mark hamill.....how much would YOU pay?

nlindenj

just reading the other posts today and they mention the hamil rumours about cost of an autograph from mr hamil

i would go as far as £50 (for my poster it would be worth it)

give us your thoughts remember showmasters read this and can see if it is worth bringing him and his family over for LFCC

Edited by nlindenj

I spoke to Jason at Empire day about Mark Hammil and he said he could get him no problem but Mark won't lower his price on £60 per autograph which Jason said was way to high, he said if he can get carrie fisher to do £25 then so should mark.

Also heard but not from Jason Joiner that nowadays at convention Mark will only sign if personalised, don't know if true or not, but would you want your multi signed posters personalised

Fon

I am trying to remember how much was charged at Empire Fan Fest in 2004, not succeeding at mo sorry ;) But it was for a personal photo with him, and a pic signed (personalised as you say). I can ask the others who went, for some reason $100 comes to mind, which yeah, is about £75. Was worth it once, I am not really an autograph collector, but to see him, Carrie and some of the others on a stage chatting I would pay for! Mark is excellent at those,

I am a huge Star Wars fan and would love to get Mark Hamill's autograph but I do think £60 is a lot to ask for what will end up being a few seconds of his time. If Carrie Fisher and William Shatner can ask for £25 then so can he, especially as he's recently removed Star Wars from his list of credits and has for a long time been dismissive of the films.

If the price was for a photo signed by two or three of the attendees then yes, £60 would be a fair price, however there are going to be other guests I want to meet attending these events and I'm not sure I'd be willing to sacrifice meeting two or three of them just to get this one signature.

Then again, who knows? If the man takes his time with people and doesn't just dismiss them after scribbling on their 12x10 then I may perhaps change my mind and pay, but he'd have to be absolutely fantastic to warrant such an amount.

Here's the thing: if he charged £50 I would hesitate to even get one, if he charged £25 then, as with Carrie Fisher, I would get two. The higher the price the less people would go for.

As for personalisations, I prefer them and was sad that Carrie Fisher wouldn't .

I would pay £60.

As for personalisations, I prefer to have the option ie just a signiture on my poster and then personalised on a couple of 8x10's.

Perhaps 2 prices?

One for pictures and one for posters? In the same way that sportspeople charge more for Shirts and boxing gloves? Just a thought.

Either way I would love to finally see him at a Showmasters event!

I agree that £60 is a bit pricey.. I am going to just say look at all the other big name guests that Showmasters have had and even look at others shows. Carrie £25, Bill Shatner £25, James Masters £25, Ursula Andreas £25.. The only real expensive one I think is Dr. Buzz Aldrin (Autographica) but even that people were commenting on being cheap as it is a piece of history there.. Here I dont know.. Im sure hes a great guy but the price seems alot for such a short amount of time

A

A

Edited by Alx

I personally would pay a maximum of £20 pounds, I think any more than that is a joke I mean seriously £50 just to write his name on something.........I mean he is not even that big an actor apart from Star Wars, what other sucessed has he had? A guest appearance on the simpsons maybe but thats it.

I would pay £60 for a Hamill Auto with no hestiation and probably get a couple as long as they are NOT personalised.

Apparently he is a great guy to meet who chats and allows photos with his fans. If he was to defiantely allow that at a SM event, i would pay more than £60 willingly

I bet that if we was to turn up at a SM event and charge £60 he would still get 600-1000 people a day as he is wanted as a signer and has NEVER done a public siging over here.

With the though of it being his only time signing in the UK, people will be jumping at the chnace to get his auto, dispite the cost

Edited by lee_c00per

I just noticed it is against the rules to post about non-Showmaster events on here (so apologies above lol, I didn't realise), so I'll post a link to another forum where I described what the ~£75 price tag was for (it wasn't like at Collectormania) - check here - http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/23382653/p1/?

Read and you'll understand what I mean :help: (I am "timbolton" on there btw)

sig_ffukN_timb.jpg

Edited by timb