Cosplay

Just to confirm, registration forms go up this weekend. Sorry for the delay, we've been having a change-over of cosplay-head, but everything should be on the ball again very shortly!

Do you have to register to turn up in costume, or just to take part in the competitions?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to confirm, registration forms go up this weekend. Sorry for the delay, we've been having a change-over of cosplay-head, but everything should be on the ball again very shortly!

Awesome, will have to hurriedly get stuff pre recorded then lol dammit... lol

Oooh, since people are mentioning the changing rooms I've been meaning to ask..

I've used the changing room's here before but they have no mirrors so to be sure I had everything on right I had to get my gf to take a picture of me and look at it. lol I then heard some people had gotten changed in the toilets and done make-up etc as they prefered that to the changing rooms.

Opinions anyone? I'll be changing from Madame Gorski to Batwoman halfway through saturday which isn't too complicated but a mirror and some space would be helpful.

:D

Oooh, since people are mentioning the changing rooms I've been meaning to ask..

I've used the changing room's here before but they have no mirrors so to be sure I had everything on right I had to get my gf to take a picture of me and look at it. lol I then heard some people had gotten changed in the toilets and done make-up etc as they prefered that to the changing rooms.

Opinions anyone? I'll be changing from Madame Gorski to Batwoman halfway through saturday which isn't too complicated but a mirror and some space would be helpful.

:gorgeous:

"Comparing notes" en masse, checking you're OK, checking other girls are OK etc sounds better to me.

aw thank you for your help. So when are the registration forms being put up and where will they be put up to. I dont wanna miss out on it :)

I'm going all on my lonesome i think :(

I've already submiited. Oops

I might have been too quick off the mark and used the old ones.... :cylon:

I got my new wig and fabric yesterday and today for Ariel so now I gotta make my sunday ariel, thicken the wig, record my lines for my sunday skit and register for a place for my saturday group and sunday skit! Gonna be a busy week for me!

I saw the first preview night of Emperor & Galilean at the National Theatre Last night - I'm going to do Julian's first battle costume for LFCC. I'd rather do his gold coat from the second act but I'll need help to make that so it'll have to wait :YAHOO:

Hi All!

First off, apologies for the delay in getting the new rules/information topic and application forms up. You can now download and email us the Masquerade, Skit-Show and Talent-Show application forms here.

With that out of the way, a quick (re)introduction is in order! No, I am not the new cosplay co-ordinator (she will be making an appearance shortly!) - I am the Fan-Zone Co-Ordinator for London Film and Comic Con. This means that I work for Showmasters to help co-ordinate the Cosplay, Video Gaming, Anime, J-Culture and Artist-Alley Zones as well as help put together the information and publicity materials related to these areas. These areas also all share the 2nd stage for talks and panels related to these activities. At the show you will most likely find me helping to co-ordinate activities on the 2nd stage.

Any problems, ideas or suggestions for these areas, it is best to contact me via email on mtowers1982@yahoo.co.uk.

We shall be putting up a topic for the cosplay zone in the next few days. I won't give anything away yet, other than to say you really will not be disappointed by the sheer amount of cosplay-related activities and events that LFCC has planned for you all. Let's just say it's noticeably more than previous years.

~ Mike

Edited by FreeSaiyan

Hi All!

First off, apologies for the delay in getting the new rules/information topic and application forms up. You can now download and email us the Masquerade, Skit-Show and Talent-Show application forms here.

With that out of the way, a quick (re)introduction is in order! No, I am not the new cosplay co-ordinator (she will be making an appearance shortly!) - I am the Fan-Zone Co-Ordinator for London Film and Comic Con. This means that I work for Showmasters to help co-ordinate the Cosplay, Video Gaming, Anime, J-Culture and Artist-Alley Zones as well as help put together the information and publicity materials related to these areas. These areas also all share the 2nd stage for talks and panels related to these activities. At the show you will most likely find me helping to co-ordinate activities on the 2nd stage.

Any problems, ideas or suggestions for these areas, it is best to contact me via email on mtowers1982@yahoo.co.uk.

