Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

Bah. Can't really see what difference it would make now. If it's a big guest who hasn't done an event like this before it'll be pretty obvious who it is wouldn't it?

Have to say this decision has been brought upon themselves for jumping the gun without having everything in place first but I do look forward to any new announcements.

Fair enough, some of the statements in this thread did have me worried that all this may get back to the guest at some point, either with them looking on here out of curiosity for what the event would be like, or, like Jason said, people being a bit rude or inappropriate and mentioning it to the guest themselves.

And not even in a rude way, just in a way they think is fun and jokey with the guest, like 'oh we waited ages for you ha ha ha'. But the guest might take it badly, so Jason is right to say what he did.

Glad everything for the guest is sorted though. Is a bit funny them sending it via post :headscratch: Told you it was probably the agent being a bit funny, even if it wasnt on purpose. They must of thought 'send the contract' literally meant send the hard-copy.

Cant wait for this and the other announcements. Maybe all of them will be awesome and new and we wont be able to tell who was who :D

I can see why people are annoyed, I can see why people are not, I can see why people find it funny, I can see why people don't.

Personally, I my response was just a sigh ... All I want now, is some guest announcements. Soon, please, Showmasters ... Today would be great ... :-)

I totaly respect Jasons choice to not associate the "amazing" guest with this thread..

But I really don't think it's necessary, I know people have made jokes along the lines of "If it takes them this long to sign there name - how many autos are they gonna manage in one day" BUT SURELY these people realise that the contract HAD been signed we were just waiting for SM to take delivery of it..... Cos that aspect was obvious so nothing to wind the guest up about really! the people saying that were only having a laugh..

Having said that...

Can't wait for the future announcments

:)

ok we have been thinking about this in the office a lot to day and its got a little silly now but funny in a way.

we have been told the contract is on its way, :D but was sent by post now which is not what was supposed to happen :WINCE:

anyway that’s not the issue now

this guest is coming :D , but we now feel that if we just announce them on here people will take the Micky out of them to much and maybe at the show face to face ? , :headscratch: which may just put them off on the day or attending at all :o

so we have to do something to stop this , so to solve this issues we have decided it would be best for them to not announce them in this thread at all

that way they will get announce along with other guest in the next few days, weeks and no one will know for sure which guest this was , that way no one can say for sure who it is and rib them for all this and we can all move on ;)

sorry if this is not want you wanted to hire and it was not what we wanted last Sat, this should have been simple but it has not been , now we have learnt our lesson on this one and we all need to move on ;) , this gust will be at the event and will be announced soon but we will not be linking them to theis thread sorry .

i do hope you all see this is the best for all of us, as in the end we want the guest to be there ,and there is no need to embarrassed them in any way ;) .

i can say that we do have around 3 great guest in the works like this one as well ,so you may never know which one this was and i do think this is best in the end .

i do hope everyone sees sense in what we have decided and why we have done this

thanks for your understanding on this matter and we look forward to announcing some guests in the next few days weeks :dance:

jason :WAVE:

understandable, but taking the mic to there face, ill kick that fans ass myself, anyway im not to fussed, i just want to hear some announcements PLEASE showmasters, I dont care who, I need some new guests ;-)

Could this not have happened 50 pages ago?

All this speculation and now you're just going to throw it in as a 'regular' guest announcement.

If you know that they are coming, as you say, then just tell us. I am with the earlier poster that said that no sane person would wait for 3 months to have a pop at the guest and I too would kick them up the botty as well if they tried it in front of me!!!

Edited by SlippDigby

• Moderators

They need the contract in hand to announce.

It's a perfectly sensible and understandable thing.

Hyping up the announcement and doing all this might not have been the most sensible thing to do, but waiting for the contract is.

I'll take three good guest announcements over one anyday - especially when they are guaranteeing that the one in question will be part of that three.

If they are so rare and such a coup, it's gonna be a little obvious who they are anyway. But I can see why SM are going this way.

Still, its gonna be an ace event at this rate already!!!

ok we have been thinking about this in the office a lot to day and its got a little silly now but funny in a way.

we have been told the contract is on its way, :D but was sent by post now which is not what was supposed to happen :WINCE:

anyway that’s not the issue now

this guest is coming :D , but we now feel that if we just announce them on here people will take the Micky out of them to much and maybe at the show face to face ? , :headscratch: which may just put them off on the day or attending at all :o

so we have to do something to stop this , so to solve this issues we have decided it would be best for them to not announce them in this thread at all

that way they will get announce along with other guest in the next few days, weeks and no one will know for sure which guest this was , that way no one can say for sure who it is and rib them for all this and we can all move on ;)

sorry if this is not want you wanted to hire and it was not what we wanted last Sat, this should have been simple but it has not been , now we have learnt our lesson on this one and we all need to move on ;) , this gust will be at the event and will be announced soon but we will not be linking them to theis thread sorry .

i do hope you all see this is the best for all of us, as in the end we want the guest to be there ,and there is no need to embarrassed them in any way ;) .

i can say that we do have around 3 great guest in the works like this one as well ,so you may never know which one this was and i do think this is best in the end .

i do hope everyone sees sense in what we have decided and why we have done this

thanks for your understanding on this matter and we look forward to announcing some guests in the next few days weeks :dance:

jason

Could this not have happened 50 pages ago?

All this speculation and now you're just going to throw it in as a 'regular' guest announcement.

If you know that they are coming, as you say, then just tell us. I am with the earlier poster that said that no sane person would wait for 3 months to have a pop at the guest and I too would kick them up the botty as well if they tried it in front of me!!!

Would've been handy if they had said this touch earlier but thats the way things go unfortunantly. This decison was probably made due to the number of posts saying 'hurry up,whats taking so long ect ect and Showmasters would've looked at the posts and decided whether there was any possibility f trouble or the guest getting snide remarks conerning how long its taken and the guest could then turn round and say "bollocks to this, am off as why should I have sit down and take this!" thus leaving people who wanted to meet them feeling annoyed because they cant meet the guest cause of idiots.

Whoever the guest is can they be made charge a fiver less cause of all the hassel? :WAVE:

Edited by madmilburn

Well it sounds like Jason was left waiting for the contract thinking it was still waiting to be faxed, then they went 'oh, its in the post actually'

So he couldnt of said it that much earlier as he wouldnt know himself till they went 'oh wait...posted it'

Most of this thread has been ok, but the some of it may be unwanted publicity for both SM and the guest (a lot of people were joking about how slow the guest was at signing the contract, so how bad would they be at an event)

...... unless of course SM get more than one rare (never done a con before) guest then we'll never know which one all the fuss was about....

anywho I'm off to Toronto tomorrow to meet some famous people ..... no interweb access for a few days methinks ....hopefully announcements will be made by the time I get back

Edited by Farqhuarbeedlebum

Yeah everyone seems to assume that it will be an announcment like (for example)

Dave Prowes, Kenny Baker and Bruce Wilis. Spot the one from this thread lol

I doubt it would be THAT obvious, maybe all the guests are from the US and not been to an SM event before, but the otehr two arnt that 'big' (if this guest is that big, we still dont know, we are all just assuming)

Maybe it would be something like Bill Paxton, Sigourney Weaver and...Dan Ackroyd. This thread could of been about ANY of them (depending on events they have done, but you get the point)

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

...... unless of course SM get more than one rare (never done a con before) guest then we'll never know which one all the fuss was about....

anywho I'm off to Toronto tomorrow for the ***** .....no interweb access for a few days methinks ....hopefully announcements will be made by the time I get back

Exactly, that's why we're getting three big guests that will each appeal to everyone and have never done a con or event before. Well, that's what Jasons saying!