What a disappointment (Eva Myles and John Barrowman)

mariamaria

Sad troll, or someone who doesn't have the courage of their convictions? Either way, goodbye, and don't expect further whinges to get taken seriously.

oldnick ..where you one of the crew members on saturday?

Nope wasnt crew just me & mate though he was going to be really busy. well I did come from Liverpool just to meet him.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt make it for the sunday cause i was in liverpool at a smaller event, one of the guests was rude didnt look up didnt bother acknowledging any of us, he had about 300 people to sign in that day so should have expected it. What im meaning is that if JB had about 1400 people to sign in a small amount of time i can see how an extra 10 seconds per person can add up. If it was a smaller event with a set number of people then i would agree that they were either arrogant or just going through the motions, but with a sheer number like i was told was waiting for JB, i can see the reasons why it had to be done the way it was.

Sad troll, or someone who doesn't have the courage of their convictions? Either way, goodbye, and don't expect further whinges to get taken seriously.

Nope wasnt crew just me & mate though he was going to be really busy. well I did come from Liverpool just to meet him.

I came from liverpool via chester.........chester friday night 1hrs kip and then driven to MK.

never again!!!...might have 1hr 30 mins instead :D:D

:D Guys! If you can't see it was all done in tongue in cheek then I think you are all in need of a humour bypass.

It was a blast while it lasted but people please it's getting boring now!

Checking out :D

P.s I'm sure there is an anorak shop near by!

i don't believe your original post was done "tongue in cheek" now thats the excuse someone gives when they weren't really expecting the replys they wanted...so start to tell everyone "i only said it tongue in cheek,lighten up will yah!"...just admit it?

I mean I didn't go and see the massive ques, but I can totally understand the no photo's, not always personallisations thing. I mean it does always happen the "sorry it didnt come out right" thing in all different places whether it be an event or an exhibiton. By the way you know if there are signs up saying "no photos" meaning from the que too, would it be ok to take it far back in the que when zoomed in, so it's not disturbing the guests?

Edited by Doctor Who

John personilised both the itmes I saked him too, plus had time to thank me for coming and tell me about one of the songs from his show. Eve was lovely I saw her about 11is and she was so nerveous, really happy to be there but shocked at the amount of people who wanted to meet her, oh and she was personalising.

we had to wait and wait and wait and Eva wasn't even there yet! Finally as she arrived and our time approached we noticed the "no pictures or filming allowed, then even worse neiter Eva nor John would personalise the autographs

I only just noticed this and it made me bloody angry.

Eve was there very shortly after 10am, so much so that I was still in the process of dishing out JB's VQ Tickets...

Secondly, the decision to move to a no personalisation policy wasn't taken until after lunch - not quite what our ignorance filled friend would have us believe here is it?

Leaves us with a couple of alternative hypotheses regarding the original poster:

1. They were never even at the event, but heard that some autograph thing was happening somewhere and wanted to troll.

2. They're deliberately exaggerating in a vain attempt to cause dischord on the forums.

3. They visited an event in some sort of parallel universe, where all this actually happened exactly as written originally.

Y'know what though?

One single exaggerated complaint from over a thousand attendees in a queue isn't bad, is it?

Not exactly "the worst organised event yet..." ;-)

hmm, I didn't even queue up for their autographs. i got there so late I believed I had no chance whatsoever of getting within a mile of them.

BlissfulIgnorance whinges like a 11 yr old, and then suggests she was only there to keep her other half happy. And then tries to pass off her original diatribe as humour. Ever thought of writing for someone not on an ITV sitcom? Non-ITV sitcoms have been known to be funny, unlike your post.

Exactly where does it state on Collectormania/SM website, T&Cs that a pleb with a cameraphone has the inate right to take photos of guests? If a guest doesn't like having flashes in her face, like Gates McFadden, because it sets off migraines, who the heck do you think you are to say 'but i'm paying for your autograph, therefore it's my human right to make you ill.'

God, imagine if every tom spam and Nancy wannabe got out his cameraphone to take candids of guests.. they'd be so busy, they'd forget to get their items ready to sign. And the shots would be so rubbish, they'd even be too bad for flickr.

Btw, what with other folks complaining how 'unfair' it is, in other threads, to start giving out VTs at the start of the day, but should wait til those from Manchester have arrived.. Could I suggest they not start signing or do anything til after 4pm, by which time I'd have finished work, and driven down. It'd be so unfair on me to not be able to meet them etc etc etc...

hi

I am in shock about the comments about Eve Myles and John barrowman!

