First time to comic con :)

Hi, I would appreciate if any of you guys could help me out :) what happens if your favourite guest is announced too close to the event and entry tickets are sold out? I don't know how this works haha, does everyone just buy them, then go through refunds etc? I really want to see Robert Knepper, I know he attended 2011 and 2014, what are the chances of him attending 2017 do you think? Praying he comes haha. Thank you!

As far as I am aware entry tickets non-refundable. so couldnt biy then request refund if the guest you want doesnt show up.

also on other hand, if they do and you dont have entry ticket and they are sold out you lose out too as need entry ticket to get in for photo.

its a gamble but there is always amazing giests so well worth it.... i know personally there is always plenty guests i want to meet. my issue is budgeting myself as too many lol

• Like 1

LFCC isn't usually sold out until June or so. But some actors can be confirmed, or cancelled, after that. And entry tickets are non-refundable.

Your best bet is to find a way to enjoy the event separate than the presence of that one actor. There are 80 to 100 guests every year, surely you'll be interested in at least a bunch of them! Also, you got cosplays to admire, stuff to buy, fellow fans to meet. Most of us have a great time even if our favourite star cancels or is not invited at all.

• Like 1

Also you have to be aware that as entry is non refundable, if you are going to see only 1 or 2 people you have to be able to take the financial hit if those guests cancels, which is entirely possible. Re the sold out issue it's very hard to judge. If they announce a mega guest ticket sales may go quickly. The first year with Diamond passes they had Sigourney Weaver and Michael J Fox, 2 massive names and naturally they did sell out that year.

There's always the send in service for autographs if you can't attend for some reason.

Quick question about the gold pass. If I purchased a general entry ticket and then decided nearer the time I wanted to upgrade it to a gold pass is this possible?

Yes. You just contact the shop.

Unless Gold Passes are sold out at that Point. Has happened before too, hence the warning.

I'd say don't book too many photoshoots, especially with popular guests, as it can get very stressful

I just have to say that that really depends on how many days you are going and what else you want to do. It's entirely possible to do loads of shoots but if you want talks and auto's as well yu do have to consider that.

I'd say don't book too many photoshoots, especially with popular guests, as it can get very stressful

I just have to say that that really depends on how many days you are going and what else you want to do. It's entirely possible to do loads of shoots but if you want talks and auto's as well yu do have to consider that.

Yeah, but i met people who got about 7 shoots, basically rushing from queue to queue, without much time to enjoy the event.

Yeah, but i met people who got about 7 shoots, basically rushing from queue to queue, without much time to enjoy the event.

That was similar to us in LFCC2016. We'd booked 10 for Saturday, not having a lot of time for stalls, etc, with autos and the shoots, but that was as much down to us not planning it right. We could've done 2 days with 5 each day, but left it too late to book everything.

I only went for one day in 2015 and found it stressful trying to get everything done (I planned to meet 7 guests and had 1 special photoshoot).

Because of the setup at the time, as well as the times my friend and I joined the queue, I missed out on one guest and didn't get a chance to see the stalls until about 4pm.

This year, I went all 3 days. I didn't buy any photoshoot tickets until the timetable was put up the week before.

(7 guests, 2 photoshoots and 2 special photoshoots).

For the next LFCC, at the moment, I have one guest planned (that guest will be at Collectormania which I plan to go to).

That was similar to us in LFCC2016. We'd booked 10 for Saturday, not having a lot of time for stalls, etc, with autos and the shoots, but that was as much down to us not planning it right. We could've done 2 days with 5 each day, but left it too late to book everything.

5-6 is probably the most I would try in a day. 2016 I did 5 on Saturday but 2 were diamond shoots so I had plenty of time

• 2 weeks later...

Take your time with walking around and getting your autographs. Sometimes you'll find certain guests will have literally no queues, so you can go up and get them when you want, whereas with other guests, you may find a long queue, so get that auto first, then just take your time around the stalls or go for something to eat or chill out, and then come back and get the other guests that don't have the long queue's autos.

And there are some who go only to collect photos and plan their days so that they can fit in as many as possible. It depends on what your priorities are.

I'll be there all three days and will likely have around 20 or so shoots over the whole weekend and still have time for stalls and other things. I know some people who have three times that many and manage to get it all done.

Work out your game plan each day and stick to it. The staff are there to help if you need it.

• Like 1