Thanks from Too Tall

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Just wanted to thank all of you that crewed over the weekend.

A special thanks to those that did those "not so nice" jobs over the weekend. It's these jobs that really make the difference between the show running smoothly and it spiralling into chaos. So thank you to those that took on those jobs without complaint and really put their backs into it.

As always, you all did a wonderful job and kept the guests, agents and attendees happy.

I hope you all had a fun weekend? As I said in the morning briefings we're all volunteers and I want everyone to feel they've enjoyed their weekend helping us. I "try" and be as fair as I can be with the rota. There are always about 40-50 crew more than there are Guests Assisting jobs. So not everyone is going to get to GA, there's nothing I can do about that.

If you do feel you got the short end of the stick with jobs at any event please do come and see me at the end of the show. I'm always about at the end when you all sign out. Come and let me know, please don't go home feeling you've had a bad time crewing. I'm quite nice really :whistling: , and I will listen to you. Just remember if you don't say anything then the only person you can blame is yourself when nothing changes. I'm not pyshcic, if I don't know there was an issue I can't help.

I'd like to re-irteate what Jason said on Sunday.....You guys are by far the best crew in the business.

See you all too soon :blush:

Edited by Too Tall

Thanks Stuart.

I think you do a great job organising all our jobs and always try and understand it must be difficult at times. It also can't be easy when so many of turn up late and I hold my hands up and apologise for making our car load late on Sunday morning... I didn't quite realise how long it would take me to hobble round the doors that morning. :headscratch:

Major thanks for saving my voice on Sunday afternoon. (And saving several members of the public who were coming dangerously close to have large, heavy objects thrown at them for standing in the exit.)

:D

Kip

Edited by KrazyKid197

• Moderators

Thanks for trying to be as fair as possible in regards to jobs and balancing them out throughout the weekend - I realise how difficult that be with the amount of crew we have, and the slightly lower number of jobs to share out between them, so you'll obviously never be able to keep everyone happy.

It's nice to think you'll get a better job the next day when you're stuck in Ops though lol

I am joking in all honesty .. you know I don't mind it, but it was a pain in the @rse this time in regards to having no laptop, and not being able to use a radio etc, so it felt like there was nothing we could do .. but I'm sure that'll all be covered when you look back at the event anyway!

Hope you had a good weekend yourself :D

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks guys and gals :D

I just don't want the crew to feel they have no say in what they get to do. I don't want you guys to feel I'm sat here making the decisions and you have no choice but to do what you're given, show after show. I want you guys to know I will listen to you, I will change things at the next show if you've had an issue.

We had a couple at C12 and I will make sure it's sorted for G-Mex. I won't name names, but some people had a bad deal at LFCC. I was told or they told me and so I made sure at this show they got looked after. As I said above I can't do that if I don't know.

I guarantee nothing expect I will always be fair, and will always try and help. I want the crew to feel I am approachable, I'm not some evil boss man that will just slap you down for making a suggestion. I got given this job because I do care, I do listen. Talk to me god dam it!!! :D

Hope you had a good weekend yourself :smile:

I had a really good weekend.

Saturday afternoon was "interesting" with the lateness of Danny and trying to deal with the local yobs that seemed to think it was funny to try and annoy him and climb over the grey boards into his photoshoot!

The rest of the weekend went really well. I had a great Sunday, it was almost completely stress free :D

Pleasure as always Too Tall, great to work with you again. Many thanks for looking after me as I had a bad time at London, you really help me. Many thanks

Ian xx

You're more than welcome ;)

Saturday afternoon was "interesting" with the lateness of Danny and trying to deal with the local yobs that seemed to think it was funny to try and annoy him and climb over the grey boards into his photoshoot!

I was on the photo session area during Danny Dyers photo shoot......and I still missed all the fun :D:drunk::wub:

Major thanks for saving my voice on Sunday afternoon. (And saving several members of the public who were coming dangerously close to have large, heavy objects thrown at them for standing in the exit.)

^_^

Kip

+ Saving My Ears.. From Bleeding with the " Pls don't stand there thats an Exit"

:YAHOO:)

Go Kip!!

• Showmasters Admin

I was on the photo session area during Danny Dyers photo shoot......and I still missed all the fun :P:wub:;)

First they tried to climb over the wall on the inside to take pictures. They did it just as I turned up and so they got a very loud "Oy NO!", and they ran off.

Then they decided to try it from outside. One sat on the other one's shoulders and they tried to take a picture over the grey boards. Was pretty funny when I went outside as the one on the bottom saw me but the one on the top didn't. So the one on the bottom started to run away with the lad on top swinging around like a rag doll trying to hold on. They got about 3 steps before falling over in a heap. We had words!

I was on the photo session area during Danny Dyers photo shoot......and I still missed all the fun ;):YAHOO::wub:

First they tried to climb over the wall on the inside to take pictures. They did it just as I turned up and so they got a very loud "Oy NO!", and they ran off.

Then they decided to try it from outside. One sat on the other one's shoulders and they tried to take a picture over the grey boards. Was pretty funny when I went outside as the one on the bottom saw me but the one on the top didn't. So the one on the bottom started to run away with the lad on top swinging around like a rag doll trying to hold on. They got about 3 steps before falling over in a heap. We had words!

HAHA classic :P

I was on the photo session area during Danny Dyers photo shoot......and I still missed all the fun :P:wub:;)

I would've paid good money to have seen this!