I found them to be friendly, totally approable and they made time for everybody no matter on long the day went on.

I was very nervous and they both made feel at ease.

I understand totally about the pictures and personalisation. I got there very early and my stuff was personalised no problem but i understand the to ensure that everyone who wanted to see john or eve could be seen why this did not happen later on.

I hope that bad comments would not put guests from coming back.

The only problem i had was the long wait for the phot's to be processed and would prefer tickets to be handed out earlier but I got my photo, autograph and cool memories :D . I like to be positive about life instead of wininging about the things that go wrong.

Soooooo we set off all excited at the prospect of meeting Eva Myles and John Barrowman amoungst others. I have been to many of these so I know what to expect. What I was suprised about was the fact that we had to wait and wait and wait and Eva wasn't even there yet! Finally as she arrived and our time approached we noticed the "no pictures or filming allowed, then even worse neiter Eva nor John would personalise the autographs, what's up with that, can't they spell? I felt it was rushed and was unable to have much of a memory of it which is a shame seeing as we had to travel up to get to MK in the first place.

It came across that both eva and John are so far up their backsides that us little people aren't worth the time (and please don't say they were told they couldn't have pictures taken ect because of lack of time because I believe that they have a say!) .

It seems that some people got virtual tickets where as we were told it was an open que which I imagined made some people not very happy!

Thhis event just seems to get worse and worse, don't think I will go back again, no matter who is there!

One the other hand Twany cypress, Linda Blair, Nancy Allen were wonderful, lots of time for us, pictures, personalise autograph! Great stuff!

Right, time to stop whining :D

Come on people, tell me off now! :crying:

Ok, first off, if you had actually spoken to EVE you would have known she was knackered. She had been working from 4am sunday morning, all the way through till 4am this morning. So give her a break :wub:

Secondly, they had to stop personalising the autos due to time constraints. And as for the 'No Posed Photos', alot of the guests did that. Some of them thought it wouldnt be fair on those who paid for a photo session with them, if they allowed everyone to have a photo with them. And they are all told by the organisers if they can do that or not.

The centre didnt open till 10am on sunday, and none of the guests were arriving till about 10:30am. There were people queueing outside to meet JB, and they were all given tickets for autos, so they could see them. I saw them both at about 2pm and they were only letting those through that had certain ticket numbers. It meant that those who had waited outside from god knows what hour could actually see them, without a rush from those who didnt.

On sunday i think they had both gone by about 5pm, as they both had other work things to do. But both were very nice to those they saw. I got to speak to both of them for a few minutes each. :D

Edited by isawien

Right.

Firstly, I was the big fella in the shades at the front of Eve's queue (just so you know that I know what I'm talking about).

Whilst I'm here though, I'd like to thank all but a very very small minority of the attendees who I met in Eve's queue yesterday, thank you all for having the good grace to appreciate the situation we were all in, and make my potentially terrible day that much easier :)

Brendon.

Brendon, I think I know who you were and you did a great job. Also, loved the shades! :)

And yes, Eve was absolutely lovely! Would love to meet her again.

Thank you :)

Y'know, all it takes is a single comment like that to make the entire weekend worth the effort :)

Hope you had a good one,

Absolutely.

How do you solve a problem like Maria?

Ignore her.

Sorry :D

Brendon.

Edited by ptenbob

Remember, there are other legit ways of getting signed photos of celebs.. It's called Royal Mail. Might involve writing a letter or two, which might have to be spiellcheeked ( :D ) so could be hard for blissfulignorance.

Btw, love the idea that as well as recording and rehearsing Any Plug will Do, Barrowman will have time, on the DAY OF RECORDING, to drive up to MK so BlissfulIgnorance can dribble over him, that is if she had waited.. Oh wait, he could have borrowed the Tardis... my mistake..

