The Hub 4 : Northampton, 9th - 11th April 2010

showmasters

I'm so glad I got a Silver ticket this time around, it took a lot of persuading for my parents to even let me go in the first place which is the reason why I couldn't buy one at the event. After proving to them that the hotel wasn't that far from Manchester, it was located in a town centre and not around the time of any important exams, they finally let me book my Silver ticket yesterday and I've paid them for that today so I don't have to worry about anything more at the moment. I will however be booking an extra autograph ticket for Eve Myles so she can sign my massive main cast photo which I started at the event this weekend with Gareth's autograph and of course, we may get a sponsored guest yet so who knows what will happen? :P

Edited by Doctor Who

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have convinced my mum to get me a ticket for Christmas, silver of course :)

All the cool kids are going Silver ;D

Oh well, I decided to go for standard mainly because a) cost and :P I was happy to go for standard and pay for any extra photos I wanted at the time, thus spreading the cost. Also, where I was sitting at this event with my Silver ticket, I was sitting next to Standard tickets anyway. Since I'm Standard 1 I should get pretty much the same seating as the late Silver tickets, so that doesn't bother me too much either.

I'm hoping that I'll have just an awesome a time with Standard as I did with Silver this time. :P

I'm so glad I got a Silver ticket this time around, it took a lot of persuading for my parents to even let me go in the first place which is the reason why I couldn't buy one at the event. After proving to them that the hotel wasn't that far from Manchester, it was located in a town centre and not around the time of any important exams, they finally let me book my Silver ticket yesterday and I've paid them for that today so I don't have to worry about anything more at the moment. I will however be booking an extra autograph ticket for Eve Myles so she can sign my massive main cast photo which I started at the event this weekend with Gareth's autograph and of course, we may get a sponsored guest yet so who knows what will happen? :P

You do mean its near Northampton don't you hun? Not Manchester? Or is it you that's from Manchester?

Sorry If I read it wrong though!:P

Max

I did read it wrong, sorry!!

Edited by Spikesbird

You do mean its near Northampton don't you hun? Not Manchester? Or is it you that's from Manchester?

Max

Yeah, I meant Manchester, don't worry. I was only Standard this time but bought photoshoots with all of the guests anyway. This time I'll be able to get better seating and a group photo of all of the guests together. I'm really looking forward to it and it's a new place for me as I've never been to Northampton before like I had never been to Birmingham before The Hub 3. :P

Edited by Doctor Who

Max

Yeah, I meant Manchester, don't worry. I was only Standard this time but bought photoshoots with all of the guests anyway. This time I'll be able to get better seating and a group photo of all of the guests together. I'm really looking forward to it and it's a new place for me as I've never been to Northampton before like I had never been to Birmingham before The Hub 3. :o

:P

It's great to get to see new places through events isn't it?

Not that we get much time to explore, nor would I want any free time, lol!

Me ans sis never stayed over anywhere till the final night of a favourite show In London - Taboo, then we kinda got the bug, and have been all over the place for shows because of some of our fave people being in them. It's great to get out of Luton to be honest! :(

:huh: It's great to get to see new places through events isn't it?

Yeah, it definitely is, even though you don't get to explore much like you said. It's nice to say you've been though. :smile:

My friend has just booked our silver tickets!

Woo, that's good news, Silver all the way. It seems a lot of Hub 3 attendees are going to The Hub 4 which is good. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

:D It's great to get to see new places through events isn't it?

Yeah, it definitely is, even though you don't get to explore much like you said. It's nice to say you've been though. :huh:

I've now been to Birmingham 4 times - twice for Duran Duran, once for Lostprophets, and now for the Hub3. Yet all I've seen of Birmingham is a football ground, the NEC, the Carling Academy and a couple of hotels lol. It seems whenever I go anywhere for an event of some kind I never see the city and just see the venue, train station and hotel lol!

In two minda about whether to go for Standard or Silver. I had a lot of fun being standard and just getting the extra photoshoots that i needed but the 3 guests that have been announced i would want photoshoots with all of them...hmn decisions.

In two minda about whether to go for Standard or Silver. I had a lot of fun being standard and just getting the extra photoshoots that i needed but the 3 guests that have been announced i would want photoshoots with all of them...hmn decisions.

that was my dilemma - I had such a fantastic time as standard this time. But I did find myself thinking 'I wish I had a photo with such and such.'

And I figured a silver is roughly £55 more than a standard, and guessing the costs of a photo with each guest so far would come to £35 or so already, I only need one or two more people depending on the price to want a photo with and that's the difference paid already. So my thought was pay that now or pay it later, lol.

Can I ask have I got this right?

Are there really only 145 rooms at the venue? Because my heart is sinking by the minute. Financially, I cannot justify acc. costs and a ticket before Christmas. I have mobility problems, and being able to board at the venue was a great incentive for me going as it's a lot easier to get about, and I'm sure that's the same for a lot of people. Has anyone got any recommendations for nearby accomodation if the venue books solid?

The Ibis is literally a 5 minute walk and is very very near to the Park Inn.

It's where I normally stay as I can't afford to get the Pak Inn booked up straight away.

This is all well and good if you can walk easily. You may have noticed that there were more than a few people with wheelchairs, sticks and crutches at Hub 3 who obviously can't walk easily.

My suggestion is to get in touch with one of the ME people - I spoke to Mark re the hotel on info@showmastersonline.com - and see what they come up with. I'm sure they realise that people with mobility problems are quite likely to need to book after Christmas due to money issues and they should be able to help.

Can't wait for Hub 4 - was very excited when they announced who were the first guests to be attending!

Plus, my birthday is on the 11th so even better!

xxx

Mine is on the Saturday! Only 163 days to go. :D

Mines on the Friday lol