Guest cancellation - Christopher Lee

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new theory, I reckon Christopher Lee was never actually booked for this event and the Showmasters lied about him being booked because ticket sales were poor and they needed an incentive, knowing that they could just pretend he cancelled when it was too late for anyone to chance their plans. I also think that the moon landing was faked and that Hitler is currently alive and funding the Argentine national football team, which is why they are playing so well.

i think you're joking.

i HOPE you're joking, because the cancellation of the biggest guest is going to turn ppl AWAY, not bring them in.

its gonna hurt SM more than us.

and as JA says, they could be sued - hell, that would hurt.

and it would hurt us as well, since they'd probably end up bankrupted.

He's joking !! :D

Sorry I havent replied to your texts yet Kris, I've run out of credit but will get some more en route to London.

I'm going to start collecting virgins from all of the villages near to my house so that the Prince of Darkness (or is it the count of dooku) can recover quickly. I've done the maths and I reckon that the blood of about twenty should see him up and about by the morning. If anyone wants to volunteer themselves or nominate someone else then I think we should start a list.^_^

I'm going to start collecting virgins from all of the villages near to my house so that the Prince of Darkness (or is it the count of dooku) can recover quickly. I've done the maths and I reckon that the blood of about twenty should see him up and about by the morning. If anyone wants to volunteer themselves or nominate someone else then I think we should start a list.:firedevil:

It really depends on where you're looking as to how easy it will be for you to get them. ^_^

As someone already pointed out the forum had been shut down for a few days therefore it is not possible to make such an announcement earlier. Too bad that people have already made travelling arrangements etc. Showmasters are not to blame for this and I know they will make up for it asap I can't think of a better organisation than them at this point. :D

Since I couldn't make this weekend show I've always wanted to meet Mr Lee so I am sort of hoping that he will make it to the show I will beable to attend in the future.

Despite the cancellation, keep up the good work Showmasters. ^_^

Dawn ^_^

Its not like he has to stand on his leg. He would be sitting down all day . Oh and its 2006 we have pain killers today. This is all a bit too conveniant to be honest and glad to see alot of people have there own idea about this. As i said if '' he had hurt himself today'' it would of taken longer for the cancellation to come though. He would of had to have people called out to him or gone to Hospital if its that bad. And so the last thing on his mind would of been cancelling this. Hence me saying logically it had to have happened yesterday and they have only just annouced this. And people have already started to travel today so some people will have no clue he has cancelled till tomorrow.

Don't be so selfish!! The guy's hurt. And he's not as young as he used to be, therefore will probaly take longer to recover. A bit annoying for people only travelling to see him, yes, but I'm sure Showmasters will try and bring him to another one to make up for it.

Well you can't criticise SM for CLs departure. They have boards and photos all ready for him but there not going to be used now are they.

I look forward to seeing him in the future and its obvious hes from London cause i just can't see him doing any other event.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO very sad but hope he gets better very soon. We want him back though.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D^_^^_^

GET WELL soon Mr.LEE

and as wired and sick as this will sound THANK YOU

because now I'll be , hopfully , meeting you when ever you will come again.. please come again SM and all of as funs are GRATE and not as mad as we might seam to the untrained eye

Sorry SM and all , I knew how disappointed you all are , I was.. until now, I knew I have a chance to meet him now :)

SM 1 more thing next time u anonce some one at this caliber could you do it a week or 2 befor.. just to give us ppl from abrod a chances to get a flight ticket

Edited by Nili

I know that myself and a few others well and truly saw this coming.

Something happened this week which we picked up on, something which has happened before.

No one else here seems to have sussed.

Coincedence or not? You can all decide.

Want to share with the group? I hate it when people just post and run. If you've got a point to make - politely make it and let people decide for themselves. Don't just make cryptic statements and run away. What's the point of that?

Jenny

Who only believes conspiracy theories when they'r ein the X-Files ^_^

As one of my able associates pointed out, the forum also went down for about 3 days before GMex last February. Hey presto, the forum comes back up on the Friday before the event with a nice big "Guest Cancellation: Ian Somerhalder" slapped on it.

Again too late for anyone to cancel hotel bookings without losing their money.

I think Showmasters need to come up with a new plan cos that one ain't working anymore.

I know that myself and a few others well and truly saw this coming.

Something happened this week which we picked up on, something which has happened before.

No one else here seems to have sussed.

Coincedence or not? You can all decide.

Want to share with the group? I hate it when people just post and run. If you've got a point to make - politely make it and let people decide for themselves. Don't just make cryptic statements and run away. What's the point of that?

Jenny

Who only believes conspiracy theories when they'r ein the X-Files ;)

As one of my able associates pointed out, the forum also went down for about 3 days before GMex last February. Hey presto, the forum comes back up on the Friday before the event with a nice big "Guest Cancellation: Ian Somerhalder" slapped on it.

Again too late for anyone to cancel hotel bookings without losing their money.

