. And pretty sure you do need to provide the song yourself. I don't know if pre-registration for the masquerade is happening like that any more, as I first read the link above around Collectormania London (2009) time!

Very hidden away, but you can find some Cosplay information here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=49064

Hope that helps! :)

When I crewed on the cosplay desk a while ago, though, there were (if I remember correctly) people who just entered on the day. And pretty sure you do need to provide the song yourself. I don't know if pre-registration for the masquerade is happening like that any more, as I first read the link above around Collectormania London (2009) time!

Also, hover your mouse over the ends of the sentences here:

cosplay page

The links will appear.

Hope the registrations and forms get put up soon as I know I'll pretty much definitely be going into with my disney group n the saturday but I wanna get the info and forms before really planning everything with my group! :D

Talking of masquerade and skits... are there any Jack Sparrow cosplayers attending on the SUNDAY as I have this epic comedy ArielxJack Sparrow skit in my head that I wanna do and wondered if any good jack sparrow cosplayers would be up for it ^_^