What a disappointment (Eva Myles and John Barrowman)

mariamaria

I expect the original poster would have complained had they not met Eve or John because they had spent too long personalising or posing for photos.

Exactly!!! No rest for the wicked! Be happy you were one of the lucky few to see him!

James Marsters was so nice about the no personalisation thing, i think he made up for it with the time he gave everyone he wanted to speak with everyone which i thought was really good and to me thats as good as a personalisation when the guest speaks to you and shakes your hand.

James was sweet, he told me about his hand last time, and shook my hand this time, and had a nice chat (I was with krypto lol)

That first post was quite rude IMO!!

AGREED!! And yes, with a post like that, a backlash is expected, and deserved!!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to ruffle any feathers but the gorgeous Eve Myles personalised my photo - SHE WAS LOVELY!! on the negative side, John didn't personalise my wife's photo but was a a peerfect gent; both in the signing and the photo shoot. Sorry it wasn't what you expected but we had a great time...

I saw Eve around 1.30pm and she personalized. However I thought not being allowed to take photos in the queue was a bit off since there was only two people in front of me and no one at all behind me (and still wasn't until a few minutes after I left).

I can understand when it's busy, but when there was no queue I don't think it was really fair (argue all you want, I stand by what I say).

I didn't bother to see John after that, put me right off. I'll just see him another time when I CAN take photos.

I found Eve to be very pleasant,she asked my son if he wanted his photo personalised and she shook both our hands a very lovely lady indeed...and i don't generally do fluffy on here...as for the original poster...i think your talking out of your "backside".

what's up with that, can't they spell?

Considering you made all that effort to get there and see them, you'd think you would know that it's Eve, not Eva. Maybe you shouldn't be the one asking if people can or can't spell.

:hathor:

...as for the original poster...i think your talking out of your "backside".

:borg:

Edited by Lizzy

There was no need for me to meet John Barrowman today as I met him in LFCC and back then he was an open queue.

I did met Eva Myles and as I am also from Wales we had quite a bit to talk about.

She was great guest to have at MK.

I met them both today and they were wonderful. Eve remembered meeting me and my sis at another event and sincerely thanked us for going today. John was asked by someone in front of us if he could personalize and he said he had been told he couldn't in an attempt to get through as many people as possible, and seemed genuinely apologetic to the person who was asking.

There were so many people there today that I think they were trying to get as many people through as they could. Photo's and personalisation take time and when you've handed out 1000+ tickets things need to be sped up.

Eve did personalise our photo and was really nice and John was doing his best not to disappoint everyone.

Believe me this was far better organised than when Elijah Wood, Billy Boyd, Sean Astin and Dom turned up in MK a few years ago. It was total madness then.

I think everyone tried really hard today and well done to the crew, Some people were giving them a hard time (unfairly). Give them a break...

Thanks for a great weekend

Bruce,Paul, Teryl, Tawny and gorgeous Santiago...........thank you

Soooooo we set off all excited at the prospect of meeting Eva Myles and John Barrowman amoungst others. I have been to many of these so I know what to expect. What I was suprised about was the fact that we had to wait and wait and wait and Eva wasn't even there yet! Finally as she arrived and our time approached we noticed the "no pictures or filming allowed, then even worse neiter Eva nor John would personalise the autographs, what's up with that, can't they spell? I felt it was rushed and was unable to have much of a memory of it which is a shame seeing as we had to travel up to get to MK in the first place.

It came across that both eva and John are so far up their backsides that us little people aren't worth the time (and please don't say they were told they couldn't have pictures taken ect because of lack of time because I believe that they have a say!) .

It seems that some people got virtual tickets where as we were told it was an open que which I imagined made some people not very happy!

Thhis event just seems to get worse and worse, don't think I will go back again, no matter who is there!

One the other hand Twany cypress, Linda Blair, Nancy Allen were wonderful, lots of time for us, pictures, personalise autograph! Great stuff!

Right, time to stop whining :P

Come on people, tell me off now! :thumbup:

The amount of people waiting for signatures of John was huge and there was no way he could have personalised everyones and get through them all. Give the actors a break. I just went for the photo shoot of Johns and didn't attempt the autograph que as I have met him on a number of other occassions and there is no way he is up his backside or Eve for that matter. They are lovely people and have done much more tfor their fans than is expected of them.

As I have said in another post today was nothing compared with C4 and Hobbitmania, that was madness, people on that day where selling low numbered VQ tickets for around £50 so that people can get to see them. Showmasters very quickly learnt how to run things better after that event, and I must say today was great compared with back then, where MK was the only event they ran each year.

I agree that things seemed to run smoothly considering the amount of people that were there to see John Barrowman, i was a little upset as i took his book to get signed and would of liked it personalised :thumbup: but i was more than happy just to meet him and say hello. Can't wait to meet him at the hub, he may have a bit more time then. :P

Anyone know if they got through all their tickets in the end?

