Cosplay

The Ariel costume looks amazing; especially the hair. Sadly, I won't be there on the Sunday to get a photo and find out how you plan to move around in it lol. Maybe if the shells are on tightly enough you could treat it like a sack race and hop. :P

Edited by yellowmarlin

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P6160182.jpg

Wonderful Ariel costume!

(And I've been meaning to join CI for ages, I really should.)

I might go upload some pictures I took of my unfinished Madame Gorski costume and my Batwoman and Jessica Rabbit as I'm enjoying the sharing. (I'll also go post them in the cosplay forum as I know SM's are encouraging that. ;-) )

Just thought I'd share my progress:

I'm currently putting together Madame Gorski from Sucker Punch (to go with my gf's Rocket costume that I'm helping make but have no pictures of).

I'm doing this outfit:

sucker-punch-madam-gorski.jpg

I've still got to add the strapping details and the pocket watch to the front of the corset but after ripping the collar from a charity shop shirt and sewing it onto an shirt that had no collar, I capped the sleeves and it's looking good.

DSCF4895.jpg

DSCF4897.jpg

Of course the hair isn't right in those pics and I don't have the make-up on but it was just a test.

I'll also be pulling out my Batwoman costume that I first wore 2 years ago because I love it.

Bat1.jpg

Then sunday I should be wearing my Jessica Rabbit costume, which I haven't had a chance to wear yet. (Again, I have no make-up on in this pic, I was just trying the dress on.)

DSCF4313.jpg

I need to sort out the bust-line as I modified the dress from a bought one and it really wasn't well-made.

Getting excited! :P

Costumes are looking fantastic, folks!

I''ve just finished painting my armour, adding straps and changing gloves/boots for Isabela DA2, just waiting for a back strap thing for my daggers to come, modify the shirt accordingly et voila! Isabela will be ready! (Catwoman has ben ready for months ^^,)

My boyfriend is coming as a warhammer empire priest of sigma, and a friend is coming as Zatanna. Just to add variety to the suckerpunch/Amy Ponds (both of which I am looking forward to seeing)

Vamp_Rouge

LisaMarie

ToriClarkson

FuriePhoenix

You all look awesome, ladies!

:gorgeous:

I've got pics of my Idris costume in these posts on my LJ:

http://laurab1.livejournal.com/571732.html

http://laurab1.livejournal.com/572224.html

And I was coming as TPO/TBB River Song for Sunday, but last night, I was hit by the mad urge to do Frost Fair for her birthday River on Sunday, now. A skirt's on its way, I need to get a jacket, and I can add the stripes with the glitter pens I bought for the Idris top/corset.

Edited by laurab1

Okay folks! We're starting to see some cosplay group topics being made in the Cosplay forum.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=53

Make sure to check them out, and of course feel free to make your own cosplay group topic. Just make sure you tag the title with the event it's for. So since this is London Film and Comic Con you put [LFCC] in the title.

Any questions, ask away. See you over in the cosplay section!

Edited by Animeleague

Thanks guys and gals!!! I finally put the waist fin in the tail today which is stupidly delicate! lol! As for the question about how I'm gonna move in it: I'm gonna try and hire out a wheelchair from earls court 2 for it- because hopping around in it is really hard and hurts my legs- and it bends the bottom fins all out of shape. XD If i cant hire a wheelchair then I'll hunt down a invisible zip ASAP and put it in at the bottom so i can have it unzipped and walk around, and just zip it up for photos/skit. :YAHOO:

Vamp_Rouge your costumes all look fantastic!!

Is anyone else like really excited for debuting their costumes at this LFCC like I am?

Thanks guys and gals!!! I finally put the waist fin in the tail today which is stupidly delicate! lol! As for the question about how I'm gonna move in it: I'm gonna try and hire out a wheelchair from earls court 2 for it- because hopping around in it is really hard and hurts my legs- and it bends the bottom fins all out of shape. XD If i cant hire a wheelchair then I'll hunt down a invisible zip ASAP and put it in at the bottom so i can have it unzipped and walk around, and just zip it up for photos/skit. :YAHOO:

Is anyone else like really excited for debuting their costumes at this LFCC like I am?

It'll be my first time cosplaying anything that isn't Harley Quinn, so yeah, I'm pretty excited, though I seem to be going from one extreme to the other- on Saturday I'll be Isabela from Dragon age 2 who wears little, but on Sunday I'll be Catwoman, so I'll be roasting!!

