Destination London

I´m coming with Luxair from Luxembourg by plane , and I think my journey on the underground to my hotel the Novotel which is close to the convention is longer than my flight XD , I arrive at London City Airport and that is quite a journey to Hammersmith station from there. But "unfortunately" Luxair was for once the cheapest flight, which is like well never, but yeah London City, with BA to Heathrow would have been closer but was 100 euro more expensive.

You will love LCY airport. It's small and mainly a business airport so the people going through the airport know what they are doing and do it everyday. It is nice an quick to get through. A lot less stressful than somewhere like Heathrow. It will just take a bit more time to navigate the DLR and tube.

• Like 1

18 hour bus journey wow.... Impressive!

Mind you I am coming from Newcastle (Upon Tyne). On the fabulous £4.50 return MEGABUS! Takes up to 9 hours and hey under a fiver! Talk about a bargain to travel 600 miles haha

Still it can be hell on earth on this bus. Always gain a story every journey... mostly horrific ones haha

I´m coming with Luxair from Luxembourg by plane , and I think my journey on the underground to my hotel the Novotel which is close to the convention is longer than my flight XD , I arrive at London City Airport and that is quite a journey to Hammersmith station from there. But "unfortunately" Luxair was for once the cheapest flight, which is like well never, but yeah London City, with BA to Heathrow would have been closer but was 100 euro more expensive.

You will love LCY airport. It's small and mainly a business airport so the people going through the airport know what they are doing and do it everyday. It is nice an quick to get through. A lot less stressful than somewhere like Heathrow. It will just take a bit more time to navigate the DLR and tube.

That´s good to hear, normally I arrived always at Heathrow and also at Stansted, LCY is a first this time, but good because ID check always takes so long at Heathrow -_-

• Like 1

I'll come from the Czech Republic. And I don't fly, so bus it is :D

Thats impressive, how long will it take you?

About 18 hours or so. It's horrible :D A flight would have taken me only 2 hours (plus transport from Luton, Gatwick or Heathrow). But yeah. DonT like flying. And I hate the bus journey as well, but. Irrational fears win.

I travel to London a couple of times a year so I'm used to it though.

I don't think I'll ever complain again about my silly 7 hour bus ride from Belgium :o

• Like 1

We're coming from Portsmouth, so only an hour/two away, but we're heading up straight from our wedding reception on the Friday, ready to be here for the Saturday to start our honeymoon!

That'll be a nice start to the honeymoon.

We're coming from Portsmouth, so only an hour/two away, but we're heading up straight from our wedding reception on the Friday, ready to be here for the Saturday to start our honeymoon!

That'll be a nice start to the honeymoon.

Oh yeah! We've booked the Hold The Door photoshoot already, and are considering what else to go for :-)

That´s good to hear, normally I arrived always at Heathrow and also at Stansted, LCY is a first this time, but good because ID check always takes so long at Heathrow -_-

I am not going to say they will be super quick at the passport check to get you through but there is little chance that an A380 and two 7474s have just unloaded before you. It will only be your plane there being unloaded really.

Also enjoy approach it is a little bit steeper than normal airport approaches. :)

• Like 2

Coming from the south coast near Brighton. Well more than likely I'll go from Brighton to make the train fare cheaper and the journey quicker,should only take an hour or so. But knowing southern rail it could take anywhere up to 2 and a half hours not including delays.

I am not going to say they will be super quick at the passport check to get you through but there is little chance that an A380 and two 7474s have just unloaded before you. It will only be your plane there being unloaded really.

Also enjoy approach it is a little bit steeper than normal airport approaches. :)

The approach to LCY freaks me out haha going right through Canary warf and over Central London really is an interesting sight though.

London city is far easier to get through yhan gatwick or Heathrow so you shouldn't have much to worry about ;)

The approach to LCY freaks me out haha going right through Canary warf and over Central London really is an interesting sight though.

London city is far easier to get through yhan gatwick or Heathrow so you shouldn't have much to worry about ;)

I´m not worried ;) , as I am not really busy on thursday anymore due to that Thursday cancellation of the Con, it sucks only that the subway journey is maybe longer than my flight XD, and that I have no direct connection first the DLR to Westham station and then from there only 23 more stops until Hammersmith station on the District Line XD

Edited by timlux

yeah theres irony for you.... next month all the londoners will be coming clacton, and im going to be escaping to london for a week!

the sea is overrated in my opinion :P at least it is at clacton. Only thing that seems to live in it is shopping trolleys

• Like 1