Collectormania Guest List

jamesthehorse

• Moderators

It's pretty much the same deal every time - all differing opinions, all different likes, and all different expectations.

Some people only want to meet a couple at each event, while others are disappointed if they're meeting any less than half of the entire lineup.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it will be the most guests i will be meeting, so its good for me i guess. amber,mercedes,gunnar,jenette,jeff...well it would have been the most without the cancellations.

not being a dr.who or star trek fan will always mean half the guests dont appeal to me. being a horror fan will always mean i will have to be thankful for the one or maybe two horror guests i havent met.

this will be my 7th show in 12 months so they always manage to get something good for me.

also, some people spend a lot of money going to these events so they are entitled to wee moan now and again. personally i think there are some very weak guests here, but as long as there are people i want to meet i will go.

Edited by gahab13

BANANAS!

sorry the first person was just posting nonsense so i thought i would too

the guest list is great, i was debating taking a hammer to fingers just so i could get the weekend off work for it

the glasgow guest line up wasn't the best but it was still a really good event, you have twice as many guests and you get in for free so i don't see why you are complaing

As some other people have said, you can't please everybody. If I was unhappy with the line up, I wouldn't go - its not worth moaning over.

Perosnally, I think its a godd solid line up and am making a weekend of it - hopefully get some Christmas shopping done as well. Can't wait!

the glasgow guest line up wasn't the best but it was still a really good event, here you have twice as many guests and you get in for free so i don't see why you are complaing

They are "complaining" cos there are no guests that they wanna meet and surly (to them) guests are the main reason for going? The guests are what sells the event. It's not a matter of the obligatory, "if you dont like it, dont go" either - I dont understand why someone will always say that as a response when they obviously know that's not what the issue is about, that's just a lazy argument and answer. It's about not having guests that cater for their interest. They want to "want" to go but they want there to be guests or activities that will interest them too to make it even better for them.

I'm going (very almost wasn't) but I've been to so many of these cons since C4 that I know by now that there are bound to be some line-ups that just wont interest me. I've always accepted that, I cant like everything!!

I am making a weekend of it - hopefully get some Christmas shopping done as well. Can't wait!

That early?????:headscratch:

Edited by nicky

aw i think the line up for me anyways is fab! I'm gutted I just can't go to this one - money issues what with uni only starting back next monday and my student loan won't be through until then - am gutted! Jeff Cohen would be the main one for me! Then Michael Rosenbaum, Amber Benson, Morena Baccarin, and Mercedes McNab!

Please bring them all back ... when I have my student loan through lol

I think the line up is quite weak in terms of 'headline guests' and first time signers. Most of the biggest names are repeat signers (even if they are really cool people.) It especially pales when put in comparrison with the last LFaCC, which had arguably the best line-up ever seen in the UK.

I think the line up will put off a lot of people who aren't interested in repeat guests and I think it will (sadly) be quite a quiet event.

some people spend a lot of money going to these events so they are entitled to wee moan now and again.

They also beg for days off work in advance, book and pay for (non-refundable) hotels and make travel arrangements and try and get their freinds to come too...all in the hope that when the con arrives that they'll be some guests that interest them but yes, it is a risk. Some just go for the stalls but they like to have guests there they like as extra incentive.

The people who like the line-up telling others to stop moaning; they're only saying that cos they like the line-up. If they didnt like it they wouldnt tell others to stop moaning then (cos they'd agree it's a bad line-up)! So they cant really tell others to shut up cos they got what they wanted and are not in a position to empathise. If they also didnt like the line-up then they have the right to tell others to stop moaning cos then they're setting an example to not moan. Basically they're only telling others to stop moaning cos they like the line-up, they dont care if others dont.

BOOYA-SHAKA!!! :blush:

Edited by nicky

Im not fussed about any of the guests this year, think in the last 6 events iv got a total of about 3 autographs.

I see MK as a weekend away from home, Obv i love meeting guests and i miss the excitment of queueing at 8am to get in the center but we cant have everything (unfortunatly) :blush:

lets hope the stalls are good, im looking for 3 maybe 4 harry potter busts while im there! this is the first time I have my car at a CM so i can buy stall stuff and not worry about how im gonna get it home!

