New Guest Announcement?

Charlie Aome

Hey All. When i found this event last year in June Nick and James had already been announced. I was just curious about how long i should wait before really itching for a new guest to be announced. I don't wanna be unreasonable obviously so i'm just wondering like about when they think their might be more guests. Just curious is all what people know about the time line of announcements from last time. Thanks!

Hope you all had a great holiday and a Happy New Year!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty difficult to say, I guess it just depends on when SM can work it out with the guests.....

Last time, we had Robia announced right from the off, them when she cancelled Nick was announced in November. Then James wasn't announced until the end of March. And you know the story from after that lol!

So in answer to your question.... No idea lol! :D

• Moderators

They could literally be announced any time. And timelines of announcements never seem to be the same from one event to the next, lol (at least in my experience of the Hub cons).

• Moderators

Yes, any other events (whether the previous Hallowhedon or any) have no reflection on when guests will be announced for this one.

Ticket sales, contract negotiations etc will differ from one event to the next, so they're announced when they're announced.

You should have no expectations :D

Yes, any other events (whether the previous Hallowhedon or any) have no reflection on when guests will be announced for this one.

Ticket sales, contract negotiations etc will differ from one event to the next, so they're announced when they're announced.

You should have no expectations :D

Aaaah, my new years resolution :P

I think it's a bit early to be worrying yet!

lol def not worrying more or less just curious. I'm really excited for this con! just wondering when last time guests were announced and from what El said James wasn't announced until March so i'm thinking Spring-ish we might get another guest. i dunno i'm just really excited!

You should have no expectations :dance:

no expectations just really excited :)

Ooh I was really hoping there may be another announcement soon as I'm still trying to decide whether or not to buy tickets yet?

My major dilemma is that we land at Heathrow after a week in New York on the Friday morning of this con and have booked a night already at the Thistle soooo I had wondered about getting tickets and extending my hotel stay and making a real good holiday of it all..........

Sooo as I'll probably be poor from all that shopping I was just wondering if there was a vague idea of how many more guests and whom they may be so I could look at planning and budgeting for all of this as at the moment it's giving me a headache!!!!????

I totally appreciate that this probably isn't possible yet, but hey it can't hurt to ask now can it!!??

Cheers :D

Hey Clarabell - New york plus Hallowhedon? Sounds awesome!

Doubt anyone will tell you who the guests might be or when they'll be announced but as to how many they'll be, I think they normally aim for around 6. The official line seems to be '4-6 guests'. Last year there was 5 but there would have been 6 if Harry Groener hadn't had to pull out. Hope that's a tiny bit helpful!

• Moderators

Exactly. It's to their benefit to announce guests as they know that's the primary thing that will sell tickets.

However, at the same time, for more guests they need to sell more tickets, so sometimes you need attendees who go for the overall experience and are happy to book on faith or interest in everything else.

So it balances out really, with both sides taking a bit of a risk.

Exactly. It's to their benefit to announce guests as they know that's the primary thing that will sell tickets.

However, at the same time, for more guests they need to sell more tickets, so sometimes you need attendees who go for the overall experience and are happy to book on faith or interest in everything else.

Any other time I'd be more than happy to book just for the one guest alone but with NY hol it's just a little too much of a gamble for me this time, just one more ickle guest and maybe just maybe the credit card will come out of hiding!!!!!!!!

I totally jest of course I fully appreciate it's all down to contracts etc, I'll just have to be patient which is not a common word in my vocabulary!!!!!!!!

Any other time I'd be more than happy to book just for the one guest alone but with NY hol it's just a little too much of a gamble for me this time, just one more ickle guest and maybe just maybe the credit card will come out of hiding!!!!!!!!

I totally jest of course I fully appreciate it's all down to contracts etc, I'll just have to be patient which is not a common word in my vocabulary!!!!!!!!

Well hopefully it works out and u end up joining us for the convention! It's a total blast!! :)

I think it's a bit early to be worrying yet!

theres another event going on like the week after this tho isnt there which has like 5/6 buffy/angel guests already.. so sales for this arent gunna do well if there getting guests and SM arent? x

I just had a look on the web and there a few Buffy/Angel/Dollhouse cons going on in the uk. It seems the Dollhouse con has some good guests, especially Tahmoh Penikett. Just noticed they also have Fran Kranz (please get him!)

Noticed Adam Balwin, Juliet Landau and Clare Kramer are all appearing at some sort of con in the uk so they might be possible to get.

So there are some guest that are doing uk cons. I must admit ASH did sway me and once i get paid at the end of the month i shall be booking my tickets!

Edited by Beccaasp!

I had my fingers crossed for Juliet Landau, but it looks unlikely since she's appearing in the UK a month after Hallowhedon 2. Or maybe she loves hopping between the UK and the US!

*crosses everything anyway*

Can't believe how excited I am already! :whistling:

i hope we get the guest announcements sooner rather than later this year. was a brilliant con last year but guests announced very late in the day and a lot of people missed out on this con as was too late to book flights etc it would be nice if we could have all the guests in place some months b4 the con although i know a few wont commit so early.

Fingers crossed for an announcement soon i would be happy to see any buffy/angel/dollhouse guests.

Edited by buffy2k

Ok so i was on one of my Joss conventions sites and saw another show has announced a lot of Whedon guests. Does that mean we can't get them or it's not possible? and why do they have 4 Joss guests already and we only have 1? i don't mean to be a pain i'm just confused cause i thought it was like really hard to get the guests to these events but it kinda makes me wanna go to that event since they have so many guests already from the Jossverse and have like a year to get tons more. i dunno sorry i don't wanna whine i'm just confused u know?

Edit by QS: Sorry, please don't talk about events by other organisers her. I tried to bent the forum rules as much as possible and edited your post - if you prefer to change it yourself, please do so.

No my bad Queen. Sorry. thanks for editing it for me. i don't mean to offend honest.

Edited by Charlie Aome

I was thinking much the same thing CharlieAome! I think it's still possible to get those guests but very unlikely. Which is a shame cos I love Christian. On the other hand most of them aren't 'major' guests. It is really frustrating though that other companies seem to be a bit more proactive about getting guests!

oh and I'd take down the name of the convention from your post as otherwise it'll get removed :rolleyes: (In fact both of these posts might get deleted anyway!) x

oh and I'd take down the name of the convention from your post as otherwise it'll get removed :WINCE: (In fact both of these posts might get deleted anyway!) x

I was faster than her. :rolleyes:

I am not going to delete these posts (someone may decide differently though) because I think this concern will inevitably come up again sooner or later. But unfortunately I had to edit them, and it would be great if you guys could keep it to that level.

All I can say is that the dates are 4 weeks apart, and it can happen that it's simply easier to get guests for one date over the other. Also SM may be approaching guests which are more hard to get, and those usually can't commit that far in advance, or it takes longer to convince them. I certainly won't say they are not proactive because there's no news. There's always a lot happening behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Edited by Queen_Sindel