Friendliest Guest

gazznewbie

I too wanna say that every single guest I met was chatting, friendly and really accomodating. But if I have to pick it has to be all The Lost Boys as a whole, every single one of them was so charming and nice.

Oh wait, and Patrick Kake was lovely, and Michael Brendan.

hmmmm I can't choose just one, great show! :wub:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooke McCarter and Billy Wirth :poki:

They were lovely to me all day when I worked with them on Sunday, as I was a runner for them and Chance Michael Corbitt and Jamison Newlander. The four of them are fantastic guys.

I ended up having to take Chance round the shops quickly at the end of the day too... the lure of the mid-season sales was just too much!

Lovely guys the lot of them... Would be fantastic to have them back again.

i only went to see two people this time but Ron Glass is by far and wide the most friendly guest i have EVER met (with craig parker a very close second). Alan Tudyk was lovely too, but he seemed a bit sleepy bless him ^_^

:cheesface: No problem, it was cool to have someone to walk around with who is interested in the same kind of stuff. You'll be able to come to other ones as well if you want. I will buy that gremlins cushion as well!!

967210[/snapback]

It was well good and looked comfy. And yeah I wouldn't damn mind that :huh: I will be purchasing off Incongnito as they were cheap comics. It's weird just spending like 5/6 hours looking around at so much stuff. Roll on when we're like in our 20's and can take like £1000 with us :firedevil: My parents were pretty cool when I arrived. They just said 'it's your money you spend it how you like'.

Back on topic Corey Haim was a friendly geust aswell. I can't wait for his new film =]

967215[/snapback]

what job are you planning on getting in your 20's!!!?? that's a whole month's wages! :poki:

Went on the Monday and have to say Marc Singer was awesome had a good chat and commented on my "v" t-shirt happy to pose for photos as well

:poki: Carl Weathers was cool as well couldn't belive I'd finally met Apollo Creed!!

Patrick Kake! Fantastic guy; he couldn't have been more friendly or enthusiastic. Chatted for ages; about Narnia, the Weta statue he was presented with by Richard Taylor, Hercules- and Cleopatra2525 which I had to admit I hadn't seen!:( I thought it only came out in New Zealand- must track it down!! :dance:

When I told him about the novel I'm writing (one of the main characters is a Centaur), he signed my Oreius picture with MY character's name and 'my Centaur brother' !! :wub: That really meant a lot to me; I completely wasn't expecting it; and the photo is now sitting in a lovely frame on my writing desk :D

And he was really encouraging about my writing which was so sweet of him :D

Wonderful guy, bring him back any time :D

Laura x

Patrick Kake is one of the nicest guests I've ever met. We chatted for ages about what sports we liked and the gym, in New Zealand, where he works when he's not acting.

He is absolutely adorable!

Both Coreys were lovely, very chatty and more than willing to have a laugh. I was meant to go back for a photie with Corey F, but lost track of time when talking to Patrick Kake.

Had a great natter with both Chance and Jameson, who both took great delight in joining in with my finger dance.

*wonders who's more insane; them or me*

Billy Wirth came over to compliment me on my choice of wheeltrims, which I found rather amusing! We then got to yapping about various bits and pieces, mostly revolving around very odd subjects.

My mate Lea came from meeting Collette, grinning like a maniac and beaming. So I gathered she'd been lovely!

Honestly, it's impossible to say who was the friendliest guest. They were all fab and a true joy to meet. Definitely one of the best Collectormania's I've been too.

I thought Afshan Azad was really friendly, she was asking me all aorts like what my favourite book was and what was I looking forward to in the next film. Unfortunatly I kind of had a mind blank/shy moment and couldn't think of anything so just kind of said I don't know :rollseyes: :P

I missed Claire Grogan...and Jenny Agutter...and Glynis Barber! :firedevil::firedevil::WINCE:

But I was guest assistant to Matt Zimmerman (Thunderbirds' Alan Tracy) on Saturday and he and the other guys from Thunderbirds were great fun. Matt was also great with the public and although not busy all of the time, he was really cheery and chatty.

I was in The Lost Boys area (the non-Coreys) on Sunday morning and they all seemed really friendly - again even though things were slow some of the time.

Then on Monday I was guest assistant to Lee Cornes (Red Dwarf) and he was fascinating! I remembered him well as the rather geeky science teacher in Grange Hill - and he had some really funny BBC publicity shots of him where he looked like Tony Robinson with glasses! He also is buddies with some people I have admired for years - the cast of The Young Ones and The Comic Strip Presents... - both of which he has featured in! Lee was also great with the public and stayed chirpy despite not being very busy at times.

Patrick Kake helped keep the mood upbeat - he is a really interesting guy. And he has the PR thing for Narnia down to a fine art! The draw for the rare poster was a great idea, and all the kids (and the mums!) loved him!

Then there was Harvey Stephens - but he has a thread all of his own!

This show may not have had really big name guests, but it surely made up for it in atmosphere thanks to the friendliness of the guests who did attend.

:P

Katy Manning was sooo lovely and was happy to chat with us for a while. Robert Lllewellyn was awesome as always - The Dwarfers are the nicest guys!!

I also had great meetings with Corey Feldman :P , Tony Head, Alan Tudyk, John Leeson (gave me and my friend a free auto!) and Liz Sladen.. but I have to say that every guest I met was really nice!!