Im not fussed about any of the guests this year,

I see MK as a weekend away from home, Obv i love meeting guests and i miss the excitment of queueing at 8am to get in the center but we cant have everything (unfortunatly) :blush:

Same here, i go for weekend away, ok so maybe that sounds lame to some of u, but that the truth, i meet friends that i dont see as often as i would like, some come from scotland as well, and it great to see them.

One of whom i see very rarley as altho distance is not a big problem our lifestyles mean that C14 she gets to go clubbing for first time in 3 years.

This is the first one in 3 years where i may not get any autos, (considering craig fairbass cos i was a huge Londond Burning fan) but other than that it all good.

Not everyone is going to be satified, but the line up is cool.....even though im not getting much im not unhappy with the 'lack' of guests.

Roll on the weekend.............

some people spend a lot of money going to these events so they are entitled to wee moan now and again.

They also beg for days off work in advance, book and pay for (non-refundable) hotels and make travel arrangements and try and get their freinds to come too...all in the hope that when the con arrives that they'll be some guests that interest them but yes, it is a risk. Some just go for the stalls but they like to have guests there they like as extra incentive.

The people who like the line-up telling others to stop moaning; they're only saying that cos they like the line-up. If they didnt like it they wouldnt tell others to stop moaning then (cos they'd agree it's a bad line-up)! So they cant really tell others to shut up cos they got what they wanted and are not in a position to empathise. If they also didnt like the line-up then they have the right to tell others to stop moaning cos then they're setting an example to not moan. Basically they're only telling others to stop moaning cos they like the line-up, they dont care if others dont.

BOOYA-SHAKA!!! :angel:

Good post mate, you going?

I would have met 7 or 8 guests, some of them would have been repeat guests for me, so no great Collectormania but good enough for me to attend.

However, I found out today that neither Eurotunnel nor Eurostar are selling new tickets until the 5th of october. I guess the reason is that the tunnel is only functionning at 50% of its capacity. So people who had tickets before the fire in the tunnel can travel normally but others have to use alternative ways. The ferry is not an alternative I would consider and the flights would cost me around 250 EUR at least and I would have to pay for an expensive train to MK on top of that + probably 2 nights of hotel instead of 1.

Therefore, unfortunately, I will have to stay home this week-end :angel:

Edit : the reason I did not book my Eurotunnel ticket was obviously the lack of announcements. Only very recently was I interested to attend C14 and that was already too late. Fortunately I was afraid of late cancellations so was waiting until tomorrow to buy photo-shoots, so the only good point from all this is that I won't loose any money. However, I expect that organizers (not only Showmasters) will consider making more announcements a little bit earlier than 3-4 weeks before the event as it unfortunately seems to becom the rule now (with one exception).

Edited by lams9999

Yah, just Saturday now. Will keep an eye out for you. Gonna get a sig off Danny Webb and probably just say hello to the other Aliens guys if they not too busy. Craig Fairbrass too. I love Cliffhanger. Edited by nicky

Yah, just Saturday now. Will keep an eye out for you. Gonna get a sig off Danny Webb and probably just say hello to the other Aliens guys if they not too busy. Craig Fairbrass too. I love Cliffhanger.

See you then, I want to meet Webb (if he has Alien 3 photos) & Fairbrass too.

Strong line up to some, weak line up to others, this is different to any other Showmasters (or similar company) event because......?

If people you would like to see aren't going, put them in the guest suggestion forum. That's what it's there for.

Therefore, unfortunately, I will have to stay home this week-end :lol:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I had heard about the fire and was wondering if it would affect you. I had no idea that they are limiting traffic that badly. :angel:

Yeah me neither ! I thought that the traffic was back to normal but apparently they still use only one tunnel, therefore the limitations.

The guest line up is always down to individual tase. Nobody is ever going to be happy all of the time.

The people that always moan about the guest list should try organising one of these themselves and see how much work goes into it. If i was an organiser i would find these threads really frustrating.

At the end of the day if you dont want to see any of the guests dont go - its simple.

Edited by buffy2k