whoelse met Jake Lloyd?How was he with you?

I met Jake Lloyd yesterday and he was the main augtograph that i wanted to get as im a huge StarWars fan. I have to be totally honest but when i met him i felt very let down as he looked so miserable and acted as such. He was even rude to a friend of mine and said he looked freaky! Wouldnt be so bad but my mate wasnt in costume or anything. I dont know what his problem was i.e. jetlag, hangover or whatever but if i was getting £15 per autograph i would at least try and put on a smile. How was he with everyone else?

Well a friend of mine was the only person inline to see Jake at some point, there was a person in a Vorlon B5 suit talking to Jake for ages.

My friend didn't want to disturb, so he patiently waited...I on the other hand got eye contact with his mother (?) and she spoke to the crew person beside Jake and they told him there was ppl waiting

The B5 dude was all like: "what huh? oh !" and he left.

Jake looked at the Vorlon and shook his head negatively..

My friend was asked if he was ok and what his name was and jake shook his hand ( heheh he was soo nervous :D ) whilst they was small talking a bit his mother (?) winked at me, I mouthed: thank you and she mounted back: you are welcome.

We all smiled, everything was nice and cool for us all i think.

Sorry to see you have a bad experience with him.

Im glad your expirience with Jake Lloyed was better than mine, i know we all have our Off days but if i was getting £15 for a couple of minutes work and making someones day then i would at least be polite and friendly but unfortunately he was neither. Ive met quite afew celebs at conventions and he is the onlyone who was dissapointing. Wont put me off going to these events though....I love em!

It's unfortunate but Jake has had alot of negativity aimed towards him at these cons / signing events and so has become a little standoffish as if he always expects a snidey comment.

Although I would say that that's no excuse for him to be rude to people.

He was fine with me but I had my 2 boys with me so it maybe made him feel a little more at ease. He was happy to pose for a photo with them although he did seem tired and a bit spaced out.

That's a shame he wasn't good with you, I thought he was rather nice. I met him first thing on Saturday, he was my first guest of the weekend - he greeted me, shook my hand, asked how I was and was full of smiles. I asked him how he was and he responded politely, but I was a bit awestruck so didn't really say much. He was perfectly happy to pose for a photo, then shook my hand again when I thanked him and he said it was nice to meet me. Pretty much the best I had hoped for from him knowing I wouldn't say much to him.

Edited by lizzy88

He was great. Had an hello, he shook my hand(Take note Mr Boxleitner), all in all a pleasent experience

I wonder if Bruce Boxleitner read this forum as the 'worst guest topic' has disappeared!:YAHOO:

I'm very surprised this thread is still on as not all the posts are positive towards Jake Lloyd...

Edited by God L'Eponge

I really can't speak for Sunday, but on Saturday he seemed to be smiley and friendly with everyone, chatting away and so on. He cheekily took the mickey out of me, but it was by no means malicious, he was just having a good time and playing about. He is still very young, after all. Actually, I would say he was rather charming.

I didn't meet Jake this weekend, but have met him twice before at shows, once in America and once at Collectormania and both times had really postive experiences, he has been friendly and happy to chat on both occassions.

I think sometimes the stars travelling from America can be suffering with jet lag , as many only come over for the couple of days of the Convention , and like the rest of us they have good and bad days too.

I met him on Saturday and he seemed like he didn't want to be there.

I always try to chat briefly to a guest, to see how they're doing, what they think of the event or what they're upto now; but he didn't really want to chat.

Although just before I took my pic to go, he did ask how I was and shook my hand. So I'm kinda 50/50 on the whole meeting him thing.

He was happier when I met him back in Milton Keynes years ago. He was going through the motions yesterday but still got a handshake, a few words and a photo. I've met far worse.

I met him on the Sat, in the afternoon and he was nice - not as nice as some but still nice enough. Posed for a pic (smiled in it), chatted to my mum a bit... Glad I met him.

Edited by chimmykins

I didn't meet him (I'm one of those people for whom Phantom Menace is something of a repressed memory), but I did think it quite sweet when I walked by the autographs near the end of Sunday and Lloyd seemed to be chatting away with the kid who played Young Spock... :)

Me and my two boys saw jake and we found him to be very nice and extreamly talketive. As this is one of my seven year olds hero,s . He posed for a photos and really made my son,s day unlike other guest we saw. This is now our forth convention and we cannot wait to meet willi/freddy in november. :(

Well what can we say?

Jake turned into one of the best experiences ever!

We met him on Sunday as we were walking about and taking it all in. We took advantage of his open queue. I don't understand this negative reaction people seem to get but he was terrific with us! Maybe it was that he was jet-lagged to begin with or maybe it is just his particular sense of humour, but during our time he was a total joy.

We walked up to him and he reached out and took my hand and jokingly said "Thank you for coming over to see me, I was getting so lonely!" He then proceded to reach up my arms, then up to and around my shoulders and we wound up in a big bear-hug. At which point he noticed by POLO Sport back-pack and commented on how much he liked it!

He was polite and cheerful with my wife and our son Luke and posed in a picture with us (will add later)

He was a very charming young man.

No I can only assume that it was his sense of humour that was just not going over too well, that and jet lag.

I agree, Jake was lovely... he signed an auto for my son for his birthday & posed for an over-the-table photo with me. :lol:

He was very chatty, he told me how much he hated the 'Obi-Wan lookalike haircut' from the end ceremony of Episode One & said he'd been 'rebelling' with his hair ever since! :D