party themes

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya all,

don't post very often due to the fact dunno what to say :D

But can i just check that one of the parties if deffo gonna be a 1930's/40's theme???

if so anyone know of good sites where i could get me and hubby a cheapish costume from???

thanks guys

shaz xx

Hiya all,

don't post very often due to the fact dunno what to say :D

But can i just check that one of the parties if deffo gonna be a 1930's/40's theme???

if so anyone know of good sites where i could get me and hubby a cheapish costume from???

thanks guys

shaz xx

First post on the thread:

one we have decided on is

1930's 1940's big band ballroom theme

And your best bet is to google the looks, then have a good hunt in charity shops (or ebay)

Edited by sazzra

had no idea that the guests were going to be at the party!!!, i couldn't wait already, but now i'm even more estatic!

The guests sometimes show up at the parties but how long they stay depends on whether they get mobbed or not. At Eclipse the guests appeared - attendees instantly swamped them and formed a photo queue and the guests left very soon afterwards.

I certainly wouldn't expect to see the likes of John Barrowman at the parties - security would be a nightmare. And whether the rest show up and stay depends on how well everyone behaves. If people leave their cameras in their bags and don't pester for photos and autographs then the guests may well hang out for a bit.

yh i no, i'm not gunna mob them or anything, i mean just to see them stood there at the partys would be amazing :blink: (oh and its now only 96 days :whistling: )

I love the idea of a 30's/40's ball but is that wartime clothes or can you glam it up 1930's stylee? Also .. what are the other two party themes.. I'm looking for stuff to wear.

Anyone interested in a 1940's airforce uniform check this out, I just found it but it's too big for me

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1940s-US-Airforce-un...p3286.m14.l1318

Is the 1930's /40s theme all tea dresses and officers uniforms or can you go hollywood glam with lots of satin and swishing dresses a la Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom?

Angel

Well we're going film noir Hollywood irrespective! Wear what you like I imagine..

I had taken a look to see if I could find any sites but I couldnt find anything for hire or buy from them mosts its the 1920s and then the 1950s, best place ebay or for the girls there are loads of shops with 1940s style dresses, Primark, Tescos, Asda and so on.

No information about the parties have been put on the website yet. Infact nothing new as been added in a long while. Even if more guests can't be announced yet you think that there would be other things to put on the website by now.