Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chris1970

Day Two

Recommended Posts

What I got today: Hayden auto and photo. Tom Ellis auto and photo. John Barrowman photo. All 3 photos were hugs, I'm on a 4 hug photo streak after my first ever hug photo with Manu yesterday :YAHOO: Brendan Fraser auto. Carrie-Anne Moss auto. Leslie Easterbrook auto. Manu Bennett auto.

Other highlights of the day: John Barrowman's talk!!! I give it 100 out of 10! Yes I wrote 100 out of 10! It was the best talk I've been to! Also finally got to say hi to @Wrong Name :WAVE:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Also finally got to say hi to @Wrong Name :WAVE:

It's a special moment isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

What I got today: Hayden auto and photo. Tom Ellis auto and photo. John Barrowman photo. All 3 photos were hugs, I'm on a 4 hug photo streak after my first ever hug photo with Manu yesterday :YAHOO: Brendan Fraser auto. Carrie-Anne Moss auto. Leslie Easterbrook auto. Manu Bennett auto.

Other highlights of the day: John Barrowman's talk!!! I give it 100 out of 10! Yes I wrote 100 out of 10! It was the best talk I've been to! Also finally got to say hi to @Wrong Name :WAVE:

John's talk was amazing he's so hilarious I think he could have gone on for hours if they let him. We got lucky and got front row too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, natedammit said:

It's a special moment isn't it?

Well it was special because I met Hayden at the same time :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EllaBlair said:

John's talk was amazing he's so hilarious I think he could have gone on for hours if they let him. We got lucky and got front row too.

Lucky you! I wouldn't had anything against him continuing :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VikingGrrrl said:

Lucky you! I wouldn't had anything against him continuing :D

Well I had a Gina Torres photo shoot to go to after so I might have had a small problem :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Well it was special because I met Hayden at the same time :D

Oh they did a double shoot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrewrolar said:

a 60 minute queue from the outside the normal Blyth road entrance that stretched all the way to the diamond pass collection area, and beyond. 

 

arrived 940, got in at 1050

 

in the end , I got everything done, but missing the Brendan Fraser AM shoot nearly messed the whole day up. 

Slightly odd as I got there at 9:50 & was in by 10:30. But I did think that blue/red shirts were needed on the queue to help people with photoshoots. There was no one to be seen but venue security. I didn’t really expect a 40 minute queue after open. The holding hall should have been utilised to get people out of the rain. Also can we please please please have a “fast track” entrance for those who have already picked up their 3 day passes. Another large event does this & it saves SO much time. If we have our bands then subject to searches we should be whizzed inside.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day two love amiee Garcia I mean what a pocket rocket, Manu Bennett dreamy pulled me in to his desk for kiss on the cheek and a cuddle as he remembered me what a lovely human he is.

got all my photos with no delays and had a  day of eating cake and American candy Jason works hard to get this con up and running and I for one love it 

the only thing is the same as yesterday was shunned and looked up and down by crew, got told there was an open queue come back they had that person on vq I got a vq and came back later in the day my number had been called got told no you can’t enter your have to wait two seconds later a lady came in had an access band just like me was pulled up in her front of the queue I don’t want to go to the front of the queue I just want join the line 

Brendan frasier phot am came in waited for dp passes to go though had batch one was told to go to the back of the queue said I’m having trouble standing showed her my band still said back of the queue, an hour later and a few access joined the queue they where pulled out and put to the front I shower the man I had the same badge was told I still had to wait ok so I waited again more access come and get taken though to the front 

same with amiee garcia queue wasn’t to the white line was told to come back came back ten minutes later again no entry a lady walked up complaining she had to get her auto as she had a photo shoot in ten got in to the queue 

atm sitting in my hotel room very stiff and sore joints for standing for long periods of time guests where great none a bad experience in getting to the point I’m in pain and don’t want to return tomorrow except I have more photos tomorrow please 

lots not anything personal to the the top dogs who run it it’s stressful and crazy I totally understand please brief queue on bands I had one openly admit they didn’t know about them or what the colour meant 

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Oh they did a double shoot?

Yeah, it was a Vibranium pass only thing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a dilemma. At the Martin Sheen Oval Office photo the lady in charge told everyone individually not to shake Martin's hand but you could put your hand on the back of the chair. In I go for my photo. Martin offered me his hand to shake. Well I am either very polite or very rebellious but I went against instructions and shook hands. Martin was a true gent throughout the session. Another memorable moment. :coolthumb:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Here's a dilemma. At the Martin Sheen Oval Office photo the lady in charge told everyone individually not to shake Martin's hand but you could put your hand on the back of the chair. In I go for my photo. Martin offered me his hand to shake. Well I am either very polite or very rebellious but I went against instructions and shook hands. Martin was a true gent throughout the session. Another memorable moment. :coolthumb:

It happens sometime, similar happened with the Cumber/Mads duo - we were told Cumbers didn't want to be touched so everyone asked Mads for a hug, which don't get me wrong was in someways far better (and resulted in me getting an awesome photo), but after a few photo's with everyone going straight in for a Madshug (TM)  Cumbers was confused as he was expecting everyone to make a beeline for him and asked what was going on, someone told him we had been told not to touch him and he put a stop to that (He's never going to be one for full on hugs whatever the circumstances but will wrap an arm around) and it went back to normal after that - sometimes wires get crossed.  It's always best to go with what the guest is doing so if they offer a handshake, go for it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As announced yesterday, i saw broo again and say hi this time :D

Nice little talk in the morning.