It'll be my first time cosplaying anything that isn't Harley Quinn, so yeah, I'm pretty excited, though I seem to be going from one extreme to the other- on Saturday I'll be Isabela from Dragon age 2 who wears little, but on Sunday I'll be Catwoman, so I'll be roasting!!

Oh no, would have been great if you'd been Harley as I'm planning on doing Ivy for a bit!

Essentially I have no time between exams finishing and LFCC in which to finish my Wonder Woman costume so I won't be able to do it :o but I'm going to whack out my Poison Ivy, and hopefully have time to make an accurate bottom-half by then!.

poison_ivy_by_bewarethepossums-d36ih2p.png

Hmm not sure how to make that picture smaller, sorry guys :D

Oh no, would have been great if you'd been Harley as I'm planning on doing Ivy for a bit!

Essentially I have no time between exams finishing and LFCC in which to finish my Wonder Woman costume so I won't be able to do it :( but I'm going to whack out my Poison Ivy, and hopefully have time to make an accurate bottom-half by then!.

Hmm not sure how to make that picture smaller, sorry guys :D

Well it looks amazing, and I'm sure there'll be a Harley somewhere. If we catch up with one and I'm in Catwoman and you're in Ivy, we can totally have a Gotham City Sirens photo!

Essentially I have no time between exams finishing and LFCC in which to finish my Wonder Woman costume so I won't be able to do it :( but I'm going to whack out my Poison Ivy, and hopefully have time to make an accurate bottom-half by then!.

Hmm not sure how to make that picture smaller, sorry guys :o

Well it looks amazing, and I'm sure there'll be a Harley somewhere. If we catch up with one and I'm in Catwoman and you're in Ivy, we can totally have a Gotham City Sirens photo!

That would be amazing! We'll definitely have to get a photo together as Catwoman/Ivy anyway too :D

I really, really wanted to go as Mr Tony Stark in the suit, but unfortunatly due to money and time restrictions I only ended up with this!

facemask.jpg

But getting the suit hopefully in the next week so I can just go as regular Stark. Failing that Captain America if I can get some suit for that!

Loving the Ariel and shame its a Sunday Special as I'm only attending Saturday but shall definitely be going all 3 days next year with planning lmao.

I'll no doubt be Amy Pond all weekend lol.

Seeing as I have 8 costumes already, there's no doubt I'll have more by then.

I keep a look out for Amy then lol

Essentially I have no time between exams finishing and LFCC in which to finish my Wonder Woman costume so I won't be able to do it :D but I'm going to whack out my Poison Ivy, and hopefully have time to make an accurate bottom-half by then!.

Hmm not sure how to make that picture smaller, sorry guys :thumbup:

Essentially I have no time between exams finishing and LFCC in which to finish my Wonder Woman costume so I won't be able to do it :YAHOO: but I'm going to whack out my Poison Ivy, and hopefully have time to make an accurate bottom-half by then!.

Hmm not sure how to make that picture smaller, sorry guys :lol:

Looks amazing hope to see you there

That would be amazing! We'll definitely have to get a photo together as Catwoman/Ivy anyway too :D

Oh, totally. I'll be doing Michelle Pfeiffer's catwoman on sunday, but its a catwoman ^^,

I'm trying to express this politely but, if I fail, please know that no offence is intended.:YAHOO:

When you're cosplaying, is the attention you get annoying, or part of the reason you do it?

I think its all part of the fun, personally. For me, I don't do it only for the attention, I do it to show my devotion to a character I love and to meet similar minded people, and generally have fun, but the photos and attention is all part of the fun! but thats just me ^^,

I'm trying to express this politely but, if I fail, please know that no offence is intended.:YAHOO:

When you're cosplaying, is the attention you get annoying, or part of the reason you do it?