I think Showmasters need to come up with a new plan cos that one ain't working anymore.

soo...

where's your logic that its intentional??

more ppl are on just before a show. FACT.

and it wasn't down before dreyfuss/higginson, so matey boy you've just been blown out of the water, so to speak ;)

and anyway, the annoucement of lee was so close to the event that there wasn't much time to make arrangements.

did he injure his leg picking up a big bag of cash earned from his last signing session?

''hurt his leg''...

could somebody find out some more details please,as i for one find this all a little too convenient.

and i expect it to be in the paper tomorrow,presuming it's a bad enough accident to make him house/castle bound.

of course,how awful will i feel if he pegs it tonight,due to 'complications'...?

Edited by jamie1138

Often with leg injuries it is necessary to elevate the injury (ie lying in bed with leg raised on a pillow or two) to reduce swelling and build up of toxins as well as promote healing, which can be grossly uncomfortable. On this basis it would be impractical to try and make someone sign when requiring these conditions. The severity of the injury is unknown and as far as any of us know he could be in hospital but that is none of our business. I don't think anyone's health should be at risk due to a signing event.

;) If he'd have turned up tomorrow he could have seen a physio (i.e. me!) for free!

all joking apart,though...

''hurt his leg'' does seem to be pretty vague.

i didn't expect him to be skipping about the place,but with a handful of painkillers and a drop of scotch i'm sure he'd have been okay...

oh well.

I'm all for conspiracy ;)

but maby he did hurt his leg .. it's not that hard to do .. belive me and i'm not in my 80ts .. yet :)

ok so the timeing is .. some what .. wired.. But when do ijuris happen on a good time... some one tell you brock you'r writing hand a day befor a test and not the day you were going on holliday <LOL >

I'll probably get shot down in flames for this, but I'm going to say it anyway. ;)

Mr Lee is not a young man. He is a gentleman of advanced years and so an injury which may be minor to some people will affect him more than if he was the same age as Elijah Wood. 'feralmoggy' is right in stating that it would be impractical and damnright stupid for Mr Lee to attend a signing event because of the nature of the injury.

I'm sorry for those who had hoped to meet him and am gutted for you (Theo! *hugs*), but at the end of the day there will be other events and I wish Mr Lee all the best in a speedy recovery. ;)

Rosie

Edited by RosiePosieDanderfluff

I have a new theory, I reckon Christopher Lee was never actually booked for this event and the Showmasters lied about him being booked because ticket sales were poor and they needed an incentive, knowing that they could just pretend he cancelled when it was too late for anyone to chance their plans. I also think that the moon landing was faked and that Hitler is currently alive and funding the Argentine national football team, which is why they are playing so well.

i think you're joking.

i HOPE you're joking, because the cancellation of the biggest guest is going to turn ppl AWAY, not bring them in.

its gonna hurt SM more than us.

and as JA says, they could be sued - hell, that would hurt.

and it would hurt us as well, since they'd probably end up bankrupted.

He's joking !! ;)

Well he certainly jinxed the Argentine footballers!

I do think its wrong that CL cant do it as its less than 24 hours notice. Im guessing the people that run this would of know yesterday.

Guessing, postulating, making suggestions without the merest scintilla of truth. Something like that anyway.

I'm guessing that you actually went and injured Mr Lee yesterday. And I have exactly as much proof for my guess as you have for yours...

He wouldnt of hurt his leg today and then said oh wont i cant do LCC.

And this statement (not even a theory or a guess, you state this as fact) is based on precisely what?

So they must of know yesterday that he wouldnt do it. Yet they have held on till the last possible moment it seems.

Please don't tell me that you're either a policeman or a prosecuting lawyer, as you haven't got a leg to stand on, and I'd hate to think that you do this professionally.

Let us consider the facts. Mr Lee is 84 years old. No spring chicken. Do you know how long it takes to heal at that age? Bl**dy ages. I remember my grandfather when he was 84, a hale and hearty gent who was an active man, gardening half an acre of vegetables and working for a local charity helping many pensioners who were a generation younger than him. But when he occasionally hurt himself you realised that even a fit and active man of that age is frail under the surface.

It may be that he injured himself today, and has had to call it off today, since he and/or his doctor know taht he won't heal enough overnight. It may be that he injured himself yesterday and his doctor said get some rest and we'll see on Friday whether you're going to be well enough to go on Saturday. To be honest he could have injured himself on Tuesday, for all we know. There is no reason to believe that SM knew for sure before today.

And as somebody else has mentioned, leg injuries often require elevation and relative immobility. Especially in one so old. Sitting in an appropriate manner to sign autographs might not be practical, especially when you consider that he also has a number of old injuries from his more youthful days and was suffering from occasional back pain as long as 30 years ago.

And to those who suggest that an injured octogenarian should just shovel down some painkillers, possibly with a slug of booze and jolly well turn up for their gratification, may I suggest that you also do the same - preferably with a big fistful of barbiturates and a whole bottle of gin, you heartless swine ;)