What a disappointment (Eva Myles and John Barrowman)

mariamaria

Soooooo we set off all excited at the prospect of meeting Eva Myles and John Barrowman amoungst others. I have been to many of these so I know what to expect. What I was suprised about was the fact that we had to wait and wait and wait and Eva wasn't even there yet! Finally as she arrived and our time approached we noticed the "no pictures or filming allowed, then even worse neiter Eva nor John would personalise the autographs, what's up with that, can't they spell? I felt it was rushed and was unable to have much of a memory of it which is a shame seeing as we had to travel up to get to MK in the first place.

It came across that both eva and John are so far up their backsides that us little people aren't worth the time (and please don't say they were told they couldn't have pictures taken ect because of lack of time because I believe that they have a say!) .

It seems that some people got virtual tickets where as we were told it was an open que which I imagined made some people not very happy!

Thhis event just seems to get worse and worse, don't think I will go back again, no matter who is there!

One the other hand Twany cypress, Linda Blair, Nancy Allen were wonderful, lots of time for us, pictures, personalise autograph! Great stuff!

Right, time to stop whining :D

Come on people, tell me off now! :D

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John and Eve were signing for a total of 4 hours pretty much. If they personalised, that pretty much doubles the time for each photo, so only half the people could get to see them, so its pretty fair looking at it like that really.

People taking photos jams up the queue, where there were 2000 people to try and get through. It was chaotic! YES they are TOLD what to do by their agents, its quite rude to say they are up their backsides- did they even have to be here today? Um, no?

just a quickie - at what point did eve stop personalising photos then? i got her about 11 ish and she was personalising then and when i saw john at 2:45 he was still personalising in front of me and did so with mine :S Unless it was just a random on off sorta thing. The only person who didnt personalise was James Marsters

hmmm weird :S

Anyone know if they got through all their tickets in the end?

I had 1500+ for John and 1300+ for Eve but had to leave early...

Yes and no.

Trading laws meant that no further autographs could be sold after 5pm. For the last few minutes before 5pm, both Eve and John went open queue, so that anyone who had stayed around got an autograph. We know though that quite a few people had departed before then.

On the matter of posed photographs, personalisation, and guests being snotty. The instructions came from the event organisers, not the guests or their agents. I only know the exact details with JB not EM, but in his case the decision was made at the start of signing that he would not spend time on posed photographs, but that we would allow personalisation. When this proved too slow, we cut the personalisations, but he made the effort to speak with all fans who were buying autographs right through the day, with the result that everyone who stayed got to meet him.

Nick

Guest assistant to John Barrowman 04 May 2008

It's always going to be a problem when guests do the photo's sessions as well. James Marsters doesn't personalise at all, and John and Eva had over a thousand people wanting to see them, it wouldn't be fair to others if everyone had something personalised and had a photo.

You obviously don't know John and Eve very well to think they would be up their back sides and choose not to personalise and take photos. I'm sure if both of them had the time and had chance to see everyone they would both love to. You should be grateful you met them people won't have been able to see them.

I got two items autographed by John before his photo session. He personalised both items, and smiled and chatted. He smiled throughout the photo session (600 people!), and then cheerfully got back to signing. Just be grateful that someone with his hectic schedule took an entire day out to meet fans. :headscratch:

It was'nt too long ago that John B never had queues at film con's and would sit waiting for someone to come up to him,think LFACC 06 was one time i'd seen him less than busy

How things have changed.

Soooooo we set off all excited at the prospect of meeting Eva Myles and John Barrowman amoungst others. I have been to many of these so I know what to expect. What I was suprised about was the fact that we had to wait and wait and wait and Eva wasn't even there yet! Finally as she arrived and our time approached we noticed the "no pictures or filming allowed, then even worse neiter Eva nor John would personalise the autographs, what's up with that, can't they spell? I felt it was rushed and was unable to have much of a memory of it which is a shame seeing as we had to travel up to get to MK in the first place.

It came across that both eva and John are so far up their backsides that us little people aren't worth the time (and please don't say they were told they couldn't have pictures taken ect because of lack of time because I believe that they have a say!) .

It seems that some people got virtual tickets where as we were told it was an open que which I imagined made some people not very happy!

Thhis event just seems to get worse and worse, don't think I will go back again, no matter who is there!

One the other hand Twany cypress, Linda Blair, Nancy Allen were wonderful, lots of time for us, pictures, personalise autograph! Great stuff!

Right, time to stop whining :headscratch:

Come on people, tell me off now! :wub:

This has come over quite rude - it wasn't their fault, all instructions came from the organisers. I met Eve and she was brilliant, pleasant to talk to and personalised my item. I didn't meet John because people had been queing up since 3 in the morning. They are both lovely people.

