Latest Guest Announcement WILLIAM SHATNER

showmasters

Mr. Shatner decided to accept on a Convention in England a flexible in daily commitment since it does not have to commit itself there contractually whether and when exactly he will appear there and he gets the same fee, which he would have received with us for three days.

This is a bit worrying tho isnt it! :o What if he only turns up for like 2 hours on Saturday and then buggers off!

865400[/snapback]

Even worse he could do a Val Kilmer, but I reckon he'll turn up.

865405[/snapback]

:o:o:o

There would be a mahoosive riot!!!!!

865413[/snapback]

I feel guilty for translating, now... :(

I may have incited panick! :lol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he wouldnt attend the German convention because it was for 3 days so I think the chances are good that he will only be attending a single day, but which will it be :unsure:

Personally I am hoping for Saturday but only because that is the day I have arranged to go but if he does only appear for the Sunday then I will have to re-work my plans.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I know some people will say £25 is too much but considering how much he usually charges at your average US convention its a very good price and at 74 years old he might not be back over here again.

865285[/snapback]

That's very true, to be fair.

But Shatner's 76 now?!?!?! OMG, that makes me feel old!!! :unsure:

Wow, this is truly an amazing guest. Well done showmasters. I love it when we have someone really big at collectormania, as the atmosphere gets so hyped as everyone is so excited (e.g - elijah, james marsters and now William Shatner!) :unsure::lol:

NO COMMENT!! :jason:

Was a guest at a Star Trek con, a while ago.  Only did his requierd bits on stage.

Most of the time stoped in his room.  Had at least 3 'security' with him when he went to the main hall.  Considerd by most at the con as a 'pain'.

Expect this post will get removed.

864950[/snapback]

Guess who everyone !!! LOL ;)

865100[/snapback]

I have removed my part of this post!! The 'considerd by most at the con as a pain'

part WAS NOT MY OPINION. Also you have to remember this was in 1983, when the ST films were being made. He was 'nervous' at the start of the con, but had relaxed after about 2/3 of the first day. Reason being IMO that he was worried about getting 'mobed' at the start of the con, but not later.

Well he wouldnt attend the German convention because it was for 3 days so I think the chances are good that he will only be attending a single day, but which will it be  ;)

Personally I am hoping for Saturday but only because that is the day I have arranged to go but if he does only appear for the Sunday then I will have to re-work my plans.

865553[/snapback]

personally i'm hoping for not saturday cos i'm crewing all day!

I am gonna meet James T Kirk, i just hope there is not that long a que.

864884[/snapback]

You must be joking. He'll have a huge queue. Even if he comes on Friday I'll be amazed if there are any VTs left by 10:30am.

On Sat and Sun I'd say they'll be gone by 10am easily.

864951[/snapback]

now there's motivation for me to jump in a taxi with donna at 7am friday morn!!! :D (she's crewing!)

btw: FANTASTIC guest SM! truely amazing! well done indeed! ;) just hope photos are allowed initially, even non-posed ones... :D yeah my non-posed with Spock didn't come out cause my mate didn't push the botton hard enough grrrr :(

surfy sah xx

btw: FANTASTIC guest SM! truely amazing! well done indeed!  ;)  just hope photos are allowed initially, even non-posed ones...  :(  yeah my non-posed with Spock didn't come out cause my mate didn't push the botton hard enough grrrr  :D

865818[/snapback]

Your never going to let me forget that are you :D

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Showmasters Admin

William Shatner will definitely be attending for one day, although we hope he will be at C8 for two days. However we will only be able to confirm this once he knows which days he will be filming.

Showmasters has a special arrangement with several airlines which means we can book flights at the very last minute without having to pay the very high late booking prices that other conventions would have to. This enables us to be very flexible on arranging travel for a guest, putting less pressure on them to have a fixed travelling date well in advance of their departure. This is why we are sometimes offered last minute guests, and why in fact we were able to accomodate Adam Baldwin at LFCC 3.

We hope this clears things up. And just to confirm, we think Bill will be able to appear for two days of C8, and we have heard from his agent that he is looking forward to it too.

Jason

William Shatner will definitely be attending for one day, although we hope he will be at C8 for two days. However we will only be able to confirm this once he knows which days he will be filming.

Showmasters has a special arrangement with several airlines which means we can book flights at the very last minute without having to pay the very high late booking prices that other conventions would have to. This enables us to be very flexible on arranging travel for a guest, putting less pressure on them to have a fixed travelling date well in advance of their departure. This is why we are sometimes offered last minute guests, and why in fact we were able to accomodate Adam Baldwin at LFCC 3.

We hope this clears things up. And just to confirm, we think Bill will be able to appear for two days of C8, and we have heard from his agent that he is looking forward to it too.

Jason

865831[/snapback]

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! :vader: Nice to know, SM. Very nice to know.