I had 1500+ for John and 1300+ for Eve but had to leave early...

I was in the queue for John right at the very end but he did go up to 1500.

None of mine were personalised but I'm not bothered- it's the experience that counts! :P

Eve was one of the nicest people I have ever met at these events. She was courteous and polite, and I had a photo and an auto with her.

John was much more rushed, but even though, I still got a good vibe from him and would be very interested to see him at a smaller event like the Hub.

I think you're being very unfair on the both of them. They tried to get through as much as they could in the time they had, and (in my opinion) did very well.

Eve personlised mine, john didnt neither did james. I saw james at 10:40, Eve @ 2 and john at 3 i think

I think it has been said here on a number of occasions that James Marsters never personalises (at least not at big signing occasions) because of an old hand injury; all the extra writing would cause him not inconsiderable pain.

At least, that's what I think I remember... :P

Hi Blissful Maria,

I'm very sorry to hear that your experience was not the best. I've had times when a guest was impolite, crew have sometimes been less than helpful; and it does kind of ruin your day.

Some guests can seem a bit up themselves, but I think most of the time they are just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people there to see them.

I'm also sorry you got so many negative comments here, it can't help with your current view on the event. Perhaps you may reconsider attending a SM again in the future.

Well my signings were a bit retarded. I actually didn't have a VQ ticket so I asked my friend to get my t-shirt signed (complete with kisses) for me as I had already had my photo with John I wasn't too worried but by the end of the day I ended up in John's open queue talking to him about hair products with the rest of my group. I thought John was absolutely lovely especially under the time contrainsts and with sheer amount of people that came to see him to get through it all. Personally I just wanted to give him a big hug as he looked so tired towards the end.

Also with Eve, I've met her before so she recognised us and we actually had a long chat about Gareth David-Lloyd's gig yesterday and asked her whether or not she's coming to the Hub (She's thinking about it.) But honestly she is one of the loveliest people ever. She thanked us for coming back to see her and I just love her.

So I think it's extremely unfair to blame it on the guests when they have little say in the matter about how much they can or can't do with personalisations. (I got a personalised Kai Owen auto which made me SO HAPPY.) So take it as it comes. For me, it isn't just meeting my fave guest that makes CM or any event worth it. It's everyone around me.

ooooppppssss, it seems my post has touched a nerve in some people! I think when I wrote the post I was really wound up and maybe didn't word things so nice, so if I ofended, sowwy!

My thoughts are this, I can't believe that actors of that caliber don't have a say in what goes on, even if they got told by an agent ect didn't they see how unfair it would be on us? To que for hours only to be shoved a side so quickly , with out a picture or a personalised signed photo? You think if Eva and John said some thing that no one would listen? Which leads me to think that they were happy to be there but no bothered on the details! I'm not saying they weren't nice when I did get to talk to them, they were but it felt rushed and that's when you get the sense that it's all about the money they will make that day!

Now you can disagree because I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying this is my point of view.

Maybe in future as a people we should insist that we should have pics ect taken with the actors, after all we do pay for it, a little bit of their time won't hurt any one, if any thing it keeps us smiling, which means it keeps us coming back!

O.k, now no more fighting! ;)

Hi Blissful Maria,

I'm very sorry to hear that your experience was not the best. I've had times when a guest was impolite, crew have sometimes been less than helpful; and it does kind of ruin your day.

Some guests can seem a bit up themselves, but I think most of the time they are just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people there to see them.

I'm also sorry you got so many negative comments here, it can't help with your current view on the event. Perhaps you may reconsider attending a SM again in the future.

Hiya,

thanks for your reply.

Don't worry about the negative replies, I kinda expected it, after all there were some hard core fans out there and I just knew after I had written my post that a lot of those fans were going to slate me, that's o.k cos I'm big enough to handle it!

I have been to at least 8 of these collectormania's at MK and it has changed. When I first started going all the actors were happy to sign personally and take time chatting and having pictures taken, now slowly that is changing, although on the whole the above remains true there are a few that won't and although it has been said that maybe their agents or the organizers won't allow it I find it hard to believe that these actors don't have any say or power over what happens. Are we to believe that an actor that is high up in his rank, so to speak, won't be heard if they speak up? That is just silly beyond words!

Once more thank you for your reply..Who knows, I may go again!

Hiya,

thanks for your reply.

Don't worry about the negative replies, I kinda expected it, after all there were some hard core fans out there and I just knew after I had written my post that a lot of those fans were going to slate me, that's o.k cos I'm big enough to handle it!

I have been to at least 8 of these collectormania's at MK and it has changed. When I first started going all the actors were happy to sign personally and take time chatting and having pictures taken, now slowly that is changing, although on the whole the above remains true there are a few that won't and although it has been said that maybe their agents or the organizers won't allow it I find it hard to believe that these actors don't have any say or power over what happens. Are we to believe that an actor that is high up in his rank, so to speak, won't be heard if they speak up? That is just silly beyond words!

