OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hi I'm Victoria.

I live in Tamworth and I am a nurse.

I have just come home from my first convention which was the Twilight Prom in Birmingham. I had such a fantastic time time and met some great friendly people.

I ahve always loved Vampire movies, TV and books since I was really little. Safe to say the last couple of years have been a delight to me.

I look forward to getting to know you all and having great chats. I will put a photo on when I find a decent one.

Miss V

Hi I'm Victoria.

I live in Tamworth and I am a nurse.

I have just come home from my first convention which was the Twilight Prom in Birmingham. I had such a fantastic time time and met some great friendly people.

I ahve always loved Vampire movies, TV and books since I was really little. Safe to say the last couple of years have been a delight to me.

I look forward to getting to know you all and having great chats. I will put a photo on when I find a decent one.

Miss V

Hey there!! I was at the Birmingham Twiprom too. :P

this website is so huge, I am finding new sections every day! :D

Name: Rhianydd or Rhi for short

Age: 38 (but don't really remember til I pass a mirror! lol )

Had always secretly wanted to go to conventions, but was never with anyone who would do that, hubby (kev) is finally realising how much of a geek I am after nearly 18 years of marriage (18 on this halloween). Have got two stunning boys Kieran 15 and Matthew 12. I think Kieran is waiting until 16 so he can apply to crew too! He absolutely loved the last two cons we took them to, well all of us did!

I joined the forum in March, first con was LFCC 09. Started crewing at collectormania London 09.

I am a huge film fan, especially of sci fi

Always up stupid late at night so am usually browsing the forum when I should be making cakes (I own a cake making business and teach, demonstrate, write for cake magazines etc)

P5280055.jpg

Edited by Rhianydd

Name: Christothea (Christa for short) :YAHOO:

Age: 24 Well, I am a taurus born 13th May 1985 and yeah 13 is my lucky number hehe) And i am also proud that i was born one year before Robert Pattinson hehe, makes me feel special :poki:

Location: Cyprus (Nicosia) - For people who do not know where is Cyprus they can just click here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus.

But i am glad that most people from UK know where Cyprus is and some brief details. In USA it is much harder, some people confuse it with Cypress, which has nothing to do with Cyprus.

I just joined showmasters last week, so i am pretty new to everything here, trying to work my way through the forums. I am so excited from all the pictures and the conventions, hopefully i will be attending to ET4 next October since i am still studying my Master Degree right now and I will be quite busy.

I am a special education teacher in real life, I finished my BEd and now doing my MEd in Education. Hopefully to do a Doctorate in the future as well.

Besides work and studies i love dancing, it has always been one of my passions, but i do enjoy movies and listening to music. I listen to all kinds of music, i do have favorites though but in general i am an easy going person and open-minded.

My favorite TV series are: Smallville, 24, Lost, The Vampire Diaries, Prison Break...

My favorite films are too many! My uncle owns a DVD store here where i live so i get the chance to watch lots of movies, horror movies, comedies, science fiction, drama, musical.. so it is hard for me to name all of them as you can see. BUT my top fav ones are Pearl Harbor, Twilight, The Notebook.

So.. besides all that, i would love to attend at least to some of the ET's conventions, it is really hard from where i am for celebrities to have conventions, so traveling will be in my plans for the next few years, not that i mind, i do love traveling, and now that i found out about these conventions I would love to attend to as many as i can in the future.

I would also like to say that you all are lucky to have the opportunity to attend to all the conventions if you wish, for me it is a bit hard since i am in another country hehe. But i do enjoy looking at your photos with the celebrities, it is really something wonderful, cause you experienced something really sweet and everyone can see that.

Well, enough about me, I am glad to be a part now and hopefully to meet some of you at the conventions in the future.

I was going to post photos here, but i dont know if i have to use codes or something, so i will just post in the future, after i also attend to a convention and i can also share my first experience with you all!

