New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

I would still keep your printout or eticket version for your photo op, last year for my diamond pass photo ops they still wanted to scan the barcode thingy which is on the ticket and not on your plastic diamond pass card.

That shouldn't have happened Broo, they would only need to scan any extra shoots you have bought.  Maybe the crew were confused.

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

I would still keep your printout or eticket version for your photo op, last year for my diamond pass photo ops they still wanted to scan the barcode thingy which is on the ticket and not on your plastic diamond pass card.

Oh wow :o I always keep my copy to hand, but i've never had that in any of my passes. One time, they didn't even clip my Jeremy Renner pass, they had to call me back. 

2 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

One last question! You've been super helpful. If I have a diamond pass for Jason (and some others I'm planning to buy) and go to get my autograph with the extra help wristband do I have to wait until after my diamond number has been called? Maybe I'm being blind but I can't see it on the extra help page. 

According to what it says on the accessibility page, that the normal rules for the queue still apply, yes it just means they will try and get you through faster once you have been called so that you don't have to stand in the queue for too long.

Just now, Raylenth said:

According to what it says on the accessibility page, that the normal rules for the queue still apply, yes it just means they will try and get you through faster once you have been called so that you don't have to stand in the queue for too long.

Cool. Thanks! Now just to save the money to get those extra diamonds I want.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

That shouldn't have happened Broo, they would only need to scan any extra shoots you have bought.  Maybe the crew were confused.

Oh that's interesting, it's funny because for one of my dp photo ops they didn't scan and I assumed it had just been forgotten. Perhaps confusion in the busyness then as you say :)

2 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Oh wow :o I always keep my copy to hand, but i've never had that in any of my passes. One time, they didn't even clip my Jeremy Renner pass, they had to call me back. 

It shouldn't have happened and if it does and anyone doesn't have the print out any more ask for the pit boss to be called.  Once you have collected your Diamond pass that is all you need to access those activities, the crew should just clip it once you go through to prove you have had it.

They should only ask for and scan any extra photo's you may have purchased.

1 minute ago, Broo said:

Oh that's interesting, it's funny because for one of my dp photo ops they didn't scan and I assumed it had just been forgotten. Perhaps confusion in the busyness then as you say :)

In the end we are all humans and errors can be made. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broo said:

Gosh, sorry for causing any confusion then @Raylenth! x

No problem, if it happened it's best to get clarification, like Chris said unfortunately people do make mistakes especially when the crew are new and unsure.  But now you know if it happens again all they are supposed to do is check your pass and slip it. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

In the end we are all humans and errors can be made. ;)

Absolutely! Honestly I think everyone involved in the organising and running of this event is amazing, the magnitude of it and still it runs incredibly smoothly. Hats off to everyone frankly :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

No problem, if it happened it's best to get clarification, like Chris said unfortunately people do make mistakes especially when the crew are new and unsure.  But now you know if it happens again all they are supposed to do is check your pass and slip it. :lol:

Indeed easy mistake to make, let's not forget the amount of people on LFCC makes it difficult at times to organise properly! I for one have an enormous respect for the crew! :o

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Indeed easy mistake to make, let's not forget the amount of people on LFCC makes it difficult at times to organise properly! I for one have an enormous respect for the crew! :o

Yes! All the crew are doing an enormous job at all the cons, each time I take my hat off for what they do. Last year I told many of them thank you for a fantastic job, they deserve to hear it.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I've just read the page and it says this about the auto's:

Autograph lines – In most cases we operate a Virtual Queuing system for busy guests. This means that you do not need to queue for long periods. You (or your carer) collect a numbered ticket at the beginning of the day in the signing area and return any time after that number has been called. As an attendee identified as requiring extra help due to being unable to stand for long periods, once your VQ ticket has been called you will be put towards the front of the queue to reduce your actual queueing time. As a rough guide your actual queuing time should be no more than 10 minutes.

So it means you all still need a VQ or Diamond pass and just that when you have been called they will help you through so you don't have to stand.  