Shame about the crew person at Tony's desk (with the photos) on Sunday but thats another story..

All the Guests were Darn nice....Love Ron and Alan ALOT!! The Lost boys guys were awesome too...yeh ..really ..all the guests were Splend!!

And Carl weathers made me dance for him ....how ...very ...embarassing .. :P <<< it actually looked like that ...

Tony Head was the friendliest to me, he spoke to me and wrote my quote even tho whoeva was with him said he cant write quotes :lol:

and Kate Mulgrew was also real nice, she gave me a FREE auto :thumbup:

Tony Head was really friendly and talkative, particularly about his role in Dr Who. He loved playing a bad guy for once, which was pretty obvious in his performance. Jenny Agutter was lovely, and wrote a short message on the Railway Children photo I picked for her to sign. Paul Darrow was fantastic, as ever...I've met him before, and he remembered me right away! No reminders necessary!

Francis Matthews hasn't been mentioned before as far as I can see, so I'm gonna nominate him as my friendliest guest. He was more than happy to reminisce about the Hammer film photos I took for him to sign (glad I did, cause there was nothing else but Captain Scarlet, though I had one of those signed as well). Also, I complimented him on his Cary Grant voice (the one he used for Capt. Scarlet), and he thanked me...in that voice. It was wonderful to hear it again, and especially for me)! I am head over heels. :WAVE:

Edited by Vanna

Corey Haim.

He seemed genuinely pleased to meet his fans. I handed him the photo I'd brought with me (I'd had it on my wall back when I used to own all his movies and watch them everyday, I must have been about 13). He took one look at it and said to the guy behind him "wow we haven't had one of these today". I told him how long I'd been a fan and that I'd had the photo that long and he was like "Since you were 13? Wow I don't look like that anymore, when was this taken 1942 :lol: ". Signed the piccy (first asked if "love and kisses" was ok - I giggled - and then asked where I wanted it signed). Then I asked if I could get a photo with him and he said absolutely. I leaned across the table (I'm only little!) to get a bit closer and he grabbed my arm and wrapped both his around it (tightly) - it was great! He thanked me after and did this cool little handshake thing. I came away feeling like all those posters I'd had up as a teen and all those movies I watched was money and time well spent. What a genuinely nice guy. I have nothing but praise for him and can only hope he's invited back again.

I should also add that Feldman was just as nice. But personally for me, Haim was more special.

all of the guests i met wer great! :D

however one stood out most and that was MARC SINGER :lol: id have to say he was the most friendliest, as apart from being extremley friendly when he was signing, he wud just not sit down, he wud be constantly up and about meeting people saying hi n shaking hands. i had the pleasure of having a good convo about V with him after getting his autograph n a very nice posed pic, then he asked me if id mind taking some pictures for the other people in his que so i did. he even let a disabled girl come with her dad to his table and get a free autograph and a posed pic. i also seen him pose for pics holding peoples babies to get them all in the shot, he often would offer his hand to be shook by passers by and always waved and smiled at people taking pics of him.

i wud recomend anyone to meet this man! + hopefully hel come back soon :D

I would like to say that meeting Marc Singer was the high light of my weekend he was very friendly and very talkative and a really nice chap I think he still looks good for his age to 58 I had a major crush on him growing up so you can imagine I was very nervous meeting him. :rolleyes::wub:

Levar Burton was very nice to he's smaller than I thought made me feel better i'm only 5ft 2.

Jonathen Frakes was nice to.

This was my second collectormania I as usual really enjoyed it.

A huge V fan and Star trek :wub:

:unsure:

I went on Bank Holiday Monday.

I have been a big lost boys fan since i was little.

I only saw lost boys, coreys and marc singer they were all very friendly. Corey Haim talked to me for about 5 mins about stuff. Corey Feldman didnt talk much but his wife was beside him so i dont think he could say or do a lot. I did get a hug and a nice photo though.

:wub:

Brooke, Billy, Jamison and Chance although i didnt get an autograph they spoke to me and i had photos of them. My daughter fell over Chance and Jamison came over to see if she was alright and then posed for a photo with her, this made her day even more special.

Marc Singer :wub: was good had photo and talk. My mum had lots of kisses of him (she s a big fan).

I was not disappointed at all. Over all a great day out.

Hubby met Levar no problems there, thought he was a nice enough bloke. He also met Jonathan Frakes didnt think much of him his mind was not really on it.

My daughter met Robert Pattison she thought he was great answered all her questions. She wants more Potter lot. :wub:

Overall a great day.

Thanks SM

I met all the Blake’s 7 and Dr Who guests as well as Mira, the Corey’s, Harvey and Patrick. I will say I found all the guests I met seemed friendly and very obliging, and I would like to meet them all again. I cant pick just 1 best guest so I have a joint 1st place to Patrick and Harvey. :lol: They were both very friendly and chatty like they had known me for ages. They said hi every time they see me during the weekend culminating in some sword play between them using my walking sticks on Monday... :lol: They certainly made the show for me and I would love to see them both again.( hint hint SM :lol: ) :WINCE:

I would agree with Williams comments about MARC SINGER. I was lucky enough to be his guest assistant on Monday and can honestly say he's one of the nicest people I've ever met. He was so cheerful , charming, friendly and generous to everyone who came to see him and indeed had a smile and a wave for people just walking by. It was lovely to witness such kindness and appriciation from a guest.

He certainly made my weekend and I'm sure many other peoples too