OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Heyy, I'm Hayley, but i go by Haylz or Haylz.

i'm twnetyone years young, soon to be twentytwo.

i'm from north wales.

horror/thriller is my favourite genre of movies but dirty dancing is my favourite film.

RnB is my favourite type of music but i'll listen to anything at least once.

i watch far too much tv. some of my favourite shows are supernatural, one tree hill, charmed, gossip girl, 90210 and shameless... yet there are many many more.

i love to read and my favourite book is twilight closely followed by the shopaholic series.

picture

picture of my cousin and i.

i'm the red-head... although i'm a natural brunette.

Hi all. I'm Kat. I'm 24 and I'm from Liverpool.

I work for a bank - which IS as boring as it sounds. ;)

I love music. It's my life. I love my friends. They're my life too - combining the two makes me very happy indeed. ;)

Music wise I'm into almost anything - I'll try anything once. ;) I'm a huge Hanson fan - yep folks. Hanson. They're still very much alive and kicking.

I'm a simple soul - I don't watch a lot of TV at all - I do enjoy movies and I love to read. I love travelling the world - usually to see my friends and see bands play. My most recent vacation was The Rock Boat. It's a cruise that leaves Miami and travels around International Waters. Music all day and night - every day and night. Bliss.

Here's me!

Dancing like a mad woman at a show on mentioned vacation.

9359edad.jpg

Me and my friend Anna. (She'll be coming to the Twilight Convention with me.)

130db771.jpg

Me again. Yes, unfortunately, I AM that white. :/ ;)

aeca6777.jpg

Voila. I feel like I was applying for some sort of job there. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm Nicôle (please don't call me Nicola!), and I live in Northampton (although I'm not from there).

Work-wise I'm a professional grammar fascist (proofreader and copy editor), but since I'd go absolutely insane if I didn't get to indulge my creative side, I spend a day a week making bespoke corsets and bridal wear for paying clients. I've had my work featured on the BBC, in several independent films and in Marie-Claire and Vogue.

Leisure-wise I'm very into British medieval history and was a re-enactor/living historian for almost two decades. These days I join my partner in his LRP/interactrive literature endeavours...although I find it a little odd at times! For my own pleasure, I still like to make historically accurate costume, and I love masquerade balls because it means I get to actually dress up in it! Fortunately, I live in a large house, so have room to store everything! I knit too, and make most of my day to day clothes as well (not all of which are knitted, I hasten to add!).

I've been into sci-fi since I was very young (Patrick Troughton was my first Doctor), and as much as I love Who, my favourite SF has to be Farscape (I adore Scorpius). I also love Harry Potter, and find it bizarrely coincidental that my grandmother was called Beatrix le Strange, and that her mother's maiden name was Potter! (As far as I know, my family has no connection with JKR, although my partner is related to Helena B-C; they're second cousins twice removed, or something equally distant!)

I'm an avid videogamer, and have been for around 25 years. Luckily my partner shares my passion...which is just as well because he works in the games industry! So, win win all round!

I hope to be able to get to know some of you before Hub 3. :wub:

Oh, and this is me....

b-1.jpg

im Steve im from barry in south wales im only just getting into the conventions hub2 being my second my film and tv likes are mostly anything with cars in but also like doctor who and torchwood i have my sister to thank for all this and for introducing me to so many nice people she is hells childe 17

• 2 months later...

Hi another old fart here, I'm a 33 year old nerdygeek from Nottinghamshire. I usually attend Collectables in Birmingham but tryingout Milton Keynes Collectormania this year for first time. I'm into comics, films - hororr and sci fi mostly old cult tv and various other stuffins. Just going really to have a wander and see what it's all like.

This is me

mariespalding.jpg

Hi everyone,

my name is Tinne, 25 and I'm from Belgium.

I've been to 2 LFCC's and 1 CM-manchester. My next con will be LFCC (by then I'll be 26 as it's my bday the 17th of july.

My fave TV shows are Buffy, Bones, Firefly, Heroes, Lost, CSI, and many more.

Fave movies and books are Harry Potter and Twilight.

This is a pic of me and James Marsters in Manchester a couple of years ago.

JamesAndMe2.jpg

:D grtz :D

Hi, my name is Kim and I'm 21. I come from Gloucestershire and am a bit of a convention new-bie. I've been to Eternal Twilight and C15 (yesterday), but were amazing! Also been to two non SM/ME shows as well. My next cons are going to be LFCC, Eternal Twilight 2 and Hallowhedon (hopefully Collectormania London too).

I love movies! By favourite genre is horror or sci-fi. Love Hellraiser, Star Wars - things like that. Obsessed with Buffy and Angel! Haven't seen Firefly yet, but I want too I just can't seem to find it on DVD... Anyone help?

Favourite tv shows include: Buffy, Angel, Dr. Who, Bones, The Ghost Whisperer, Stargate SG1 and Torchwood.

I am also a Harry Potter and Twilight fan (both the movies and the books).

