Important William Shatner info

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's like Rhi said.

Even if you are first in the pay on the day queue you will still have some who prepaid in front of you.

But if you arrive at let's say 7.30 you still have an acceptable place in the Early Bird line, and you do have an advantage over all Standards for sure.

You don't have to pay and then join the end of the other line. I think that's the misunderstanding here.

There's two separate early bird ticket lines, one for attendees who have prepaid (those go straight in) and the pay on the day line, which go in the building, stop at the ticket office to pay, and then go in.

Just look for the mass of people lol The busy guests VQ people get pretty much mobbed.

And at this point I will say to everyone, if you get a VQ ticket for a busy guest, get the hell out of there for a bit to give everyone (mainly the crew) some room to do their stuff :poki:

Ugh, that inital rush for the VTs is SCARY. There was a literal stampede for the Heroes guests a couple of years ago - the likes of which I've never seen since, thank God - and it wasn't fun at all. Probably my least favourite part of the con experience...at least once you've got your tickets you can find somewhere and chill out until it's your turn, but that first rush is totally mad. Dreading the rush for the Shatner tickets. I can imagine it will be quite manic.

TooTall standing in the main aisle and shouting "don't run!" or even yielding a light sabre has lately stopped any stampede before it even begun. :poki:

You got to see it to believe it.

Agreed. Saw this happen with Nimoy last year, TT just started shouting and everytyhing stopped!

TooTall standing in the main aisle and shouting "don't run!" or even yielding a light sabre has lately stopped any stampede before it even begun. :firedevil:

You got to see it to believe it.

TooTall will keep us all in order, yes :D

I've just heard back from the office and it's turned out from an order processing point of view to be a lot easier not to use the colours and stick with the numbers.

So it WILL be number order.

Sorry for the confusion.

Just wondering if the number system will be used for all photoshoots where there might be large(ish) amounts of people lining up?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere

• Moderators

If it has been confirmed that the numbers will be used, then this will definitely be the case for the busiest ones. Those are the ones that need the most organising.

I believe they said they would put things on the wall as well just to further confirm, so no harm in looking just in case.

I think the best way to avoid any stampedes is to have a large projector image of Shatner crooning his way through Rocketman on the wall as people go in. People will be so transfixed by his cocktail lounge delivery and velvet bow tie, they won't be able to run, either that or they might just set up a trip wire by the door this time.

I think the best way to avoid any stampedes is to have a large projector image of Shatner crooning his way through Rocketman on the wall as people go in. People will be so transfixed by his cocktail lounge delivery and velvet bow tie, they won't be able to run, either that or they might just set up a trip wire by the door this time.

:thumbup: Well, your post nearly had me falling off my chair, so the real thing would definately stop the stampede in it's tracks!