Guest cancellation - Christopher Lee

• Showmasters Admin

Unfortunately we regret to announce that due to a minor incident in which he injured his leg, Christopher Lee will no longer be able to attend LFCC this weekend. I know that this will come as a disappointment to many of you (and indeed to us as we were very much looking forward to working with him), however we will be working to bring him to a future event. We would like to pass on Mr Lee's regret that he cannot join you tomorrow but he is looking forward to attending at a later date.

We wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to working with him in the future.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately we regret to announce that due to a minor incident in which he injured his leg, Christopher Lee will no longer be able to attend LFCC this weekend. I know that this will come as a disappointment to many of you (and indeed to us as we were very much looking forward to working with him), however we will be working to bring him to a future event. We would like to pass on Mr Lee's regret that he cannot join you tomorrow but he is looking forward to attending at a later date.

We wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to working with him in the future.

Bloody hell hope his injury gets better soon

Edited by Aspen

oh dear god...

glad i didn't go to get deeper in debt... :P

still... hope he's better soon

Is this a joke ?

Because i'm not laughing ...

:o

SHOWMASTERS ACCOUNT.

PINNED.

BIGGEST GUEST THEY HAVE.

doesn't look like a joke to me :P

Oh ffs, I booked a £100 hotel purely because of Christoper Lee. Showmasters cant be blamed of course, but still it is so f*cking irritating the way their best guests always cancel.

and i'm sure its irritating for Mr Lee that he's hurt his leg, but you know getting all upset solves nothing.

i hope you didn't have to pay that cash in advance... :dance:

Oh ffs, I booked a £100 hotel purely because of Christoper Lee. Showmasters cant be blamed of course, but still it is so f*cking irritating the way their best guests always cancel.

and i'm sure its irritating for Mr Lee that he's hurt his leg, but you know getting all upset solves nothing.

As if to really rub it in, the deadline for cancelling the booking was 27 minutes ago.

As if to really rub it in, the deadline for cancelling the booking was 27 minutes ago.

SH*T

ouch. seriously, i feel for you.

SH*T

Yeah, it's really pretty irritating. With Christopher Lee and Richard Dreyfuss, this would have been the best showmasters lineup ever, without them it is really pretty mediocre. Carrie and Elijah are good enough to make it worth attending atleast.

SH*T

Yeah, it's really pretty irritating. With Christopher Lee and Richard Dreyfuss, this would have been the best showmasters lineup ever, without them it is really pretty mediocre. Carrie and Elijah are good enough to make it worth attending atleast.

Too many disappointments to deal with after Dreyfuss and Now Lee Cancelling , ill never have a gold pass again because these events are just too unstable. Now after the excitment of the other day, this sucks major ass.

SH*T

Too many disappointments to deal with after Dreyfuss and Now Lee Cancelling , ill never have a gold pass again because these events are just too unstable. Now after the excitment of the other day, this sucks major ass.

umm...

ANY such event is equally unstable.

the plus side with SM is that its not REQUIRED to pay £100 or more to get in the door. as far as i'm aware, other organisers DO expect that kind of commitment, MONTHS in advance, even with almost no guestlist to speak of. or a guestlist that can almost entirely change overnight.

and i'll say now, you were well aware that such things can happen. fair enough, its not expected, and its certainly hoped it won't, but you bought the pass in full knowledge that no guest was absolutely guaranteed.

Calumn, i agree, the guests that are still confirmed make the event very worth going to. thankfully, for me, they'll all have a good chance of bein back again :P

SH*T

umm...

the plus side with SM is that its not REQUIRED to pay £100 or more to get in the door. as far as i'm aware, other organisers DO expect that kind of commitment, MONTHS in advance, even with almost no guestlist to speak of. or a guestlist that can almost entirely change overnight.

and i'll say now, you were well aware that such things can happen. fair enough, its not expected, and its certainly hoped it won't, but you bought the pass in full knowledge that no guest was absolutely guaranteed.

Calumn, i agree, the guests that are still confirmed make the event very worth going to. thankfully, for me, they'll all have a good chance of bein back again :P

exactly it is a risk, one which in future is clearly not worth taking.

umm...

Calumn, i agree, the guests that are still confirmed make the event very worth going to. thankfully, for me, they'll all have a good chance of bein back again :dance:

exactly it is a risk, one which in future is clearly not worth taking.

in which case, it can be argued that it was NEVER worth taking :P

due, of course, to the inherent instability of such events :P

umm...

Calumn, i agree, the guests that are still confirmed make the event very worth going to. thankfully, for me, they'll all have a good chance of bein back again :dance:

Ugh. It's a message board for people to discuss things. No ones criticising SM just expressing dissapointment. You don't have to be there to defend SM's/the system/life every other second. It's a nice day - Go play in the sun or something! :P :P