LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Dave Prowse

• Moderators

Some like Prowse and Baker pretty much invite themselves! And I can imagine it's their main source of income, hence the high prices and regularity of their appearances.

They'll never take the place of another guest, so there's really no harm in them appearing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: With Fisher Mayhew Prowse and Baker,does it not make sense to invite Anthony Daniels?! He has not been to a UK show for at least two years!come on Anthony 'it is useless to resist'!

I'm sure he is a great bloke ( well he was DV ) but I have to honest and say he is the only guest so far that I have been disappointed with - perhaps I met him on a bad day but he seemed a bit disinterested in the fans.

I agree that he is at far too many events for my liking but I think as long as he keeps having ques of people to meet him you cant really blame SM for keep getting him. however, I for one would definately prefer some rarer guests, but an argument against that could be that, that is why us SW fans have Empire Day, after all some of smaller and rarer SW guests dont always have many people queing to meet them at the bigger events

He even signs episode 3 stuff, he wasnt even in it!

fair enough, i can agree there, but then - someone's got an epIII poster with a lot of names that weren't all in it i think?

some ppl want him to sign...

but i do agree that he shouldn't sign unless he was in it.

that is my poster

IMAG0030.jpg

when i got it it had mr prowse' name on it, ans by the way he can not sign 'dave prowse is darth vader' bit of hassle with lucasfilm so now the 'is' is missing

good one, my photo only says Dave Prowse Darth Vader, I didnt know that he couldnt sign it with an "is". You learn something new each day, thanks :D

ive wondered about this for a while, as my friend met him at c6 and he signed dave prowse "is" darth vader, wen i met him at c7 he didnt put the "is" i only noticed wen i walked away n was dissapointed as i wanted it on the auto. but then wen i seen him signing at gmex he was pitting the "is" on all his autos again n has been at other events ive seen him at

+

THANKYOU SM!!!!

for getting him back!! :D;)

• Showmasters Admin

Dave Prowse IS Darth Vader.

Think Hayden would perhaps query that........

As soon as Kenny Baker was announced I said this! It has to be the most predictable guest ever! Over and over and over again...........boring!:P

AND YOU MUST BE THE MOST PREDICTABLE FORUM MEMBER EVER MATE

Jason SHOWMASTERS

As soon as Kenny Baker was announced I said this! It has to be the most predictable guest ever! Over and over and over again...........boring!:P

Jason SHOWMASTERS

LOL .......didnt mean to touch a nerve there. Im not bothered really who you get to LFCC as im happy with Dreyfuss and Wood. Im not the only one who feels this way about Prowse though he's everywhere..............

A007- did you have a bad experience with him then?

Edited by rich5wolves

any chance we could have him a bit cheaper i have loads of bits i want signing by him but everytime i see him he is £30(mind you this is always at other events)

He was 20 at G-Mex.

most places ive seen him hes been £20.00

never £30.00

any chance we could have him a bit cheaper i have loads of bits i want signing by him but everytime i see him he is £30(mind you this is always at other events)

He was 20 at G-Mex.

most places ive seen him hes been £20.00

never £30.00

He had some photos at £30, that I think were new ones, and were slightly larger from what I recall.

I don't know if you were aware but Dave has had some problems with his hearing over the years, and has recently become one of the first people to try out a new revolutionary hearing system. I suspect his hearing problem, may be reflected in some comments above in relation to Dave, as perhaps he has misunderstood, or misheard what has been said to him. Still, sounds like good news for all involved:

"Actor Dave Prowse, best known for playing the roles of Darth

Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy and the Green Cross Code Man in the

Government's Child Pedestrian Road Safety Campaign, has been fitted with

Centra. He said: "Centra has really increased the ease with which I hear. In

particular, it has greatly improved my hearing when making stage

presentations and at autograph signing sessions in noisy Star Wars

conventions. So as well as improving my quality of life socially it has had a

marked effect on my hearing in important work situations."

Mind you, it has a pretty hefty price tag, so Dave may need to keep his auto prices high.

The last few times I have sen DP, he was £20 on standard 8x10, £30 on bigger (crappy matt finish) prints, roughly A3.