Once more thank you for your reply..Who knows, I may go again!

You kinda had to expect it after insulting the actors.

Yes, the restrictions are a pain but the actors often go along with them so it means that less/no fans go home disappointed. When Paul McGillion was only there for an hour on Saturday afternoon because his flight was delayed, he had from 5-6pm, and 170 people waiting in line to see him.

To get through them all he agreed to not do posed photos, but to personalise and allow people to take photos whilst he was signing (and he tended to look up and grin if he spotted the camera anyway ;) ). But an hour later all 170 fans had had the chance to meet him and no-one went home disappointed.

It's the same thing with JB and EM. It's better to give more people the chance to meet them, and you can always tell that if a guest is busy they're unlikely to be able to spend much time with you. And all the big guests (pretty much, I'm sure there's exceptions) do the professional photoshoots so there's a chance to have your photo with them.

...It came across that both eva and John are so far up their backsides that us little people aren't worth the time (and please don't say they were told they couldn't have pictures taken ect because of lack of time because I believe that they have a say!)...

We arrived an hour and a half before the doors opened to ensure autos from John and Eve and when we did get tickets they were in the (Eve) 250 to (John) 350 range. Not bad for such a popular pair of event guests, but that's how things are and that's what is confusing me with your O.P.

We have also been to many CMs and are no longer phased by "NO POSED PHOTOS" and "NO PERSONALISATION OF AUTOGRAPHS" signs. Quite honestly, if you've been to that many I am surprised that you have missed them!

Our personal experience went like this. After doing some signing, then his photo-shoot, a CM attendant said that JB had gone to lunch (but then another said that he hadn't so you decide!) the upshot of which was that by 1.00pm he had reached the 200's of his ticket numbers. Here is where we can pinpoint the difference that posed photos and personalisation can make because by 1.20pm, he had only done another 20 or so. But then, he must've stopped personalisations because by 2.00pm he was upto about 300! That was DOUBLE his preivious rate. And when we did get to meet him, despite the rush, he was friendly, polite, he took an interest in our boy Luke, apologised for the delay and thanked us for waiting!

Now rushed though it was, that to us made the wait worth while. For the most popular star in the UK at the moment to acknowledge this of, and admit it to his fan was NOT anything like the 'full of himself' attitude that you infer at all! We spent as much time with John as we did with William Shatner, and he didn't even bother to look up, let alone speak.

Our experience with Eve Myles was similar but for the fact that Eve DID personalise autographs when we got to meet her. As for when she stopped I don't really know, but it must have pushed her signing rate up tremendously if our experience with JB was any example.

Despite the rush, Eve was delightful. She (again) said hello to Luke and she was so pretty I just could resist telling her that she was lovely. She shot out that radiant smile of hers, said 'thank you' and signed our photo. We even had time to share a small joke regarding the choice of photo. We'd picked one with John and Eve together so we could get John to sign it too but she did such a large auto, it more-or-less covered the whole of the picture! When I said " Blimey! Where's Barrowman going to sign?" She said "Oh Don't worry, he's always doing it to me!"

Kai Owen was everyone's mate, he had time for a chat, personalisations, photos - the works!

My only criticism there was the massive under estimation of how popular he was going to be as a (now much larger) part of one of the best British SF shows ever. We were told "No tikets, come back in about half an our" which we did, only to find that just after we'd left, someone started handing out tickets and when we got back 300 had already been given out!

It reminded us of how badly Brandon Routh's popularity was misjudged last year when exactly the same thing happend, and that was on the final day of the event!

Still it was a good day for us as a family and we met all the folks we'd wanted to meet!

Roll on CM14

Edited by SlippDigby

Maybe in future as a people we should insist that we should have pics ect taken with the actors, after all we do pay for it, a little bit of their time won't hurt any one, if any thing it keeps us smiling, which means it keeps us coming back!

For a start, I think people might have had more time for your comments if you had bothered to spell Eve's name correctly! Also, there were plenty of signs up that said "No photos", so it's not like you didn't know. Plus, you are NOT paying to take a photo, you are paying for an autograph. Did you get the autographs you wanted? If not, bad luck. If so, stop moaning. ;)

got there at half 8, and got ticket number 13 for eve and 16 for john both personalised and were very friendly and chatty, no problems for me, hope they come back soon,

Love to know how you managed that - I got there at 6:50 and was ticket number 48 for Eve and 67 for John.

Both personnalised my autographs and both were lovely. John was clearly doing his best to get through his huge queue, but still took the time to speak to everyone.

Edited by jcAngel

We were really lucky as we were just about to leave after picking up our photos and went for one last walk round to discover that eve and kai both had open queues (which we tried to get earlier but were out of tickets), with no one at all at kai's we went down and got a personalised autograph, we had to wait a little while for eve but she was lovely i would say to anyone going next time if you can stay till the end you may be pleasently supprised like we were.

We really enjoyed it Thanks ;)

C u next time

xx