Not normally one to moan but I am going to!

TRUKid

• Showmasters Admin

Thank you for the update. I didnt like sounding like a moan. :o I guess its just as disappointing you for when a guest holds off and then doesnt come through

It's just one of those things. It's all the negotiation time with big guests, and sometimes it looks like you're getting soooo close and then the guest gets an acting job that clashes.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok we have been holding off for one big name that has never done an event over hear before but we have been told that they cannot do this event now B)

so we are now going to go with the back up guests we have in the pipeline and you will start to see the guest list shape up very soon

we had to try ,but do not worry things are under control :D

jason ;)

Thankyou so much for the update Jason, it IS appreciated but Im still concerned that you were only waiting for one BIG guest. Were there going to be no more others if that one had agreed to come?

Im trying to keep my faith here but 'back up guests', 'in the pipeline' and 'very soon' are not really words I wanted to hear at this late stage. I really hope things work out and we do get a line up soon. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update, we appreciate it..

tho im still abit worried wen it says back up guests to who were gunna get :/

Start compiling a list of those who have worked with Showmasters before or are going to. ie. Amber Benson and the guy who plays the Principal in Buffy :)

• Showmasters Admin

To put your minds at reast when Jason says backup guests it's purely that they are not in the A list group i.e. SMG, Joss, David B, Gina Torres, Alyson Hannigan etc.

It's still going to be people like Jewel Staite, Adam Baldwin, Ron Glass, Julie Benz, Juilet Landau, Charisma, Tony Head, Mercades McNab.

I'm not saying it will be any of those but the people they are look at are still great guests.

To put your minds at reast when Jason says backup guests it's purely that they are not in the A list group i.e. SMG, Joss, David B, Gina Torres, Alyson Hannigan etc.

I thought DavidB was coming to event as an attendee :WINCE:

Edited by Elspeth

It's still going to be people like Jewel Staite, Adam Baldwin, Ron Glass, Julie Benz, Juilet Landau, Charisma, Tony Head, Mercades McNab.

I'm not saying it will be any of those but the people they are look at are still great guests.

thanks TT :)

For the love of all that is Whedon, don't mention Adam Baldwin and then say it might not be him, that's just playing with my emotions Stuart !!!!!!!!! :WINCE:

I wonder whether people like Eliza or Nathan Fillion would be A list or back up? Prob A list but am hoping they'd be classed as back up now lol!

Reeeeally hoping for Alexis Denisof too! Jewel/Tony/Charisma/J August would be awesome also.

Excited to have an update, thanks showmasters :thumbup:

Edited by crazyminx

• Showmasters Admin

For the love of all that is Whedon, don't mention Adam Baldwin and then say it might not be him, that's just playing with my emotions Stuart !!!!!!!!! :lol:

Sorry for mentioning Adam :P

I just wanted to give people an idea of the class of guest ME are still looking at getting. That they didn't think it was all doom and gloom and that backup guests meant "third vamp from the left in one episode".

Who was the guest? Am very curious

Never going to happen :P

Hopefully SM/ME will be able to get them to another event.

I wonder whether people like Eliza or Nathan Fillion would be A list or back up? Prob A list but am hoping they'd be classed as back up now lol!

Reeeeally hoping for Alexis Denisof too! Jewel/Tony/Charisma/J August would be awesome also.

Excited to have an update, thanks showmasters :P

also wondering if eliza or nathan fall into the a list - think they might but they were an option in the "who do you want poll" which leads me to think maybe - b list (fingers crossed so we could still get them, although think they would be in the A list)

thanks for the update puts my mind more at rest.

really want to see j august/amy acker/ enver/ olivia w/emma caulfield/