Here is a picture of me:

23-y1p-z3ni1lkdbcv-gryawv5bfndthv-30zgru7yovqmp4iljnnyxmx8ypjaaiuq3flv3dgapqciewf8vnbpo1dlkuhjxctkjccm.jpg

Edited by chimmykins

I love movies! By favourite genre is horror or sci-fi. Love Hellraiser, Star Wars - things like that. Obsessed with Buffy and Angel! Haven't seen Firefly yet, but I want too I just can't seen to find it on DVD... Anyone help?

Hey,

maybe you'll find a box at LFCC. Just have a look around the stalls.

Hello !

I'm so new I dont have a display icon or know how to put a picture here.

I do apologise

I'm meant to be revising for my exam tomorrow morning

so obviously I decided to do something else

I'm Conor, I'm 18 from Hinckley (near Leicester)

had a fun filled time at Collectormania 13 and 15

and Collectormania Midlands 3

msn: ccsk@hotmail.co.uk

and thats my email too

add away, in need of distracting anyway.

I love movies! By favourite genre is horror or sci-fi. Love Hellraiser, Star Wars - things like that. Obsessed with Buffy and Angel! Haven't seen Firefly yet, but I want too I just can't seem to find it on DVD... Anyone help?

Which part of Gloucestershire? I'm sure I've seen one somewhere in Gloucester (Asda? The place on the Triangle?)

Which part of Gloucestershire? I'm sure I've seen one somewhere in Gloucester (Asda? The place on the Triangle?)

From Cirencester in Gloucestershire we don't have the best selections of DVD's.

I would agree with that! Go and harass the dopey girl in Tesco and make her order it for you (she's the one on entertainment that does 'computer says no' so well)

:D from thrilling Stroud :o

lol 'computer says no'. True though, some of them are rather dopey there. Bet they've never even heard of Firefly though plus when I wanted Doctor One boxset once they told me they no longer get boxsets in because they don't sell. So, never got it (had to wait for a trip to Cheltenham).

Hello :)

Avril, 30 from Chavtastic Luton.

I love Firefly, 24, Lost, Supernatural, David Hasselhoff, Sarah Connor Chronicles and many many more.

Favourite films include Lord of the Rings, Everthing is Illuminated, All 80's action movies especially Predator and Commando. Amelie, District 13, Spirited Away and so on.

I have been attending Collectormania's since C4 and the madness that was Elijah Wood. I can be a bit fangirly right up to the point where high pitched screams occur.

I have many pets- Mental Jack Russell puppy, 5 ferrets, chickens and a duck called Mr. Quackers!

I used to love Harry Potter to bits, but the seventh book was so bad I only read it once. I adore the Twilight Saga, Eclipse is my favourite.

I love all music from Elvis to Green Day.

I have been rambling on long enough now, cheers!

Hello :)

My name is Stine, and I'm 29 (very soon 30). I come from Herlev, a small town near Copenhagen, Denmark.

Collectormania 15 was my first visit (but not my last!!), so it was a bit thrilling when I met Tom Felton.

I work in a DVD shop, so I really love movies.

My fav movies: LOTR, Harry Potter, australian and british movies and TV-series such as Dog Soldiers, 'Priscilla', The Hard Word, Sharpe, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Mr. Bean, McLeod's Daughters, Paperback Hero, Death at a Funeral etc.

Other TV-shows: Lost, Felicity, Xena and Hercules.

I love actors like Guy Pearce, Russell Crowe, Joel Edgerton, Karl Urban, Viggo Mortensen, David Wenham, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Depp, Sean Pertwee, Paul Bettany, Jason Isaacs, Alan Rickman and many moore..

Hello :unsure: I'm Rachael though everyone calls me Rachey

I'm 22 & live in North London

I'm a long time lurker of the forums but decided it was time to register & join in seeing as I'll be going to my first con (LFCC) for 6 years

Some of my favourite things are: (in no particular order or sense)

Zachary Quinto :wub:, 24, Harry Potter, Twilight, Heroes, Neighbours, Karl Urban, Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Ben Barnes, Star Wars, Star Trek, CSI, Law & Order. There's loads more but I would be typing forever if I was to list ALL my favourites!!!

I love to read! I love to write! I love using these - !!!!!!!!!!! - to an excessive degree

If you'd like to check out my fanfic you can find it http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1684541/ *warning* it's confusing, it's muddled, but that's what happens when you do a multiple crossover!!!

I am a walking contradiction! A walking talking TV guide. A fountain of useless information (especially when it comes to the LotR & Narnia films)

So that's me. Anything else, just ask. I don't bite....much! :YAHOO:

And this is me: DSC00790.jpg

Anyone going to LFCC, please do say hi if you see me there (my hair is currently purple though) as I'll be alone & feeling very shy & scared :wub:

I'm Lizzy, I'm 20, and I'm from just outside Portsmouth. I'm at Reading Uni studying Ancient History and Archaeology. CM15 was my first convention, and I absolutely loved it!

My main loves are Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sharpe.

I also love music and going to gigs - my favourite bands are AFI and The Blackout, but there are many more! I also love John Barrowman and some classical, especially soundtracks or something really epic. I adore Beethoven's moonlight sonata.

I love to read, write and sew - I love making costumes but I've never cosplayed as I never think what I make is up to the standard I want it to be.