My account at myspace is :http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=455115113

you can contact me is:

I do use MSN theamichael@hotmail.com but i use Skype a lot more which is theamichael13585@yahoo.com

Catch ya all later! And have fun :WINCE:

~Christa~

• 1 month later...

Cripes this thread is full of photos. Took ages to scroll to the bottom of the page. =o

So I'm new to the Collectormania forums.

My ugly mug, from a work photoshoot:

david-work-box-smaller.jpg

(cheesy grin is cheesy - check out my box-sitting skills!)

I'm a single 26 y/old working as a software developer for a London City-based web software company.

Currently living in Ilford, Essex, and planning to attend my first Collectormania event at the London one at the end of the month.

Looking forward to it, and hope to get some new dorky friends from on here? =3

Edited by ProperDave

Hiya all, I'm Aiden!

I've been crewing for a couple of years now :D

I'm 18, and feel like I get treated as the baby of the crew sometimes, although I'm sure I'm not the youngest. Someone from the crew has even claimed to have become my adopted mother!

I've changed a bit so first an old pic from when I was more recognisable :P

6050_226729965581_518775581_7821003_4518408_n.jpg

My hair fell out this summer :( so this is me now:

10325_179794598915_736488915_3831264_2761862_n.jpg

10320_287987365581_518775581_9053213_6227687_n.jpg

(I had to show off my tux :P)

So anyone feel free to add me on fb or msn (details below) or just say hi to me at the show :D

Edited by Oodain

I've been to two Showmasters's events now and haven't yet introduced myself on this forum - how rude of me *g*.

So, er, this is me. My real name's Ian, I live in Brighton, and as for my age ... well I'm old enough to know better but young enough not to care. :-)

Despite being something of an amateur photographer, I hate hate HATE all photos of me. This is the most I'm comfortable with. *g*

3630636750_fa440033d1_b.jpg

(This photo was taken to form part of a Photo Project in which I got some of my friends to pose for some photos wearing their favourite clothes and with an item of significant personal worth. So this is me with my Hat and my light-up replica One Ring. Before anyone asks, I'm not actually a fan of Lord Of The Rings. The reason I like this particular one is because I won it in a card game tournament where several others cheated but I played honest and fair and beat the lot of them. I like it as it reminds me that sometimes nice guys CAN finish first. :D )

So as I say, I'm not a fan of Lord Of The Rings but I am a fan of:

*Farscape

*Winona Ryder

*Star Wars

*Philip K Dick

*Futurama

*Winona Ryder

*The Alien movies (but NOT any of the Alien v Predator films)

*The Predator movies (but, I repeat, NOT any of the Alien v Predator films)

*John Brunner

*Winona Ryder

*Buffy

*Angel

*Winona Ryder

*Comics - specifically DC and some indy publishers

*Alfred Bester (the writer, not the character from Babylon 5 ... although having said that, see the next item on this list)

*Babylon 5

*Winona Ryder

*Firefly

*The Marx Brothers

*Winona Ryder

*Farscape

I'm also a massive gamer. I love RPGs, card games, board games, word games, computer games, I'll happily play them all. I've even designed several RPGs and board games and one day hope to see them published.

Oh, and I like Winona Ryder.

I think that's about it. Look forward to seeing you all at the next event. :D

P.S. Did I mention Winona Ryder?

Edited by Stenun

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm never any good at these things but here goes!

