General Chat

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I'm sure we have had posts from some youngsters before, I know I recall questions about attending on their own when they are only 15/16, I know we had one recently.

2 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@tenaciouspirit I can’t seriously be the youngest person on here! :lol:

If I’m not mistaken @fanowaty will be 17 at the time of the con and asked if there were any problems attending alone :o

So yeah the two of you make the rest of us feel very old indeed :P:P:P

• Like 1

I am back. Lots to catch up on here I see. We had an incident at my job today so I had to drop out a while. We had a hydrogen explosion because of faulty valve. And I was in the room at the same time, but I am ok. Glad I am off for the next five days.

We were talking about age, have we agreed on that I am the old one and @R4wly97 is the young one and the rest of you are in between? Hm, still...I have been guessed to be ten years younger and that I can live with.

16 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I am back. Lots to catch up on here I see. We had an incident at my job today so I had to drop out a while. We had a hydrogen explosion because of faulty valve. And I was in the room at the same time, but I am ok. Glad I am off for the next five days.

We were talking about age, have we agreed on that I am the old one and @R4wly97 is the young one and the rest of you are in between? Hm, still...I have been guessed to be ten years younger and that I can live with.

Glad to hear that you're okay. I'm working as an operator in a chemical plant when I'm not behind my pc, so I know how dangerous hydrogen and valves can be. It's the first year I'm working and I still have to experience the first serious accident. PS I'm 1-2 months younger than @R4wly97 ^_^

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_batflash123 said:

Glad to hear that you're okay. I'm working as an operator in a chemical plant when I'm not behind my pc, so I know how dangerous hydrogen and valves can be. It's the first year I'm working and I still have to experience the first serious accident. PS I'm 1-2 months younger than @R4wly97 ^_^

I have 22 years at my job and I have seen some things happen but today it was close 

Glad I noticed it in time and could shut things down before it got worse. Two minor bangs and one big before I could push nitrogen into it and stop it. I was supposed to work tomorrow but the boss told me to take a day off so I am greatful.

Thanks for all your kind words

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Like with Stargate (and most other things we love) there are too many brilliant strips to pick one as the best, but one I will love to my dying day is a very early strip, in fact it may be one of the first, and I have always remembered it and it makes me smile whenever I read it.

Image result for calvin and hobbes nails coffee table

Bahahahaha!! Brilliant! :lol: 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Glad you are OK Chris.

I think we cam to the conclusion that Fanowaty is the youngest.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Glad you're okay! :smile:

I still refuse to participate in the age conversation because it makes me feel old, even though I'm in the middle there some where :WINCE:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Another demotion eh? Poor Captain Natter needs to get his act together.

Yup, Major didn't learn his lesson and flipped the Admiral off so he's been sent to Colchester glasshouse.

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Oh! How about we talk about our con "age" istead? As in years between now and your first con? Well, my con age is 2 ^_^

*sigh* 20.