Brendon, I saw you while I was queuing for John. You - and the other Crew members - worked incredibly hard and I could tell it must have been very difficult for you all. I'm sure that it was a pretty thankless task when someone was abusive, but I spoke to Jon, Phil and Julie (Pit Boss?) at the photo session, Too Tall, and some other lovely folk at some point during the day, and you were all polite and helpful even when Barrowmania really hit! :WINCE: The golden rule: if a member of the public wants to be treated with respect, they have to act the same way and treat the Crew (and guests!) with respect! :thumbup:

So thank you for making the day go as smoothly as possible. I'm 40-something, it was my first Collectormania - and I'm looking forward to next time! :D

Brendon, I saw you while I was queuing for John. You - and the other Crew members - worked incredibly hard and I could tell it must have been very difficult for you all. I'm sure that it was a pretty thankless task when someone was abusive, but I spoke to Jon, Phil and Julie (Pit Boss?) at the photo session, Too Tall, and some other lovely folk at some point during the day, and you were all polite and helpful even when Barrowmania really hit! :WINCE: The golden rule: if a member of the public wants to be treated with respect, they have to act the same way and treat the Crew (and guests!) with respect! :thumbup:

So thank you for making the day go as smoothly as possible. I'm 40-something, it was my first Collectormania - and I'm looking forward to next time! :D

Thank you and you're welcome :)

It *is* hard to find the will to be nice to the next attendee when someone's being abusive to you, but luckily those who *are* abusive are a very very small minority.

I completely agree with your comment regarding respect, and am happy that you enjoyed yourself enough to feel like doing it all over again!

BRendon.

Brandon: I see you every time in MK, and you're always nice. Ive spoken to you a few times now. I believe you were outside JM's photo session when i came out. And i have to agree with an above poster, all the crew were great concidering you were all under pressure. :thumbup:

I got ticket 41 to see John and 60 something to see Eve.

We all knew John would be rushed, with him being on TV 24/7 at the moment means he's a popular guy, plus being there for only one day will attract a very large crowd !!

He personallised all mine except one which he missed and was prepared to go back to, but i said there was no need. I talked to him while he signed and he chatted back and he looked up and he gave me the dazzing Barrowman smile as i went away :)

I didn't go to Eve until really late in the day and she didn't personalize mine, which does not bother me in the least. She's very chatty and friendly and just lovely. I hope she got her extra glass of wine off John !!!!!

As for the photo thing in the queue, i took one of John signing my pics and that suits me just fine :)

I had photo shoots with John and Eve, plus Kai, James and Lea Thompson.

I'm from Cardiff so i've been lucky enough to see both John and Eve filming the last series of TW, and even James. But i've met them all before. To say there 'up their own arses' is a joke if they were they wouldn't be at this type of thing in the first place.

ETA: The crew and security were awesome, always helpfull and pleasent :) I for one wouldn't like there job !!!!

Edited by hells childe 17

It was all just a matter of timing, they were trying to rush through as many people as possible which was great!

Eve Myles is one of the nicest, sweetest, kindest guests I have ever ever ever met, it's not her fault everything was so manic!

got there at half 8, and got ticket number 13 for eve and 16 for john both personalised and were very friendly and chatty, no problems for me, hope they come back soon,

Love to know how you managed that - I got there at 6:50 and was ticket number 48 for Eve and 67 for John.

Both personnalised my autographs and both were lovely. John was clearly doing his best to get through his huge queue, but still took the time to speak to everyone.

There the ones that pushed in the front and i can't believe the people at the front didn't say anything !!!!! I know i would have if i'd have been further forward !!!!

jcAngel you must have been one of the three ladys behind me, my brother and friends. :wub:

I'd just like to echo those who were praising the crew for John's autograph queue. I thought this was the one aspect that was truly organized; I was number 126 and the crew were fantastic at keeping things moving, yet I got a fair amount of time in John's company as well. I've no idea what things were like later but I can only offer praise for my own experience. Hats off to you guys. I can't begin to imagine the amount of pressure you must have been under, so cheers. :)

Brandon: I see you every time in MK, and you're always nice. Ive spoken to you a few times now. I believe you were outside JM's photo session when i came out. And i have to agree with an above poster, all the crew were great concidering you were all under pressure. :wub:

If it was Saturday. then yes I was :)

Thank you for your comments, we work long hours on precious little energy, to be shouted at and (as *has* been the case previously, though not me) physically assaulted, whilst attempting to do our best to help an endless procession of attendees have as good a time as we possibly can.

Y'know what though?

I'm pretty confident that I speak for *all* of the crew when I say that we wouldn't change it (apart from the .01% of... disrespectful souls) for the world :)

Brendon.

Where or were? ;-)

I was - I was working all four days.

Where? On Saturday I was pit boss for the area with Colin Baker etc.

On Sunday (when the events in this thread occurred) I was a guest assistant.