At a recent con I went to in Holland, he was 30 euro and 40 euro on the same prints (around £22 and £28). I wouldn't mind, but he's normally a miserable sod. They had a buffet dinner with the guests at the Dutch con on the Saturday night, with the guests circulating between tables. Prowse never got off his bottom all night and was a miserable sod throughout. We were having a great time with Andy Secombe, Jeremy Bulloch and others. Dave's table was like a morgue !

But as has been said already, Dave and Kenny will never force anyone off the guestlist ....

At least Kenny has the occasional good day where he can be chatty and friendly, even charming ! Dave's just sorting his pension !

It really, really depends : I've seen both on a number of occasions and they just have their good days and their bad days. You got to be lucky, I guess.

Someone recently was getting his picture signed by K. Baker when he ... and I'm not kidding ... fell asleep while he was signing the picture !!!

Guess they won't be on the convention circuit forever, so for those of you who don't have their autos yet, it might be a good time to get them.

Jason SHOWMASTERS

LOL .......didnt mean to touch a nerve there. Im not bothered really who you get to LFCC as im happy with Dreyfuss and Wood. Im not the only one who feels this way about Prowse though he's everywhere..............

Met him 3 years back in his £15 days. He was ok, nothing more. Dont like the way hes upped it £20, think its even more for one of "exclusive" photos.

Worst SW guest is Mayhew, a rude chap!

The last few times I have sen DP, he was £20 on standard 8x10, £30 on bigger (crappy matt finish) prints, roughly A3.

At a recent con I went to in Holland, he was 30 euro and 40 euro on the same prints (around £22 and £28). I wouldn't mind, but he's normally a miserable sod. They had a buffet dinner with the guests at the Dutch con on the Saturday night, with the guests circulating between tables. Prowse never got off his bottom all night and was a miserable sod throughout. We were having a great time with Andy Secombe, Jeremy Bulloch and others. Dave's table was like a morgue !

But as has been said already, Dave and Kenny will never force anyone off the guestlist ....

At least Kenny has the occasional good day where he can be chatty and friendly, even charming ! Dave's just sorting his pension !

I think this maybe what riles me about him more than him appearing everywhere, he just never looks happy or interested in people. I met Anthony Daniels at the same event as I first met him and Daniels was so friendly and chatty it made DP probably look worse than he actually is.

As soon as Kenny Baker was announced I said this! It has to be the most predictable guest ever! Over and over and over again...........boring!;)

Jason SHOWMASTERS

Met him 3 years back in his £15 days. He was ok, nothing more. Dont like the way hes upped it £20, think its even more for one of "exclusive" photos.

Worst SW guest is Mayhew, a rude chap!

Stop being predictable, (slap on your hand) lol

Not met Mayhew yet but thinking about it this time.......hope hes not as bad as you say!

Ohh the look of the reply box has changed since I last posted (Its been a while!)

Anyway.... what I was going to say was that I met Dave back when he was £15 and he was friendly and chatty. It was on a Friday of one of the collectormanias a while back.

Not to sound old!! But £20 is way to much I remember when I only paid about £5 for his auto. Glad I don't need to get it again and the same goes for Kenny Baker

Popularity for these events has got a lot higher over the years so it seems the prices have gone sky high. I remember when he was a £5 er to. And yes I paid £20.00 ;)

I can only really echo what others have said, and it all depends how you find them on the day.

With both Kenny and Dave, they have gone from barely uttering a word to being happy to chat for 5 - 10 mins, so I guess you never know.

As I posted earlier in the thread Dave did have some problems with his hearing, so I think it was hard for him to hold a conversation in a busy room, particuarly like the MK shopping centre, but hopefully now it will be better.

On the occassions I have met Peter Mayhew , he always has been disinterested, which is a shame, but I am sure some people will have good memories as well.

On the other hand, I have always found Warwick Davis to be friendly, each and every time we have chatted, and believe me there have been a few.

Anthony Daniels was very friendly, but he seems like he enjoys the show man element of the events.

Mark Hamill was brilliant too, very chatty and friendly.

So it is a mixed bag really, and there are many other guests at each end and inbetween as well.

My first auto was Peter Davison in 1998 at the Glasgow version of that Birmingham show.

£5 ! and I can remember being shocked and stunned at THAT !

A few years ago i never would have dreamed to pay £110 for Buzz Aldrin to sign my great picture, but times must of changed......or I got wealthier or something........