party themes

So glad the 1930s/1940s is happening (as someone who discovered an authentic 1940s dress at the bottom of her wardrobe :( ). I can't really think of anything else show related that hasn't been suggested, unless it's all Torchwoods (past, present and future) combined.

Yeah, pants, I know :(

For those who are thinking 'what's the whole big band thing like?', I suggest watching the beginning of Memphis Belle, the bit before they actually get anywhere near planes.

Found it in your cupboard? Sounds like a bit of Mary Poppins going on in there! ;)

Nah...my handbag is Poppins, my cupboards are Tardis :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad the 1930s/1940s is happening (as someone who discovered an authentic 1940s dress at the bottom of her wardrobe :( ). I can't really think of anything else show related that hasn't been suggested, unless it's all Torchwoods (past, present and future) combined.

Yeah, pants, I know :(

For those who are thinking 'what's the whole big band thing like?', I suggest watching the beginning of Memphis Belle, the bit before they actually get anywhere near planes.

Found it in your cupboard? Sounds like a bit of Mary Poppins going on in there! ;)

Nah...my handbag is Poppins, my cupboards are Tardis :D

Yeah I got a few handbags like that. Could live in them. :(

:) Oh I like that a night of naughty and a night of good. could have a sort of angel and demonds theme. maybe mythological creatures or gods.

oh this sounds like fun Ill have to go search google to see what they actualy wore then but Im sure Ill find somthing.

I think I already have my outfit for this. I would love it be like club noir a burlesque club we have in Scotland

when I did I search for 1930's fashion it keeps coming up Mafia fashion :) good excuse as any to were a pin stripe suit:)

I love the Burlesque idea. One night for the good and one night for the naughty? ;)

The Masked party sounds cool as well. :D

But from the sounds of it loads of people want to be different things so what if our second party was called Out of Time and you could come as anyone dressed in any time period. That way everyone is happy?

There may even be cube people in the future. :(

How about musicals as a theme in honor of John B - not everyone cup of tea though perhaps, although lots of variety in this theme, ie - good opportunity for Rocky Horror fancy dress maybe....(always seems to be popular...)

:D

How about musicals as a theme in honor of John B - not everyone cup of tea though perhaps, although lots of variety in this theme, ie - good opportunity for Rocky Horror fancy dress maybe....(always seems to be popular...)

Oh love Rocky horror and theres the moulan rouge:) thats a great idea

Oh love Rocky horror and theres the moulan rouge:) thats a great idea

*Nods*

Hmm, interesting. Very interesting.

hmm, the things you guys have suggested are cool and all, but...dont the themes usually have something to do with the show? *High school USA and Petrelli ball at eclipse...*

Not really... and could we really do a TW/DW theme? Everyone would look the same, and how would you dress up a dining room as The Hub? :D I think people coming dressed as characters for autographs and talks etc is great, but I think the parties should definitely have their own twist!

uhhh, the 1930/40s themes is tied in with torchwood...when jack met the real jack...it doesnt have to mean dressing up as the characters etc! anyone gonna confirm that the themes have to do with the show? if only briefly...

Edited by Emmeh

I love the masked ball and the alien ideas :]

The trouble with a masked ball is that it will only really work if *everyone* dresses up for it... if you only have a handful of folks in masks it'll be a bit pants really

True, didn't think about that. Masked balls and stuff have always looked amazing to me though.

Ohhh, RHPS<333

How did I not think of that one?

one we have decided on is

1930's 1940's big band ballroom theme

we have another one what do you want it to be have your say

Jason :lol:

Good luck to the blokes with finding 30's/40's clothing!

I said in my other thread when I thought of the 40's theme that they should dress in uniform! A bit of wartime uniform would be great for the boys (and I'm sure the girls wouldn't mind either!)

one we have decided on is

1930's 1940's big band ballroom theme

we have another one what do you want it to be have your say

Jason :D

Good luck to the blokes with finding 30's/40's clothing!

I said in my other thread when I thought of the 40's theme that they should dress in uniform! A bit of wartime uniform would be great for the boys (and I'm sure the girls wouldn't mind either!)

Failing that, a nice dodgy demob style suit should be easy to find :D

• Showmasters Admin

We'd like to have something Torchwood related to tie in with the convention, but that still leaves plenty of scope. Alien autopsy, Victorian Torchwood, future technologies, a Policeman's ball even!

Andrea

We'd like to have something Torchwood related to tie in with the convention, but that still leaves plenty of scope. Alien autopsy, Victorian Torchwood, future technologies, a Policeman's ball even!

Andrea

How about Victorian Alien Autopsy? Lab coats with bustles?

Either the Alien or Victorian gets my vote

How about a Time Traveling Theme. Then you could pick any figure from history, you could make it one you'd like to see in TW.

I like that idea. Famous historical figures... it's linked and it leaves plenty of room for creativity. :D

How about a Time Traveling Theme. Then you could pick any figure from history, you could make it one you'd like to see in TW.

See! lol I said something similar with an 'Out of Time' theme because there is no way we are going to appease anyone at this rate.

Oh, a 'What Comes Through the Rift' theme could seriously be awesome! Of course, we wouldn't necessarily want people, you know, actually shooting each other with their 'finds', or anything ... I assume. :P

Edited by Blackbird