The mods may be able to help clarify this or one of the attendees who uses this system.  @robmoriarty sorry to tag you but can you offer any insight into this?

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

That's what I thought as well which I why I think we need clarification on it.  @Queen_Sindel

1 hour ago, EllaBlair said:

I don't mind if they've changed it to needing VQ tickets. It was handy last year but most of the ones I ended up seeing they didn't have big queues by the time we got to them. I think we used the wristbands to go to the front of the queue... twice? For Pilou Asbeak and Dan Fogler I think.

I was told last year extra help = virtual ticket #0, or as close to the front of the queue as staff can reasonably place you after diamond packages etc.

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Thanks 1

@robmoriarty they seem to have changed it this year to that you need a virtual queue ticket but will be put to the front of the queue after that number has been called. 

Photoshoots seems to be the same though that they will put you to the front, last year I waited until the diamond passes were gone and was put in right after all of them which was great.

Edited by EllaBlair

7 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

@robmoriarty they seem to have changed it this year to that you need a virtual queue ticket but will be put to the front of the queue after that number has been called. 

Photoshoots seems to be the same though that they will put you to the front, last year I waited until the diamond passes were gone and was put in right after all of them which was great.

I'm trying to get clarification on this. As usual, that's a question where I need the office and of course it came up on the weekend.

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm trying to get clarification on this. As usual, that's a question where I need the office and of course it came up on the weekend.

"You (or your carer) collect a numbered ticket at the beginning of the day in the signing area and return any time after that number has been called. As an attendee identified as requiring extra help due to being unable to stand for long periods, once your VQ ticket has been called you will be put towards the front of the queue to reduce your actual queueing time."

Hmmm, whilst it may appear from the organiser's perspective this gives parity to everyone involved (irrespective of needing extra help or not) for those requiring extra help it can take many longer to move around the venue. With the ensuing madness of the early morning rush by everyone to get the lowest VQ numbers possible especially trying to get to the first floor, they'll automatically be disadvantaged once more surely?

1 minute ago, robmoriarty said:

Hmmm, whilst it may appear from the organiser's perspective this gives parity to everyone involved (irrespective of needing extra help or not) for those requiring extra help it can take many longer to move around the venue. With the ensuing madness of the early morning rush by everyone to get the lowest VQ numbers possible especially trying to get to the first floor, they'll automatically be disadvantaged once more surely?

I was actually thinking this too. With the extra help wristband you do get let into the venue a few minutes early but it does not particularly help in my case as I can' use stairs (I use a crutch to get around and stairs are particularly difficult for me). Trying to get to the virtual queues in a timely manner will be almost impossible as they are on the 2nd floor. The lifts weren't particularly easy to find as I remember from last year.

Just now, EllaBlair said:

I was actually thinking this too. With the extra help wristband you do get let into the venue a few minutes early but it does not particularly help in my case as I can' use stairs (I use a crutch to get around and stairs are particularly difficult for me). Trying to get to the virtual queues in a timely manner will be almost impossible as they are on the 2nd floor. The lifts weren't particularly easy to find as I remember from last year.

Didn't realise there was slightly earlier entry. That may help, but when you have to wait for twenty minutes to use the lift because everyone is using it the advantage can quickly be lost again!:lol:

Just now, robmoriarty said:

Didn't realise there was slightly earlier entry. That may help, but when you have to wait for twenty minutes to use the lift because everyone is using it the advantage can quickly be lost again!:lol:

They had it last year. I think they said it was 5 minutes but we barely got 50 feet inside before the rest of the crowd was allowed in. Definitely not enough time to find your way up to the next floor. They have a separate queue for the extra help wristbands. I made myself known to a member of the crew who directed me to that queue and once I showed my blue badge me and my sister were given wristbands. It seems this year you have to apply in advance for these wristbands but thats not too much of a problem. I'm just waiting until my blue badge is renewed in May to apply so it's in date when the event happens.