 

A bit disappointed about Jenna Coleman, one of the guests i wanted to meet the most, and few interactions at photos and auto.

Peter Purves was a fantastic guest to meet, i'va talked a little bit whith eccleston so better than last year :p

Michael shanks very funny in his talk, a good day too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to take this time to apologise to all the guests that had to put their hand on my sweaty back today! 

I know I wasn’t the only one, but appreciate the photos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It happens sometime, similar happened with the Cumber/Mads duo - we were told Cumbers didn't want to be touched so everyone asked Mads for a hug, which don't get me wrong was in someways far better (and resulted in me getting an awesome photo), but after a few photo's with everyone going straight in for a Madshug (TM)  Cumbers was confused as he was expecting everyone to make a beeline for him and asked what was going on, someone told him we had been told not to touch him and he put a stop to that (He's never going to be one for full on hugs whatever the circumstances but will wrap an arm around) and it went back to normal after that - sometimes wires get crossed.  It's always best to go with what the guest is doing so if they offer a handshake, go for it!

think I started the run of people asking for a Madshug, and want it known for the record that I would choose that over a Cumbhug every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A generally good day with only one exception.

Christopher Eccleston was a real gent and so was Ian McDiarmid. However Jenna Coleman didn't interact much and even worse stopped personalising autographs after a while, even for diamond pass holders which was pretty rubbish. I've never had this issue with any other guest and it bears poor comparison with people like McDiarmid who not only personalise but are happy to write quotes!

Edited by Brett Campbell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, natedammit said:

think I started the run of people asking for a Madshug, and want it known for the record that I would choose that over a Cumbhug every time.

Given that on the Hugsascale (1 being 'could fit a cupboard in between' and 50 being 'help I'm turning blue and would like to breath again') Mads is at least a 40 whereas Cumbs is only about a 20, I agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Given that on the Hugsascale (1 being 'could fit a cupboard in between' and 50 being 'help I'm turning blue and would like to breath again') Mads is at least a 40 whereas Cumbs is only about a 20, I agree.

Costas Mandylor = 47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna be selfish here, please get the invetweeners guys back, I got joe but I was so busy with everything else that I missed out on Blake so I’m hoping they will be back :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brett Campbell said:

A generally good day with only one exception.

Christopher Eccleston was a real gent and so was Ian McDiarmid. However Jenna Coleman didn't interact much and even worse stopped personalising autographs after a while, even for diamond pass holders which was pretty rubbish. I've never had this issue with any other guest and it bears poor comparison with people like McDiarmid who not only personalise but are happy to write quotes!

Many guests don't personalise and I know it comes up time and again so there's no real answer, but it's not that unusual and having a Diamond doesn't guarantee you will get one even if they have been doing it for some.  Going by similar comments from other events it may be that Jenna is just not naturally comfortable with event environments.  Not all guests are.

Image result for elmo shrug gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had an absolutely fantastic day with my daughter experiencing our first con and as difficult as it was navigating through the crowds and the pain my daughter is in now with her legs, We would really like to come back again! Loved the atmosphere, loved meeting the celebs especially Aimee Garcia, Matthew Lillard and Rob Morgan who were so lovely to my daughter :wub: Matthew Lillard even gave my daughter a free autograph after she went up specially to get one for her little sister (who stayed home with grandparents) as she adores him as shaggy. 

I loved hearing Matthew Lillard at his talk and I really respect him both as an actor and a person 

cant wait for tomorrow to finally meet Tom  Ellis (though he did brush past us in the photo area and we were so pleased to have seen him ). Also meeting John Barrowman and having photo with Matthew Lillard :) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, burns said:

As announced yesterday, i saw broo again and say hi this time :D

Nice little talk in the morning

 

Was really lovely to meet you and get to have a lil chat, thanks for stopping me and saying Hi! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Keepingmesane said:

Had an absolutely fantastic day with my daughter experiencing our first con and as difficult as it was navigating through the crowds and the pain my daughter is in now with her legs, We would really like to come back again! Loved the atmosphere, loved meeting the celebs especially Aimee Garcia, Matthew Lillard and Rob Morgan who were so lovely to my daughter :wub: Matthew Lillard even gave my daughter a free autograph after she went up specially to get one for her little sister (who stayed home with grandparents) as she adores him as shaggy. 

I loved hearing Matthew Lillard at his talk and I really respect him both as an actor and a person 

cant wait for tomorrow to finally meet Tom  Ellis (though he did brush past us in the photo area and we were so pleased to have seen him ). Also meeting John Barrowman and having photo with Matthew Lillard :) 

Meeting Tom Ellis and John Barrowman will be a pleasure for you tomorrow! They were both lovely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Hugsascale John Barrowman is a 50. I nearly disappeared into his shirt!:wub:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EllaBlair said:

Meeting Tom Ellis and John Barrowman will be a pleasure for you tomorrow! They were both lovely.

Laurie is going dressed as Mazikeen. Aimee took a video with her today to put on twitter :wub: told us to come see her tomorrow and she will do a vid to share with Lesley-Ann :)

my daughter took great pleasure in handing out small haribo bags to the crew and people she thought needed it to say thanks for their hard work and she got such lovely reactions

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...