Hey I'm Natalie aka Chelsea.Smile, I am 17 in just over a week (woop woop) and I live in the Gloucester/Bristol kinda area. I am currently at college studying Animal Care and hope to carry on with that. I am a very big fan of vampires and I currently LOVE True Blood and the Sookie Stackhouse book series. I'm also one for CSI as I'm very much into all that science stuff :(

I don't know what else to day, so will leave it here but feel free to talk to me on here :]

Cya! X

www.myspace.com/natalieriotrawr

RAWR____x@hotmail.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

2s6nf9j.jpg

Hi my name is Daniel I have been going to Showmasters events for a couple of years now. My favourite films are Tim Burton Films, Rob Zombie Films, John Carpenters Halloween, Christopher Nolan Batman Films, Quentine Tarantino Films, Terminator films and the SAW films. My favourite comic character is the Joker. Iam 23 years old and I love to play the drums and the guitar, my favourite bands are Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper and KISS the greatest band in the world. Im currently studying at Reading University BA Business. I have posted some pics of me meeting some stars at showmasters events, instrore signings and back stage at gigs.

wv1zc2.jpg

2ito8s5.jpg

1zb3tpx.jpg

2rm85tf.jpg

bjakcl.jpg

20gb5kw.jpg

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

Hi, I guess it's time I introduced myself to people.

I'm Charmaine, commonly called Char or Charm. Hail from the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset, which makes it damed impossible to get anywhere. I'm 21, working in the kitchens at an outdoor education centre in town.

Erm... I guess you can have a picture:

untitled2.jpg

It's an old one, my hair hasn't looked like that in a few months.

Erm... interests... Torchwood, Star Wars, writing, reading, collecting Collectables that my parents think is a waste of money.

That's me really.

Feel free to add my Facebook, it's in my sig.

C

xoxo

Wow. Haven't introduced my self yet :|

I'm Chantelle. Call me whatever you want, quite frankly, i don't give a damn ;)

I'm 15 at the moment. will be sixteen by the next time i attend/crew an event.

I am currently looking into doing an art course at college, as well as media, film and english :]

I am terribly fond of music, don't go a day without listening to about 3 hours worth of music :) Most favourite bands include:

My Chemical Romance, Lostprophets, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Placebo, Madina Lake, 30 Seconds To Mars, Muse, Newton Faulkner, Prodigy, Madness, Paramore, System Of A Down, Serj Tankian, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Linkin Park, Tokio Hotel, Maximum The Hormone, Alice Nine, Fall Out Boy and Blink 182.

My first event that i attended was London Film and Comic Con, 2009. My first and only crewing experiences were Dimensions (Newcastle, November) & Collectormania London (London, November). Since going to events i've made plenty of new friends, mates, marital partners ;)

i would post a picture of myself, but to be fair i can barely work these forums :]

you wanna see, go to www.facebook.com/chantellios

ed002.jpg?t=1265148775

this is me - THE DUDE :lol: with the goddess that is ELIZA DUSHKU :P

i love her character in Bring It On :]

Sir dude you look awesome in this photo and your so lucky to be next to an angel and on the plus side you like NFL so do I.

Big NFL fan, GO GIANTS!

looking forward to the superbowl tonight - have some money down on the saints for a upset ;)

I've never ever seen this thraed before, so I apologise for cracking above 1,000 posts and never even introducting myself!

My names Victoria/Vicky. I'm 19. I've been to a few Collectormania Glasgows and went to last years London Film and Comic Con.

I tried my hand at nursing at college/uni but really didn't like it so I'm going back next year to do Animal Care which is wha I've always wanted to do anyway :).

I cosplay Lara Croft, but this year I'm stepping away from her for a wee while and trying Twilight cosplay.

I have no idea what else to say so heres a few pictures lol:

6289_260218495108_887575108_8364412_7061734_n.jpg

6289_260218485108_887575108_8364411_6179336_n.jpg

17039_442446080108_887575108_10675116_6458666_n.jpg

19939_474905545108_887575108_10897655_7759162_n.jpg

Hey! So I figure, seeing as I'm going to my second SM event soon, I really should sign up and introduce myself to the forum I have lurked on for a good long while!

Please note: I suck about making myself seem interesting in these things so here we go:

The name's Jen, short for Jennifer, but my sister has nicknamed me 'Niffa' and I think that's pretty unique so I like it. I'm 23, just bought my very first house with my partner, and I'm from/live in a town in between Southampton and Portsmouth in good old Hampshire. I work in a DVD rental shop, which is possibly the best job ever. I get paid to watch films and play on the computer! Speaking of computers, I'm on a computer with no pics on it, so you'll have to forgive me, I'll add some in when I can.

