Not normally one to moan but I am going to!

TRUKid

no point debating it when there all in Glasgow.

twilights total sold out and they only have 3 supporting guests so far and that's two weeks before this con.

and dont get me started on how much thats cost as so far ive paid for two people a hotel and rail travel from newcastle..

im holding out on this one as i've met the two guests several times, but if they get someone new im all for it.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm def on the boat for wanting answers i mean i'm coming all the way from the US for this and it's my first con so i'll be mightily upset if it gets screwed up but people keep mentioning Abrams and Eclipse 3. What happened? and what are they. am i missing something?

I don't know about Eclipse 3 but Abrams was cancelled but that was because they didn't sell enough tickets which don't seem like a problem in this case at least.

Abrams Inc was, as the name says, a convention for all things JJ Abrams, while Eclipse 3 was a convention for Heroes Fans.

Eclipse 3 was held with just three guests, of which two were not main cast 'so to speak' though I can assure you that they made the weekend worthwhile and all three of them were amazing and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. The problem here however was not SM, but the lack of tickets sold, which is why they could not afford to get more guests. They didn't cancel the event and went through with it, while as far as I remember losing quite a lot of money. We had a very intimate con experience, with lots of extra time with the guests that you don't experience at bigger cons.

I suppose people here are comparing it to those because of the lack of guest announcements, however you can see that they have nothing in common, because with them the problem was that little tickets were sold, which is not the case with Hallowhedon.

Edited by Haunted

Ok guys,

I was at Glasgow all weekend, although I did not personally talk to Jason or any of SM about the con, I did chat to someone who had.

And here is what they told me:

Apparently, SM are trying to took book one big guest for the event, they are holding out because, it would make us all well happy if they got them. If they get the guest they will book smaller guests with them.

If it falls through we wont have one "amazing" and smaller ones we'll have a couple/few "bigger" guests.

Whatever way it ends up, we will have more than 2 guests. They are just trying to get us the best possible line up, which takes much longer than booking the 1st person they call. So relax :firedevil:

I would just like to reiterate, this is not direct from SM or anything just me passing on some info I was told. So if it's wrong and I was told lies please don't hit me!

• 2 weeks later...

I know i sound like am on repeat but i really dont understand why if they are going to announce smaller guests with a huge/big guest why cant we at least have the smaller ones now. If SM dont manage to get the boig guest then we will get smaller but still impressive guests so why not have a little smaller guest now to shut all us moaning scared and needy fans up

as much as i know il have a great time and that they will get us good guests in the end - i do have a problem with the lack of updates.

everthing seems to be left to the last minute. surely at this point we should only be waiting on the last guest and shedules - not 75% of the line up and everything else.

I hate to say this but most of us at this stage now arent bothered whether the guest are small time/big time or anytime as long as we get a couple more. James and Nick will not be able to manange the entertaining alone and it will be disappointing for those who havent been to an event before or who have already met James and Nick several times over as lovely as they are!

Ive done quite a few cons now and this is my first one in a few years which were doing to get back into the swing of things and meet up with some old friends (and new) and its not very encouraging when were a month away and still only 2 guests and no updates. Doesnt give much faith does it!

I hate to say this but most of us at this stage now arent bothered whether the guest are small time/big time or anytime as long as we get a couple more. James and Nick will not be able to manange the entertaining alone and it will be disappointing for those who havent been to an event before or who have already met James and Nick several times over as lovely as they are!

Ive done quite a few cons now and this is my first one in a few years which were doing to get back into the swing of things and meet up with some old friends (and new) and its not very encouraging when were a month away and still only 2 guests and no updates. Doesnt give much faith does it!

I keep thinking they said its for this amazing guest so quit being ungrateful but really this convention is next month and there have been no updates for months. I dont think anyone can be judged for being negitive at this point. I think most of the people here are more than open to less amazing guests I mean people were excited at the idea of having the actor who plays clem. He isnt a headliner but there are people excited at the idea of meeting him.

I have done 1 con(which had 10 celebs) and a collectormania. My partner and I are new to this and we loved the idea of this con as the choice of actors/actress/writers/etc was huge and we thought wow we need to get in there. We were going to buy gold based on the existing guests but they were sold out. Am just very worried right now that we will have 600+ plus fans and 2 guests to entertain us all!

I agree, with all the money they would have from ticket sales they should be able to get some great guest. They could possibly could have some but are waiting for the contracts. I will only start to worry in a few more weeks.

Although im not too bothered as i only bought my ticket to see James hehe

I totally have faith, and wont start to worry unless it's 1 week before the con and we dont have any more guests!

The way I look at it is, I've booked my ticket already so i know i'm going to have a good time, I dont need to wait and see if who else is coming before i book or spend my money on something else, because there are already 2 guest going that I'm really happy with. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride and chatting with you guys :blush:

I know i sound like am on repeat but i really dont understand why if they are going to announce smaller guests with a huge/big guest why cant we at least have the smaller ones now. If SM dont manage to get the boig guest then we will get smaller but still impressive guests so why not have a little smaller guest now to shut all us moaning scared and needy fans up

I think the point is that the smaller guests will not have been decided/booked until they know whether they can get the bigger guest they are aiming for. Once they know that for sure, they can then decide who to spend the rest of their budget on.

• Showmasters Admin

ok we have been holding off for one big name that has never done an event over hear before but we have been told that they cannot do this event now ;)

so we are now going to go with the back up guests we have in the pipeline and you will start to see the guest list shape up very soon

we had to try ,but do not worry things are under control :D

jason :o

ok we have been holding off for one big name that has never done an event over hear before but we have been told that they cannot do this event now ;)

so we are now going to go with the back up guests we have in the pipeline and you will start to see the guest list shape up very soon

jason :o

Thank you for the up date Jason :D

ok we have been holding off for one big name that has never done an event over hear before but we have been told that they cannot do this event now :D

jason ;)

Thank you for the update. I didnt like sounding like a moan. :o I guess its just as disappointing you for when a guest holds off and then doesnt come through