We shall be putting up a topic for the cosplay zone in the next few days. I won't give anything away yet, other than to say you really will not be disappointed by the sheer amount of cosplay-related activities and events that LFCC has planned for you all. Let's just say it's noticeably more than previous years.

~ Mike

Just a quick question... does all pre recorded audio have to be on windows media player? Because I only have a mac laptop and dont have windows media player. But I do have Audacity on my mac...

What file formats can you create it in? If it's something generic such as a MP3 or Wav file then that'd be no problem. If it's something quirky that can only be played on a Mac, then that'd be a no-go.

Just a quick question... does all pre recorded audio have to be on windows media player? Because I only have a mac laptop and dont have windows media player. But I do have Audacity on my mac...

What file formats can you create it in? If it's something generic such as a MP3 or Wav file then that'd be no problem. If it's something quirky that can only be played on a Mac, then that'd be a no-go.

Okay thanks for the info, My skit partner is gonna try who has windows, but Audacity does files in .auc or something? You have to import the files to play on other media programmes. But if my skit partner can get it done on his windows computer then it should be fine.

Okay thanks for the info, My skit partner is gonna try who has windows, but Audacity does files in .auc or something? You have to import the files to play on other media programmes. But if my skit partner can get it done on his windows computer then it should be fine.
As TurkFox has mentioned you can save files as WAV or MP3. In the File menu select 'Export to...' either WAV or MP3.

To enable the MP3 option, follow the instructions here http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s...p;item=lame-mp3

Is there a deadline for applying for the masquerade?

As photoshoots and talks could end up clashing and we dont have the times for these yet

Also, How long should the audio be?

And if I'm entering to win a prize, would this be done with both costumes (As I'm planning to do the masquerade with another cosplayer) or will they be judged individually?

Thanks

Edited by ToriClarkson

Registrations will be taken online up to three days beforehand. Signups will be allowed on the day, provided it's not already full, of which there is no guarantee there - even with almost a month to go, Saturday Masquerade is already over 25% full. How to signup online can be found here.

Is there a deadline for applying for the masquerade?

As photoshoots and talks could end up clashing and we dont have the times for these yet

Thanks

Additionally, we would encourage people to start using the Cosplay forum a lot more in the future. It is an excellent place to organise a cosplay group or to keep us updated on your latest cosplay for event x or y. We will promote groups which are posted up in there, so there's a big incentive to get involved.

Registrations will be taken online up to three days beforehand. Signups will be allowed on the day, provided it's not already full, of which there is no guarantee there - even with almost a month to go, Saturday Masquerade is already over 25% full. How to signup online can be found here.

I'm trying to sort out the form now, but as I said it's not helpful having none of the photoshoot or talk times, as I may sign up to one day and find out I can't make it.

I really want to take part as my outfit has taken alot of time, but I am however not going to miss for example, Karens or Alex's talk for this.

I think it was a very bad idea to announce this before anyone knew what times they were busy during the weekend.

I think it was a very bad idea to announce this before anyone knew what times they were busy during the weekend.

At the least, I can confirm that 2nd stage timetable is available here. I wouldn't know about the other areas.

You are of course more than welcome to submit your masquerade registration now, and email us to cancel it later on when you know the times.

Edited by FreeSaiyan

At the least, I can confirm that 2nd stage timetable is available here. I wouldn't know about the other areas.

You are of course more than welcome to submit your masquerade registration now, and email us to cancel it later on when you know the times.

Would I then submit my outfit for both days, and then let you know which I am planning to do once the timetables are up?

Would I then submit my outfit for both days, and then let you know which I am planning to do once the timetables are up?

That would be fine, as long as you make sure to email us to make us aware.

That would be fine, as long as you make sure to email us to make us aware.

Thank you for your help

Ariel's mermaid tail is on it's way to being completed- just need to wait for the thread to arrive so I can sew it all together woo!

-------------------

I've sent off my form for the cosplay skit for the sunday, I didn't see a place on the form to write which day it was for, and I forgot to mention it in my original email so I emailed twice- hope this is okay!

Audio will be sent over shortly too lol