YALC Schedule Revealed

• Showmasters Admin

Yalc%20news%20logo.jpg

With over 50 authors confirmed for our Young Adult Literature Convention taking place in The Book Zone this year, we are pleased to reveal our schedule of signings, workshops and panels!

With panels such as "Superfans Unite," Heroes of Horror" and "I'm Too sexy for This Book," as well as workshops on how to get published, creating your own adventure comic and the art of blogging, there is something for every reader to enjoy. Check out our full schedule and see how you can be involved by clicking the images below!

Saturday:

YALC_schedule_Saturday2014.jpg

Sunday

YALC_schedule_Sunday2014.jpg

Best of all, everything inside of the Book Zone is free, so all you need is your LFCC entry ticket! Available HERE.

Panels

Tickets for the panels will be available at 9am from the YALC info booth located inside the book zone. These are 1 per person and are only available for talks on the same day. If you want tickets for Sunday's panel, they will not be available until Sunday at 9am.

Workshops

If you want to take part in any of the workshops, you can sign up at the YALC info booth inside the Book Zone. Spaces will be strictly limited and so we will drawing people at random from those that sign up. The winners will be announced by the workshop area around 30 minutes before the start of each workshop.

Author Signings

All authors will be signing their books. At this time there is no limit to how many you can get signed, but one may be imposed if the line becomes too long. We would rather everyone get the chance to get one book signed rather than only a select few getting many signed. If you have books to be signed please make your way to the signing area inside the Book Zone at the appointed time. Please note that authors will only be signing their own works (ie books and scripts) they will not be signing items such as tickets or pieces of paper.

For those of you wanting to buy books, Waterstones will be on hand with titles from all our featured authors, so be sure to check out their stall, also located inside the Book Zone.

Publisher Area

Be sure to check out the publisher area too. There will be lots of freebies and the opportunity to sign up for exclusive news from your favourite publishers! If you are looking for that new exciting book, this is the place to be!

YALC is brought to you by the LFCC Book Zone in partnership with The Book Trust, and in association with Prudential and ALC's. It is spearheaded by the wonderful Waterstones Children's Laureate, Malorie Blackman, who hopes you all find something new and exciting to read!

Sponsers-news.jpg

• Like 1

Are the authors only signing their books or will they sign a 10x8 if asked as I would love to get Charlie Higson's autograph and I haven't been a Young Adult for some years so figure the books may not appeal to me but just wanted to see if asking him to sign a 10x8 wouldn't cause any problems. Unless, of course, I ask him to sign it in black and he flips out.

• Like 1