General Chat

55 minutes ago, Broo said:

That's funny because my hair is long because I'm lazy lol

No word of a lie, my hair is longer than I normally have it because I've spent too much money this month on LfCC + booking an anniversary trip to Disney Paris, and feel bad about spending anymore money. I will literally pay £200 + for a diamond pass, but find it hard to justify spending that £10 extra on a haircut. I'd rather wear hats.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

No word of a lie, my hair is longer than I normally have it because I've spent too much money this month on LfCC + booking an anniversary trip to Disney Paris, and feel bad about spending anymore money. I will literally pay £200 + for a diamond pass, but find it hard to justify spending that £10 extra on a haircut. I'd rather wear hats.

A friend of mine worked for a luxury music system company, brands like Krell etc etc. He told me one day a guy came in the shop and bought a complete system and paid cash approx £ 110.000. Had it all put on a small covered wagon and drove off in his rusty 90’s SAAB. All got to do with hobbies. ^_^

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Not Chris1970 old

:angry: :grump: :poki:

Not Chris1790 old?

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Bumbersick Canadawarf

People would pay to look like him!

1 hour ago, Broo said:

That's funny because my hair is long because I'm lazy lol

You Madam, are a woman after my own heart.

48 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

A friend of mine worked for a luxury music system company, brands like Krell etc etc. He told me one day a guy came in the shop and bought a complete system and paid cash approx £ 110.000. Had it all put on a small covered wagon and drove off in his rusty 90’s SAAB. All got to do with hobbies. ^_^

When I was doing a degree in hotel management one of the things I remember our lecturer saying was, particularly if you ended up in a high class place, that some of the richest people can look like they can't afford a pair of decent trousers, and especially so for kids of rich people,  so never assume if people come in looking like they aren't your usual clientele.

19 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Not Chris1790 old?

People would pay to look like him!

When I was doing a degree in hotel management one of the things I remember our lecturer saying was, particularly if you ended up in a high class place, that some of the richest people can look like they can't afford a pair of decent trousers, and especially so for kids of rich people,  so never assume if people come in looking like they aren't your usual clientele.

Never been old, always been young and agile! :poki:

True, plus if you get or have a ton of cash I know a few who got very very careful with the money. I know someone who has a few millions on the bank (so to speak) and he did all the work on his house that cost extra and hired only what he could not do, just to save a few thousands.

B):lol: Noticed that I saved the line under the comment about age, thought it sounded right for me .

Edited by Chris1970
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

Was wondering how long it would take you to see that! Sorry, but so everyone can work out how old I am, I'm 13 years younger than you!

In which case, I suddenly feel like one of the kids now! ;) (Not by far, though! :smile:)

2 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

Was wondering how long it would take you to see that! Sorry, but so everyone can work out how old I am, I'm 13 years younger than you!

Oh I missed this, twas only @wjbleming commenting that made me see it. For the sake of sharing, snap!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Broo said:

Oh I missed this, twas only @wjbleming commenting that made me see it. For the sake of sharing, snap!

21 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

So basically what you lot did, those who didn't see what Wrong Name wrote, are admitting you don't read the posts properly. :D

In my defence (And I'm fully aware Raylenth wasn't referring to me ;)), I was catching up. Not my fault I had to catch up on 2 pages worth of posts! :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I freely admit to skim reading myself on occasion, cumulatively, we do post a lot sometimes :whistling::D

Missing any posts is my fault for trying to read the thread when I had my three demons running amok in the living room. Apologies! :)

Edited by Broo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

Missing any posts is my fault for trying to read the thread when I had my three demons running amok in the living room. Apologies!

Seriously don't apologise, I was joking.  It's understandable we don't read every single word, it's human nature, especially when there's a lot to read.  And doubly when you have children to take care of :P

Edited by Raylenth

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Seriously don't apologise, I was joking.  It's understandable we don't read every single word, it's human nature, especially when there's a lot to read.  And doubly when you have children to neglect :P

Fixed it. It was established last week that it's character building stuff and encourages independence ;)

Thank you :) x

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Broo said:

Fixed it. It was established last week that it's character building stuff and encourages independence ;)

Thank you :) x

Image result for calvin and hobbes character building

Sorry, I adore Calvin & Hobbes so it seemed appropriate.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Broo said:

Omg Calvin & Hobbes :wub: love it!! That is *so* my youngest in a few years :lol:

Like with Stargate (and most other things we love) there are too many brilliant strips to pick one as the best, but one I will love to my dying day is a very early strip, in fact it may be one of the first, and I have always remembered it and it makes me smile whenever I read it.

Image result for calvin and hobbes nails coffee table

• Haha 1

@Chris1970 @VikingGrrrl @tompain100 @The_batflash123 @Kurdamoni @Broo @natedammit @wjbleming

Hi everyone! I saw you had been talking about my age and username earlier so I won’t keep you in suspense any longer! Yep 97 is the year I was born, I’m 20 at the moment but 21 next month, I’m definitely a she and definitely not at school! :P

Hope this helps and you enjoyed hearing the boring life story of R4 :lol:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

@Chris1970 @VikingGrrrl @tompain100 @The_batflash123 @Kurdamoni @Broo @natedammit @wjbleming

Hi everyone! I saw you had been talking about my age and username earlier so I won’t keep you in suspense any longer! Yep 97 is the year I was born, I’m 20 at the moment but 21 next month, I’m definitely a she and definitely not at school! :P

Wonder if that makes you the youngest active forum user? Beat me by 3 years :P

6 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

;)

giphy.gif

Edited by wjbleming
  • Haha 2