fav guests & y?

ditz

i loved craig parker! he's got way too much energy though! i was dead to the world this morning yet he was bouncing all over the place!!!!

miranda otto was really nice.

gareth Danid-Lloyd was nice too chat too!

but leslie phillips was amazing! he was soooo nice! and you could chat to him all day! :thumbup:

I agree Leslie Phillips was really nice, though neither of us or his assistant could remember how to spell Gryffindor! :thumbup: He eventually spelled it with one 'f', but that's fine!

The real stars, for me and my son, were the Phelps twins - my son was well chuffed when they remembered him, when we went back in the afternoon to get his posed photo with them signed. By then, we even knew which twin was which :D

Bring on G-Mex 3!

Colin Baker probably he was so nice to me and I think I scared him about thinking his career is over by asking him what he would most like to be remembered for - playing the 6th Doctor, being in The Brothers, or for something he hadn't done yet

and he said for something he hadn't done yet as it held out hope that something big was round the corner.

craig parker definately.

met him first thing in the morning, then had the photo shoot then went back to see him again in the afternoon

he was so friendly had had so much energy all day and was willing to chat and have loadsa photos taken.

think i ended up with like 10 photos with him, if not more!!!

Gotta say I loved DWight and Dirk. They're like a double act! So funny with the banter between them... Dirk's a lovely lovely man... But the pic i have of me and him makes me look like an escaped mental patient. :thumbup: Never mind... i was just... a little.... Happy... at meeting me childhood hero's.

Colin Baker was actually nice as well.... Apparently he comes from the same place me and my friend did and knew a lot of the local haunts!!! We had a really nice chat! Oh and Michael Dorn... He offered to get me a job as an alien in order to help me get out of a life spreading poo for a lviing!!

All of the guests I met were superb - I've never been to an event when I came away happy with all of the guests.

Bonnie Piesse - was lovely

Robert Englund - Really chatty but very scary once he gets that glove on!

Ari Lehmann - Completely Bonkers

Dirk and Dwight - chatty down to earth fellas

Bruce Spence - Tall - very tall!!

My favourite was probably Robert as he was spending so much time with people chatting and posing for photos even though the big sign above his head said no posed photos!!

I have to say all the guests that i met were gr8. Craig made me laugh and blush at the same time.

Such a happy person no complaints about him. Would talk for hours with him.

My son met Daniel Logan and he was great with must of talked to him about half hour, then signed his lightsaber and pics, my son loved it. He also met Jeremy Bulloch he was gr8 with my son too.

I met Miranda and Mark, they were fine, but not as gr8 as Craig.

Robert Englund was exceptional posed for photo with my kids. :smile:

Everyone I met was pretty nice, I was so nervous meeting some of them I didn't say a lot so it's hard to judge whether the guests were nice or not! I was quite awe struck at meeting both Dirk and Dwight, all I really said to both of them was that Murdock and Face were always my favourite characters.

The stand out friendly guest for me were Colin Baker, Craig Parker, Lane Garrison and Bonnie Piesse.

Colin was really friendly and chatty and let us make a video of him answering my mates random questions, he wasn't very busy but he could have easily refused.

I didn't get Craig's autograph but my friend and I was just taking the photos, but Craig asked me if I wanted a posed pic anyway, something I never would have expected.

Lane was just a stunner, he wasn't offended when I told him I hadn't liked Tweener at first and he answered my friends random questions which he laughed at. I didn't video the answers because there was a queue forming but he was a great sport and I'm sure he'd have let me!

I probably scared Bonnie by talking soley about a TVM she did called 'Attack of the Sabertooth' and how me and my friends have video nights where we watch silly movies... it was only after i'd walked away I realised hadn't mentioned Star Wars once, really nice girl and gorgeous to boot!

Edited by Toxie

• Moderators

I'd have to say Lane was the best, very friendly to everyone and just great to talk to about PB and everything else. And Paul McGann, he's a very cool guy who ended up stalking me on the train on the way home too. That's value for money.

Everyone else I managed to talk to was really nice too though, didn't have any bad experiences myself :wub:

My only vaugly bad experience was when I told Glynis Barber that I thought Soolin had been a great character but the Blake's 7 writers did bugger all with the character, she kind of laughed but I think she was a bit pissed off, lol

It has to be Craig and Miranda. I'd met craig before and as always had us all laughing...you've godda love him (did i mention my fangirl crush on him?!) Can't say the "after-lunch breath" was nice though craig! even after 3 smints! though i did wonder if he was gonna let me have my empire book back after we'd had a photo.

Miranda was great, just what i expected. I was wearing my Eowyn costume on the saturday and as I walked upto the desk she smiled and said "I've worn that dress a few times" which was nice cause I wasn't sure how chatty she'd be. I had my black and white picture quoted & signed of eowyn and faramir that david wenham had already signed and we chatted about the houses of healing scene (which is what the picture was of)

I went along to the photo shoot and she remembered me (hard not to I guess, I did stand out a bit in that dress!) and then late afternoon I bought an A3 sized lotr picture set so took it along to get the eowyn picture signed and had another chat about her week leading upto the show and her little girl.

Overall I was really happy. I didn't meet anyone on the sunday other than a hello to lane on the next table and a wave and hello to kavan at the other end of the cash desk!

Mine would be Andrew Bryniarski and Ari Lehman...but I'm biast coz there actually friends of mine..I was sat with Andrew through out both days.....and after the party me, my friend, Ari and Andrew got a cab and went to Opus in the printworks...it was a total blast!!

also If TALL PAUL is readin...dude it was great meetin you man,look forward to seeing you again...

everyone who was there, were probably the nicest lot of guests I have ever met at a convention. This may have been due to it not being so busy but even people who were really busy like The A-Team lot and Miranda Otto were all very nice and pleasant. Especially all the Bond guests, e.g Terry Mountain, I stood chatting to him for around 15 mins, talking about how he became an actor and what acting I had done etc. Made a few jokes up e.g saying that I looked like Tom Cruise etc. He was an awsome guest. Congratulations Showmasters on getting a great load of guests.

Impossible to pick a fave guest from the weekend. Robert Englund was excellent, spoke to him for a while about the various projects he has done (& the director of Urban Legend), he even drew a caricature of Freddy on my Freddy pencil sketch print.

Lane Garrison, as everyone has said, was a true gentelman, really chatty and interesting. I spoke to him about his screenplay "Succubus" and he mentioned he may be able to film some of it in London next year (here's hoping). I was chuffed that he was a big fan of the horror genre and is writing horror screenplays.

Miranda Otto. What a sweetheart, very warm & friendly, managed to speak to her a bit on the Sunday when the queue was quiet. John Kassir & Julie Benz-amazing guests, Julie spoke about her character in the "Faith" episode of Supernatural, John discussed the original EC horror comics that Tales from the Crypt was based on.

Andrew Bryniarski was great on the Saturday when I saw him, spoke about his interpretation of Leatherface being the most sympathetic thus far in the series, very cool guy! Craig Paker was on top form as usual, always a pleasure to meet, and finally, Ari Lehman was a dude! So enthusiastic (wish I would have known about his CD though).

So, can't really pick a fave guest, as they were all amazing!