party themes

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we already knew that one of them was going to be 1930/40's themed.

But what is a big band ballroom? lol

Sounds like they mean appropriate decor and maybe dancing to the sounds of Glenn Miller, and the like. Very much like the ballroom in 'Captain Jack Harkness.'

Ballroom dance is fun! :D

The parties have themes, but not everyone dresses up for them :D

Ooooh I LOVE Glenn Miller! I take it we get to decide on the themes then, since the 1940's/30's theme was suggested by a user in another thread? Excellent! I personally don't have any suggestions, but I'm sure there are lots of others...

I've googled "party themes", and Top 50 Themed Party Ideas looks rather helpful. A masked ball looks good!

one we have decided on is

1930's 1940's big band ballroom theme

we have another one what do you want it to be have your say

Jason :wub:

Yay! That's the one I suggested in the other thread, so I'm happy :D

Not sure about the other one though. How about a "what did you want to be?" party, where everyone dresses up as the thing they wanted to be when they grew up.

The parties have themes, but not everyone dresses up for them :thumbup:

Ooooh I LOVE Glenn Miller! I take it we get to decide on the themes then, since the 1940's/30's theme was suggested by a user in another thread? Excellent! I personally don't have any suggestions, but I'm sure there are lots of others...

I've googled "party themes", and Top 50 Themed Party Ideas looks rather helpful. A masked ball looks good!

That site's great. I'm doing a masked ball for my 30th next year, but I'd never seen this one before:

Rubik's cube party

Tell everyone to come dressed in a combination of red, blue, green, yellow, orange and white. By the end of the evening they must be dressed solely in one colour!

it would certainly get people talking!

That site's great. I'm doing a masked ball for my 30th next year, but I'd never seen this one before:

Rubik's cube party

Tell everyone to come dressed in a combination of red, blue, green, yellow, orange and white. By the end of the evening they must be dressed solely in one colour!

it would certainly get people talking!

That sounds actually kind of amazing. :thumbup::D I'd be homing in on JB's tighty whities regardless of what colour I'm supposed to be!

hmm, the things you guys have suggested are cool and all, but...dont the themes usually have something to do with the show? *High school USA and Petrelli ball at eclipse...*

Not really... and could we really do a TW/DW theme? Everyone would look the same, and how would you dress up a dining room as The Hub? :thumbup: I think people coming dressed as characters for autographs and talks etc is great, but I think the parties should definitely have their own twist!

hmm, the things you guys have suggested are cool and all, but...dont the themes usually have something to do with the show? *High school USA and Petrelli ball at eclipse...*

Not really... and could we really do a TW/DW theme? Everyone would look the same, and how would you dress up a dining room as The Hub? :thumbup: I think people coming dressed as characters for autographs and talks etc is great, but I think the parties should definitely have their own twist!

I agree, a purely TW theme would be quite difficult. Perhaps we could all come as an alien species of some kind or another. Certainly lots of scope for imaginative costumes.

oh this sounds like fun Ill have to go search google to see what they actualy wore then but Im sure Ill find somthing.

I think I already have my outfit for this. I would love it be like club noir a burlesque club we have in Scotland

when I did I search for 1930's fashion it keeps coming up Mafia fashion :) good excuse as any to were a pin stripe suit:)

Edited by Galaxy-Song

oh this sounds like fun Ill have to go search google to see what they actualy wore then but Im sure Ill find somthing.

I think I already have my outfit for this. I would love it be like club noir a burlesque club we have in Scotland

when I did I search for 1930's fashion it keeps coming up Mafia fashion :) good excuse as any to were a pin stripe suit:)

I love the Burlesque idea. One night for the good and one night for the naughty? :D

The Masked party sounds cool as well. :thumbup:

But from the sounds of it loads of people want to be different things so what if our second party was called Out of Time and you could come as anyone dressed in any time period. That way everyone is happy?

There may even be cube people in the future. :P

Edited by autumnrae89

But from the sounds of it loads of people want to be different things so what if our second party was called Out of Time and you could come as anyone dressed in any time period. That way everyone is happy?

I like that idea, would be much easier than than the other party for me! But still gonna be cool to see everyone dressed up! See now I really want it to be October to see all this! :thumbup:

I really like the 'Out of Time' idea, as it allows everything. People could give nods to past and future themes from the show, they could come as Roman soldiers or plague victims (a la 'End of Days'), they could come as they are; anything goes! Not to mention the fact that those responsible for decor could have a field day! :angel::yoda::thumbup::borg::P:D

Edited by Blackbird

So glad the 1930s/1940s is happening (as someone who discovered an authentic 1940s dress at the bottom of her wardrobe :angel: ). I can't really think of anything else show related that hasn't been suggested, unless it's all Torchwoods (past, present and future) combined.

Yeah, pants, I know :thumbup:

For those who are thinking 'what's the whole big band thing like?', I suggest watching the beginning of Memphis Belle, the bit before they actually get anywhere near planes.

So glad the 1930s/1940s is happening (as someone who discovered an authentic 1940s dress at the bottom of her wardrobe ;) ). I can't really think of anything else show related that hasn't been suggested, unless it's all Torchwoods (past, present and future) combined.

Yeah, pants, I know :(

For those who are thinking 'what's the whole big band thing like?', I suggest watching the beginning of Memphis Belle, the bit before they actually get anywhere near planes.

Found it in your cupboard? Sounds like a bit of Mary Poppins going on in there! :D

I love the masked ball and the alien ideas :]

The trouble with a masked ball is that it will only really work if *everyone* dresses up for it... if you only have a handful of folks in masks it'll be a bit pants really