I love the theatre, and go whenever I can. I especially adore Shakespeare. My favourites are Macbeth, Hamlet and Much Ado About Nothing.

I'll mainly be going to things on my own, but even if I'm not come say hi if you see me, I love to meet new people and I'm friendly haha :unsure:

Feel free to add me on myspace

This is me:

80230275.png

Edited by lizzy88

Hi I am the Dude :smile: (Real name Lee)

From Birmingham, avid fan and collector of what seems like every thing

Regular visitor to all the CM/LFCC shows - i am the tall guy that normally wears a various style blue NY giants american football top

Top TV shows:

Supernatural

Smallville

Friday Night Lights

Star Trek (all)

Chuck

Ghost Whisperer

Dexter

Lie To Me

Family Guy

Tru Calling

Simpsons

Futurama

Dollhouse

Buffy

Angel

Firefly

Dead like Me

Heroes

Lost

Blackadder

Mr Bean

Favourite Films (short list)

Star Wars

Kill Bill

Death Note

Ichi the Killer

Stand By Me

Sin City

Reservior Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Lord of the rings trilogy

Star Trek (would include First Contact and latest offering as tops)

Favourite Sports

American Football - GO GIANTS

Baseball

Football

Favourite Music

Pearl Jam

REM

Nickleback

Guns and Roses

Regular traveller - with recent trips to New York, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Chicago, Rome and Prague

Comic book collector, Action figure collector, Film/TVMemorabilla collector, Signature collector, model collector, NY Giants memorabilla collector, collector of baseball stuff, american football stuff , Simpsons stuff, Deathnote stuff - have i forgot anything - not a inch of space left in my rooms at home that hasn't got some sort of collectorable stuff

Favourite Guest from past shows

Eliza Dushku ;)

Adam Baldwin

Erica Durance

Burt Reynolds

this list could go on, so i will stop there

looking forward to all the upcoming shows and many thanks to showmasters for all the great guests they have been able to obtain in all the past shows (first event i went to was CM2 and all but one CM, all the LFCC and some of the midlands and manchester shows) - keep up the good work

the dude :D

:D thought id already introduced myself any way dont know how to load pics on here have tryed im tracy from wombourne in the west midlands and it look like im the oldest im 45 and have noticed another member on here disney dude from brierley hill up the road from me im a carer and as you know a huge fan of tom baker since i was 10 and this will be the 4th time since last year ive met tom i also met him brefley when i was little but when your older ive got more excited about meeting tom every time i see him

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I hate intro threads, but I'm new, navigating the many different forums and figured I may as well start here.

I'm James, I work/do whatever I feel like from home which results in me looking like this:

normal_boredasfeck.jpg

...most of the time. I also like spandex, cake, pens and sushi. I dislike people who tell me smokings bad for me as if I didn't know, people who call me Jim and fear those under four feet tall after an unfortunate swan attack.

I'll probably hide in/invade the Glasgow CM forum more than the others as I live there. By that I mean I live in Glasgow. Not the forum.

I'm done now.

I just realised I've never introduced myself. How rude of me!

Hi, I'm Sophie. I'm a newly-minted twenty-something (twenty-zero, in this case) who lives in Surrey with my parents, my teenage brother, a dog, five guinea pigs, and a bunny. For roughly six months out of the year, I commute to Kingston University, where I'm about to go into my second year studying English Literature. I have to find ways to amuse myself for the other six months, which is where the conventions come in. The first SM convention I went to was The Hub 2, which officially ruined me for all others. I have since pledged allegiance to the cause, and will be crewing for the first time on Saturday at the LFCC. Exciting, or terrifying? You decide!

In my spare time I like to write, although it's only this year I've started seeking out publication (it's part of my "do twenty things this year that you've never done before" manifesto). Fandom-wise I'm a bit of a mix of everything, and my fanfiction-writing exploits have earned me the title of Princess of Improbable Crossovers, to go with my earlier title of Queen of Needlessly Complicated Backstory. I like a weird mix of stuff. Right now I'm big on Raymond Chandler novels, Starbucks mango passionfruit smoothies, and the idea of getting a tattoo.

I'm also going to apologize in advance for the insane amount of nonsense I'm going to be talking on this board.

• Moderators

Great to see so many new people here. Hope you all have fun around these parts :D

No doubt see you at events, either as attendees or crew ;)

Do feel free to add people on MSN/FB/etc as it's a great way to get to know everyone before events, and they're always more fun that way :D

I suppose I'd better say hi!

I'm 22, my first convention was CM MK....I was part of the team showing the Audi Quattro...Thanks Showmasters!

I live just outside Portsmouth, currently unemployed although I used to work for the Post Office....I have rather a lot of animals.

I don't watch much television...instead spend my time making cards, scrapbooking, surfing the net, writing fic and playing with my animals.

I am at heart a huge fan of Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars but I do like Doctor Who...although I'm more of the newer generation rather than old but I have an awesome friend who teaches me random things from Doctor Who, Transformers, Anime etc.

Think thats just about everything... :thumbup:

MeMick.jpg