I met John back at LFCC- not as a guest, but I bumped into him and had a chat. I'm not a Who fan or anything, so felt no need for an auto- but I like him for the misc things he does- Nancy, presenting, theatre, etc, so I got a photoshoot. I've got bad feet so I didn't wana queue up for ages in the morning for an auto, esp if it may not be personalised- I may do if he goes again, we'll see... but I saw how hectic it was, and I totally agree with the no personalisations rule or photos in that situation. It was nice of him to turn up at all and agree to so many photosessions!

Anyone know if they got through all their tickets in the end?

I had 1500+ for John and 1300+ for Eve but had to leave early...

Yes and no.

Trading laws meant that no further autographs could be sold after 5pm. For the last few minutes before 5pm, both Eve and John went open queue, so that anyone who had stayed around got an autograph. We know though that quite a few people had departed before then.

On the matter of posed photographs, personalisation, and guests being snotty. The instructions came from the event organisers, not the guests or their agents. I only know the exact details with JB not EM, but in his case the decision was made at the start of signing that he would not spend time on posed photographs, but that we would allow personalisation. When this proved too slow, we cut the personalisations, but he made the effort to speak with all fans who were buying autographs right through the day, with the result that everyone who stayed got to meet him.

Nick

Guest assistant to John Barrowman 04 May 2008

Hey Nick just wanted to ask how it was sitting next to John and what he was like?

If they had personalised, you'd be moaning that your number didn't get called! They were both personalising intially but EvE told me that she was stunned at how busy she was - this was at about 10.40, and when I laughed and said she hadn't seen anything, she seemed genuinely shocked that she would be popular. Far from being up herself, she was the most down to earth person you could wish to meet. John also did his best to make an effort to speak to every single person. I really don't know what you were expecting, but I couldn't and wouldn't ask for more from single day signees.

Hey Nick just wanted to ask how it was sitting next to John and what he was like?

Hard work, not through his fault, but just through volume of work.

He was very professional, and very funny at times. I am now worn out - and I didn't have to drive anywhere tonight. He had to work harder and keep up the public side too.

There are other tales too - but not for this forum ;-)

Guests with high pressured queues often have to cut out on personalising. John and Eve aren't the first or only ones who have ever done it. It's just something that has to happen when the preassure is that excessive. There's no need to make it a personal thing, it's just something unfortunate that can happen at these kind of events.

I had gone today especially because Eve was going to be there. I got there just before 10.00 and found the end of the queue for the virtual tickets was outside in the car park. Despite this I stll got a ticket in the mid 600's whereas I noticed John's were in the mid 800's. Eve seemed to make quite a lot of headway through hers and after popping back several times I noticed about 2-2.30 she had gone to an open queue but you still had to provide a valid ticket to get in.

I got through to see her quite quickly and under the circumstances understand and accepted no personalisations and no photos. Not the first time this has happened with a big guest and I noticed James Marsters was doing the same. If a guest is as busy as Eve was then it's easy to understand why it happens. I found Eve to be very charming and funny and despite showing signs of being tired she was still smiling and was very friendly to everybody.

Due to my own failings where my memory is concerned I forgot to get a signed photo for a friend who couldn't make it. I went back after her photo shoot and this time it was a proper open queue and tickets were not required. Despite this being about 4.15 both John and Eve were in good spirits and were still very friendly and seemed to be having a whale of a time.

I expect the original poster would have complained had they not met Eve or John because they had spent too long personalising or posing for photos.

it just has to be expected if there a really huge star, so many people are gonna go away really dissapointed if they dont meet them and it isnt fair on them, its just part of going to shows.

James Marsters was so nice about the no personalisation thing, i think he made up for it with the time he gave everyone he wanted to speak with everyone which i thought was really good and to me thats as good as a personalisation when the guest speaks to you and shakes your hand.

I didn't find either of them to be "up their backsides" or that they thought of the fans as "little people"!!

They were both really lovely, JB was very busy so couldn't chat as much but EM was really sweet, genuinely surprised by how many people had turned up and was one of the nicest, friendliest guests I met all weekend!!

That first post was quite rude IMO!!

i felt it was rushed which is totally understandable,but in no way did they appear rude or up their own backsides,JB was great with the little boy who was in front of me,and was pleasant to me,and as for photos i completely understand the need for the no photo rule,1000 + people,a photo shoot etc plus the poor guy has to eat and pee :WINCE: ,if posing for a photo each time then half the amount would have got to meet him

regards

sharon

Met both Eve and JB both asked me if i wanted it personalising or just signing. Both were great and had time to talk to you.

By the way Nick i was there when Eve turned up if what happened then was anything to go by i would love to hear the staories you have sometime.

Hard work, not through his fault, but just through volume of work.

He was very professional, and very funny at times. I am now worn out - and I didn't have to drive anywhere tonight. He had to work harder and keep up the public side too.

There are other tales too - but not for this forum ;-)

lol would love to hear them sometime n think its fair to say u deserve a good rest :WINCE: