Collectormania Glasgow to be twice a year

• Showmasters Admin

Because of the amazing success of the Glasgow event we are going to run 2 a year from now on, one in August as usual, and another in December, a 4 day event with different guests on each day of the event.

In December there are no other events on, and with Christmas approaching it will be a great place to pick up presents for friends and family. It's also a great time to bring guests to a show, as many programmes have finished filming for the year. A good time should be had by all, and we hope to see you all there.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And still no cardiff event :P The welsh have to travel more than anyone!

I wont be able to make it though as I just cant get any time off in December, I hear its the same in most retail places that no time off is allowed in dec due to the run up to xmas, so that could potentially affect a lot of people who would normally have gone.

:P people travel from further than Wales! :P

FURTHER yes, but not as MUCH :P

Down south dont have to travel much due to events down there, the midlands get several events now, the north of england has manchester, and scotland now gets at least 2 events a year meaning they dont have to travel as much for once..but wales has nothing, so wether its north or south or midlands we still have to cross the UK to attend any of them :(

Timewise too, no event is closer than 2 and a half to 3 hours for most of us in Wales (and thats just from cardiff central to earls court for lfcc, by car or train!)

Down south dont have to travel much due to events down there, the midlands get several events now, the north of england has manchester, and scotland now gets at least 2 events a year meaning they dont have to travel as much for once..but wales has nothing, so wether its north or south or midlands we still have to cross the UK to attend any of them :(

Timewise too, no event is closer than 2 and a half to 3 hours for most of us in Wales (and thats just from cardiff central to earls court for lfcc, by car or train!)

i live in newcastle and manchester still takes me 4 hours......

took me six and a half hours to get home from northampton on monday, left park inn at half 12 got home at 8.

i'm going to have to relocate if i do any more shows in a year the price of trains( and finding thinsg to do on them) is killing me!

glasgow is easy though it's a hour and a half on the train each way could do that every day lol faster than goiung to work .

i work in retail but december is dead for us so i'm sure i can find some way of coming to see you all lol

scotland now gets at least 2 events a year meaning they dont have to travel as much for once..

Scotland is pretty big. I'll still have quite a trek to Glasgow from Inverness!

How about having a highlands convention? :(

Methinks you doth protest too much. With the M4 motorway and high speed rail line, it's quicker to get to London from Cardiff than from Cornwall, Devon, much of Somerset and parts of Dorset, for example. Cardiff to London is about the same as Aberdeen to Glasgow (but again Cardiff has the better links); other than Glasgow, people in Aberdeen's next nearest show is Manchester, which is a lot further than a number of venues you have to travel to. Yes, Wales isn't brilliantly served, but no worse than many other places. It's geography and demographics; makes sense to have shows within easy reach of a large number of people, not just a middling number. It's the same reason Prince played 21 nights at the O2 in London, rather than 21 nights at Stradey Park in Llanelli; the economics of attracting enough audience to make it financially viable.