Sooo, what's next? Guess we should get onto the likes and dislikes, yes? Awesome! =D

I've been raised watching Star Trek: Next Generation with my dad, so that always has a soft spot in my heart, especially seeing as I can do the 'Live Long and Prosper' and he can't. I've always had an infatuation with vampires and werewolves, absolutely LOVE Ginger Snaps trilogy, but am kinda getting bored of the overload of vampire shows/films out at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I like some of them, just preferred it when I was semi weird for liking them lol. Oooh I'm also waiting for them to release a book or film where the vampire is kick ass, believes they are above humans, burn in sunlight and are generally the meanie you can't help but like. I like to write, so maybe I might create it one day.

Um... Supernatural is another one of my favourites! I know, Jared and Jensen do help with the adoration but to be completely honest I'd still probably love it without them, just as long as the soundtrack stays!!!

Which brings me onto my next point, music is what I live by. I've been raised in a house of musicians, gigging with my dad's bands, doing backing for them/him (I was trained to roadie and be sound tech at a young age XD) I love tinkering around on the computer, building websites, and I'm a self confessed Photoshop whore =D

This probably has a slight pessimistic tone to it, sorry but it's late and I get cranky when tired =D I'm actually quite fun and have a sense of humour my dad says will get me into, then out of, trouble. I try not to take things too seriously unless they have to be but I am hellishly stubborn at times, then again, who isn't!

Soo, looking forward to getting to know people!

Jen 'Niffa' <-- see how that works out there XD

Edited by Niffa

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Nick, and im from Essex

Im blaming Jason Mewes for me being here, and for spending so much money over the years

My first Showmasters event, or any event of this type was LFCC 2008, Im a big fan of Kevin Smiths films and decided to go when Jason Mewes was announced.

Ive since been to every Milton Keynes, Birmingham or London event that Showmasters have run, and spent so much doing so, but i love it!

Looks like ill be at 4 events this year, Starting with Autographica, then Milton Keynes followed by LFCC and Collectormania London

Ill get some pics up soon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 20 and i live in hertfordshire/buckinghamshire i'm at university studying music entertainment and live event management.

I Love going to gigs, music, photography, graphic design and going out drinking, oh and starbucks!!. I hate bugs, moths, daddy long legs, spiders -eurgh-. I spend far too much time online, like most of my time i am online. I blame the blackberry and it's unlimited bb data.

Film: Twilight, The bad Mothers handbook, The Notebook, Dirty Dancing, Big Daddy, Forest Gump, The pursuit of Happiness, A Walk to Remember, 10 things I hate about you, The Prince & Me 1&2, Camp Rock

Music: McFly, Paramore, Kings of Leon, The Saturdays :$, Katy Perry, Robert Pattinson, Secondhand serrenade, Go:Audio, Fall out boy, Blink 182, P!nk, Scouting for Girls, The Script, can't beat a little bit of Avril every now and again, Ross Copperman, David Archuleta, Simple Plan, Dashboard Confessional, Bruce Springsteen, 30 Seconds to Mars, All American Rejects, Angels and Airwaves, Busted

TV: One Tree Hill, Brothers & Sisters, Family Guy, Hollyoaks, Hustle, Heroes, Friends, Greys Anatomy, 90210, Gossip girl, Charmed

Been to LFCC 09 Collectormania 15?

Going to Collectormania 16 and LFCC 10

myspace.com/storyofabrokenheart_

facebook.com/amy.boon1

please do not judge me for my childish choices in music and film.

n574045800_7226.jpg

18731_299095670800_574045800_5100792_5692534_n.jpg

11057_213475040800_574045800_4544690_6535729_n.jpg

Edited by amyxx