I think its all part of the fun, personally. For me, I don't do it only for the attention, I do it to show my devotion to a character I love and to meet similar minded people, and generally have fun, but the photos and attention is all part of the fun! but thats just me ^^,

Thank you. The reason I ask is, for the first time in my life, I put a bit of effort into a costume for Hallowhedon 2 last October and was astonished at the number of photo requests I got. If I'm honest, I loved the attention, which is quite out of character for me. :smile:

I'd love to get my photo taken with a few of the Batman villainesses, but I didn't want to just assume that all cosplayers would welcome the attention. Anyway, it sounds like you're all wearing those costumes on the Sunday, so I'll miss out, as I'm only at LFCC on the Saturday. :D

I'm trying to express this politely but, if I fail, please know that no offence is intended.:P

Thank you. The reason I ask is, for the first time in my life, I put a bit of effort into a costume for Hallowhedon 2 last October and was astonished at the number of photo requests I got. If I'm honest, I loved the attention, which is quite out of character for me. :o

I'd love to get my photo taken with a few of the Batman villainesses, but I didn't want to just assume that all cosplayers would welcome the attention. Anyway, it sounds like you're all wearing those costumes on the Sunday, so I'll miss out, as I'm only at LFCC on the Saturday. :WINCE:

I agree with what Nerdpower said... it's mainly for the love of the character or whatever it is they came from be it tv/comic/film/book etc. And, I find that by cosplaying a certain character it leads me to love that character even more, I get kinda attached. :P But, if I've put a lot of effort into making my costume as good as I possibly can, the attention is a nice way that that hard work is appreciated. :)

I never have a problem with people wanted photos of me if I'm in costume... To me that kinda comes with cosplaying! Hehe.

Okay, there's so many posts in this thread I want to reply to and I'm pushed for time right now so I'm just gonna do a big quote and reply splurg. lol

Vamp_Rouge

LisaMarie

ToriClarkson

FuriePhoenix

You all look awesome, ladies!

I've got pics of my Idris costume in these posts on my LJ:

http://laurab1.livejournal.com/571732.html

http://laurab1.livejournal.com/572224.html

Thank you muchly! And Yay LJ user! :dance:

@Vamp_Rouge...I honestly thought that was Karen Gillan modelling the first costume initially!

lol I get that A LOT. My friend actually calls me Pond. So many people have asked me to cosplay her but I only started watching Dr Who recently and I like to do characters that are personal to me. I'm actually kind of glad I'll be in other costumes all weekend because if I walked around in plain clothes people might think I'm Karen! I hate saying that as I don't mean it to sound big-headed, I just say it because I get lots of people tell me I look like her. I actually entered a photo competition online where I had to submit a headshot and I just picked a random holiday photo and someone posted that 'The girl on the left (me) looks like Amy Pond.' then I came here and saw your post. lol Not a bad person to be told you look like, though. :P

Okay folks! We're starting to see some cosplay group topics being made in the Cosplay forum.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=53

Make sure to check them out.

Yes, please do! I'm trying to set up a Sucker Punch group for the saturday morning/early afternoon and I even if you're not cosplaying, if you like taking photographs help us come up with a location and exact time!

Thank you! And yes, very excited. Also running out of time! Eeek!

Awe, I love Harley. And Ivy. I need to make my Ivy costume better and wear her more often.

You are SUCH a cute Ivy. Even without the accurate bottom half I like the way that costume looks. :o Ivy's my gal, I've loved her since I was a kid, in the animated series, film, comic and game versions.

If you girls do the Catwoman stuff, please let me see this :YAHOO:

Also, if I see any of you around would it be cool to grab a picture with you?

I don't know if my Batwoman is included in this but so, of course.

I'm trying to express this politely but, if I fail, please know that no offence is intended.:P

I wouldn't say its the reason I do it as in general life I'm pretty shy. Friends always tell me I should be a model and go for competitions but I generally shy away from that. BUT, in cosplay, I do love it when people ask for pictures. I think it's like the others have said, it's a nice way to feel your effort is appreciated. I cosplay because I love the characters and dressing as them is a way to express that. So it's very fun when you're cosplaying a character not many people know and then someone comes up to you going "Eee! You're *insert character name here* That's Awesome!". I love it when I see other people in costume as characters I love so of course I like it when I'm in a costume that someone appreciates. :YAHOO:

I'd love to get my photo taken with a few of the Batman villainesses, but I didn't want to just assume that all cosplayers would welcome the attention. Anyway, it sounds like you're all wearing those costumes on the Sunday, so I'll miss out, as I'm only at LFCC on the Saturday. :WINCE:

Well, she's not a Batman villainess but I'll be BatWOMAN on the Saturday afternoon if you see me around.